Baby Name Poll Results
opinions on vs. 5 names
My husband and I have been having some trouble deciding on a name for our daughter. We really love 5 names equally! So we are now looking for an outside opinion. We will post the 5 names in the first comment. Please give us opinions on every name, don’t just tell us which name you like best. Thanks Rose & Dave
The Top Baby Name is...
||33% (1 votes)
||67% (2 votes)
Coral-is pretty but reminds me of mermaids it sounds made up
Maxine-I love so cute and uncommon
Lorelai- Is really nice sounding and very feminine, plus unusual but in a good way
Emmy-Is super cute, but may want to consider longer versions for when she is older
Rosa- is nice but again may want to consider a longer version, is nicknamish
Lorelai is by far my favorite
- Rosa: I see your name is Rose, and I always thought that naming a child after a parent, although a sweet gesture, is also kinda weird. Give her, her own name and you can use Rosa or Rosalie as a middle name.
- Maxine: I do actually like think name and think Max on girl is pretty cute.
- Coral: Eh, I prefer Pearl or Coraline. Coraline makes it more of a name instead of just something thats underwater. Cora/Coralie are also really cute nicknames.
- Lorelai: I do like think name, and it is probably my favorite name from the list (unless you choose Coraline or a full name for Emmy). I love the name Laurel and I think its so pretty. I would suggest spelling it Laurelei, but I do see how that looks weird.
- Emmy: I do like the name Emmy, but as a nickname to Emilia, Emilie, or Emmeline.
Lorelei Rose or Lorelei Martine
Rosa Emmeline or Rosa Lorelei
Rosa - I like it but it’s similar to Rose which is very common as a middle name
Maxine - Love Maxine although I worry a bit about the Maxi pad connection - but does anyone say maxi pad anymore? Maybe it’s a non-issue
Coral - I really like it. I like names that are easy to spell/pronounce and that everyone has heard of, but that are underused and Coral fits that to a T
Lorelai - I like it
Emmy - This is too nicknamey for me and just makes me think she should look like a gold statue and watch a lot of TV :)
- Rosa- Not my favorite but since your name is Rose it could work, also like Rosie
- Maxine- This name just sounds old, but the nickname Max is cute.
- Coral- Love this name just sounds so pretty!
- Lorelai- I like this one also very girly!
- Emmy- I do not love sounds like a nickname not a real name like Emma or Emmaline better.
I just noticed that your name is Rose so I would not use Rosa so I retract my previous comment of Rosa. I would use Lorelei.
If your name is Rose, definitely not Rosa!
Please ignore my spelling/grammar errors. To finish up, I like Lorelai Rosa or Lorelai Maxine (But Coraline and a longer version of Emmy trump Lorelai).
I like Emmy. Its the only one I really like at all but its great so prefectly cute. Your right though a formal name with Emmy would be better. Emily, Emila, Emerson, Ember, Emery, Emmiline, or anything with em in it.
Lorelai is the best!
- Rosa- too close to mother’s name and I don’t particularly like the name.
- Maxine- opens up the possibility for the nickname Maxi as in the pad so I am not really a fan.
- Coral- I think coral is an alright name but I prefer Cora.
- Lorelai- I dislike this name because even spelled correctly it looks incorrect to me but it is simply a personal opinion.
- Emmy- good but I prefer it with a longer full name.
Sorry if I offended you this is simply my opinion
Rosa is ok but reminds me of an old Spanish lady that’s quite overweight, always cooking and always jolly (could be worse associations!) Maxine is really unatractive in my opinion. Where I come from it’s a very common name, usually used by people from lower social backgrounds. Coral is beautiful! I love it. It’s very pretty and much nicer than Carol! I also love Coraline and Coralynn. Lorelai is not a bad name but it reminds me of a woman from a show called Prisoner Cell Block H! She was an inmate! Emmy doesn’t bother me one way or the other really (I neither like or dislike the name,) however I’m sure it’s the name of an award of some description? To sum up the only one I’d use is Coral, but the others are good enough as middle names as they arn’t bad (with the exception of Maxine!) I wish you all the best and hope you pick Coral!
Lorelai Maxine is cute!
Post a Comment:
Please keep your comments positive and helpful.
Even if you don't like the names. Thanks!
For all baby name poll questions, complaints, or improvements