207 replies to this topic

#61 alyssa897

alyssa897

Legendary Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,798 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 10:35 PM

What about Thaden John, Luna Phoenix, and Selena Olivia?

Just thought of this. :)

#62 *Becca1*

*Becca1*

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 10:37 PM

Love Luna Pheonix but hate olivia sorry :)

#63 *Becca1*

*Becca1*

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • 699 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 10:38 PM

Love Luna Pheonix but hate olivia sorry :)

#64 alyssa897

alyssa897

Legendary Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 2,798 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 10:39 PM

Don't be sorry. :)

I don't like it much either, but I love Alivia. :D

#65 *Becca1*

*Becca1*

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • 699 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 10:41 PM

Idk why I hate it but I do Alivia is much nicer but then w/ Selena its aa little "A" heavy

#66 alyssa897

alyssa897

Legendary Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 2,798 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 10:42 PM

You're right it is "A" heavy.

So you like Selena Kayleigh? I think it's cute too. That's Selena Gomez's name. :)

#67 *Becca1*

*Becca1*

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • 699 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 10:45 PM

lol It is really cute but ryans iffy on that and pheonix he says pheonix is boyish and kaylieghis his step sis is name... I just realized sumthing... Luna from Hp and The Pheonix was in Hp lol

#68 D3sire

D3sire

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 3,995 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 10:47 PM

Luna is very Harry Potter loony Luna. May I suggest Lola? It usually isn't my style but I prefer it to Luna.

Is Emeber a spelling mistake? I hope so because I can't figure out how this would be pronounced... Ember (this spelling) is not my style either, reminds me of fire and the very dated & downmarket Amber... Carlisle is all male to me. If you intend on calling her Carly why not just Carly?

I like Jasper though I would be wary of the Twilight connection. While I would MUCH rather see Carlisle on a boy rather than a girl it is still not my thing. Just feels really dated and 'middle aged' to me, again there is no escaping the Twilight association. Bentley is not my style, makes me think of Bentley luggage and BMW's. I was watching the new MTV show the other day called 16 & Pregnant & the couple named their son Bentley... seems trendy and I wouldn't be surprised if it gains popularity due to the episode...

Some others you may like:
Soleil - means sun in french, like the actress Soleil Moon Fry - it feels along the same lines as Luna but without the HP connection and much softer sounding imo.
Aurora - Again similar in style to the names on your list
Lola
Leia
Layla/Laila
Isis
Aria
Audra
Willa

Evander - The following have a 'vampire' feel without screaming 'Twilight'
Leander
Silas
Cassius
Alistair
Emmett
Phineas

#69 *Becca1*

*Becca1*

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • 699 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 10:57 PM

gahh Idk anymore. Idk now. I love the names but I feel crazy for naming he Luna... Idk what to do

#70 alyssa897

alyssa897

Legendary Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 2,798 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 11:12 PM

Don't feel crazy. Did you ever see that list that Cadence posted about some crazy names?! Now that would be crazy! :)

#71 Momo Cicerone

Momo Cicerone

Epic Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts
  • Interests:-Manga/Anime
    -Reality shows
    -Fanfiction (ages ago)
    -Books (Science fiction, Romance, Fantasy, Poetry, Adventure, Suspense, etc)
    -Shopping (shoes -watched too much Sex & the City)
    -Movies (and popcorn)
    -Surfing the internet
    -Video games (ages ago)
    -Dogs (Have an Alaskan Malamute named Zoe)
    -Karaoke (could stay all night long)
    -Drawing (ages ago, already lost my touch)

Posted 22 July 2009 - 04:17 AM

Hem.............

I'm sorry -I really am- But Luna & Selena is SO Sailor Moon. Pleople will think you're an otaku or something o_O

*Sorry guys, I'm speaking Otaku language, that is Manga/Anime freak lenguage*

If you think Jasper is too popular, you might try Casper.

