3 replies to this topic

#1 Katie-Nana

Katie-Nana

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,175 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 03:19 PM

So I've always liked the name Anna...my middle name is Ann after my grandmother Ann Virginia who died before I was born. And I've always liked the idea that it would honor her and me at the same time. But my cousin beat me to it :unsure:. She is expecting a little girl and has chosen the name Annabel Lynn. I don't really see her much (I've probably seen her a total of 3 times in the past 10 years) but do you think I could still use the name Anna (which is one of my two favorite girl names) if I had a girl?

#2 ReadeAlexandra

ReadeAlexandra

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 05:03 PM

Yeah go ahead and use Anna or if you want a distinction you can use Annaleigh or Annamarie or Annagrace or something but Anna and Annabel are too different names

#3 -Tara♥

-Tara♥

Epic Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,716 posts
  • Interests:Taking long walks, riding old back roads, mudding with friends, cookouts at the cabin, singing and dancing the night away, cooking, swimming at hatchie river, camping out, watching my cousins grow, Photography, Nursing

Posted 16 March 2010 - 03:30 PM

yeah i think you should still use the name Anna

#4 D3sire

D3sire

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,979 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 04:40 PM

I agree with the other posters. Anna & Annabel are two different names. I would say that Anna is still fair game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users