Tormented

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 04:15 PM

http://www.people.co...0466329,00.html

Fresh out of the oven!

Cake Boss star Buddy Valastro is a dad for the fourth time, his rep tells PEOPLE.

Valastro's wife Lisa, who also appears on the TLC show, gave birth to son Carlo Salvatore Valastro on Monday, Feb. 14 at 5:11 p.m. The baby boy was born at Saint Barnabas Medical Center in Livingston N.J., weighing in at 7 lbs., 3 oz., and measuring 20 inches long.

"We feel so blessed to welcome a healthy new baby into our family," Valastro, 33, tells PEOPLE. "Lisa’s doing great and we can't wait to bring Carlo home."

Carlo joins elder siblings Sofia, 7, Bartolo (Buddy), 6, and Marco, 3, at home in Hoboken, N.J., where Valastro runs Carlo's Bakery.

The baby's names each honor a man close to the family's heart: Carlo, for the man Valastro's father took over the business from, and Salvatore for Sal Picinich, who worked in the shop as a baker for more than four decades and whom Valastro considered to be a second father. Picinich lost his battle with cancer in January.

TLC will air a one-hour special celebrating the new baby on Sunday, March 6 at 9 pm ET, capturing the family preparing for his arrival, Lisa's baby shower, and the birth of Carlo.
---------------------------

Congrats to Buddy and his family. :) Nice traditional Italian names.

#2 PaperHeart

PaperHeart

Genie-ous Baby Namer and Moderator

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,160 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 06:22 AM

I think it definitely fits with the other names.
Mm.
Carlo is kind of cute! :)

I love how they all have some kind of theme.

Congratulations to them!

#3 Mariel

Mariel

Distinguished Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 01:00 AM

I <3 Carlos bakery
Anyway, I love Carlo... Because Buddy's dad was named Carlo (I think?) and that's who the bakery is named after.
And it's cute, he'll grow up like, that's MY bakery :blink:

#4 LizzieAnn

LizzieAnn

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 12:29 PM

I <3 Carlos bakery
Anyway, I love Carlo... Because Buddy's dad was named Carlo (I think?) and that's who the bakery is named after.
And it's cute, he'll grow up like, that's MY bakery :blink:

Buddy's dad's name was also Buddy. And Buddy's son is also buddy. And Mauro's son. I think Buddy/Bartolo is the 'run-in-the-family' name. Carlo is the person Buddy sr. bought the bakery from.

I love the name they picked; it fits so well with their other kids! It's really Italian, but it's also modern enough not to get made fun of.

#5 Bekas

Bekas

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 09:42 PM

I think that the name sounds really great, and it seems perfect with their other children's names

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users