#72 *Becca1*

*Becca1*

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • 699 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 05:36 AM

o Idk i need to think about this some

#73 Kieran

Kieran

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 05:36 AM

Luna is a name I hold a soft spot for, although I don't know whether I'd use it myself -- I can see some teasing potential associated with it. But, that aside, I do think it's a pretty awesome name. That said I don't care much for the other names, especially with Luna. I do think, however, that this is the best sibling set that you've come up with so far.

I have a few ideas for both genders, if you'd like to hear them?
Em- I think an Em- name would be nice as a sister to Luna. I'd suggest either Emma or Emily, but you might find them both somewhat common/popular in comparison to the lesser hear Luna. If so, I suggest Emme, which still has the Em- sound but isn't as popular as the other two I mentioned.

Or, you could go down a more traditional route for the second girl, I think these names could be nice with Luna, plus they are more or less uncommon as first names:
Anne - I think this could be nice as a sister to Luna, although, IMO, it would have to be paired with something more unusual as a middle name.
Rose - Used a lot as a middle name or a "filler name" but I very rarely hear/see it used as a first name.
Grace - I find the difference in style between appealing, especially due to the fact that they will be the two who are identical -- I'm assuming that you released two eggs and one split resulting in triplets as opposed to twins.

Or, if you want to go down yet another route, a more funky/creative one:
Thea
Joss - This is actually my brother's wife's name. I think it's really cool though!

And for boys I can only think of three or so names I really like with Luna, in no particular order:
Jett
Drew
Rex

Also, for a name which sounds/looks/feels like Jasper, I suggest either Casper/Caspar or Gasper.

Good luck coming up with the perfect name for your babies! :)

#74 *Becca1*

*Becca1*

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • 699 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 05:50 AM

You know what I love Luna so im usiing it. I love Thea... Joss is cute

#75 *Becca1*

*Becca1*

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • 699 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 08:58 AM

Ughhh ok eveyone in my family is telling me Im nutz to name her Luna... so Idk Im keeping it as an option but Im thinking maybe making it her mn same with Selena... Why is this soooo hard?? :) ... Idk The all love Thaden John tho so we picked out his name... So what goes good with Thaden John... Im sorry for it always changing... Were just trying to find the perfect name and Idk... Sorry Im just confused about this all now... :D

#76 alyssa897

alyssa897

Legendary Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 2,798 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 10:09 AM

Don't be sorry Becca! You have a right to change your mind a million and more times. I know if I was having triplets I certainly would even though I have a huge names list.

I still love Luna. Your family may not like it now, but once Luna is born they will get used to it in no time. Trust me. I never liked the name Keaton, but my grandmother's friend's daughter had a boy named Keaton and I see him alot and I just love it. It's prefect for him! Everyone can adapt to new locations, to changes, to anything...especially a name. And I can tell that you truly love this name. More than any other name you have come up with thus far. So, don't give up so easy. You love it, fight for it. :)

I love Kieran's idea to use an Em- name for the other girl. What about Luna, Emmy, and Thaden? That is also cute. Emmy Selena is pretty too if you want to keep that. :D

I really hope this helps you. B)

*crosses fingers*

#77 *Becca1*

*Becca1*

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • 699 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 10:18 AM

Im going to keep it as an option and keep looking. Ryan liked it but now hes iffy cause of loony luna. That is a cute set. If i dont use it as a fn it will be a mn. I love Emmy but Ryan doesnt... Idk why he dont but he doesnt... this is o stressfull... I just feel bad and like I may be getting on peoples nerves cause Im changing so much :)

#78 alyssa897

alyssa897

Legendary Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 2,798 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 10:26 AM

You're not getting on anyone's nerves!

If I met someone named Luna, I wouldn't even think of loony Luna. Too bad Ryan doesn't like Emmy. I think it fits so well. :)

#79 *Becca1*

*Becca1*

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • 699 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 10:38 AM

I know...

#80 Cadence & Nathan

Cadence & Nathan

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 10:45 AM

Don't feel crazy. Did you ever see that list that Cadence posted about some crazy names?! Now that would be crazy!

Trust me, your names are very nice...the names that are on the post I posted are really weird/crazy! I like the names your are using/thinking about using. Thaden is definitely my favorite! :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users