• Please log in to reply
127 replies to this topic

#81 HxppySxng

HxppySxng

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,040 posts
  • Interests:Planners, piercings, Witchcraft, Netflix, & baking.

Posted 06 July 2015 - 02:27 PM

Some sibsets I've been throwing around for a novel.

I know you said 5 per gender, but since I have no boys' names, I figure this is fine.

Gemma Pixie & Terra Minx

Dominique Marilyn & Jacqueline Monroe

Thisbe Aaliyah & Auden Giselle

Java Niquole & Chai November

#82 Jenna_Lee

Jenna_Lee

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 09:39 AM

Esau Langston

Jonah Rock

Esau Langston - Esau is an interesting uncommon biblical (I believe?) name but I feel awkward pronouncing it. Langston is a nice nod to the poet Hughes but I feel like the flow in this combo is a bit off.

Jonah Rock - Jonah is SUPER handsome. Rock is okay, although I prefer less "blunt" nature names for boys--Ash, Sage, Flint, Gale. Although Rock isn't too much of a stretch, I guess. It has a nice flow although it kind of ends abruptly. 

#83 Jenna_Lee

Jenna_Lee

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 09:50 AM

Some sibsets I've been throwing around for a novel.

I know you said 5 per gender, but since I have no boys' names, I figure this is fine.

Gemma Pixie & Terra Minx

Dominique Marilyn & Jacqueline Monroe

Thisbe Aaliyah & Auden Giselle

Java Niquole & Chai November

Gemma Pixie & Terra Minx - Terra is pretty but I really dislike Gemma. Not a fan of the middles either but they do make a nice sibset, not too matchy.

Dominique Marilyn & Jacqueline Monroe - Jacqueline Monroe is super cute, and I like Marilyn as a middle (though I'm not sure how I feel about the connection between the two). Dominique isn't for me, and I don't really think Jacqueline and Dominique go together stylistically.

Thisbe Aaliyah & Auden Giselle - Not a fan of either of these, sorry. Auden Giselle sounds very nice though, saying it. I can kind of see these two as siblings, but they don't go together as well as Terra and Gemma.

Java Niquole & Chai November - I don't like Java and Chai at all. Java might be okay on its own but paired with Chai the theme here is way too obvious and not for me at all. I prefer Nicole to Niquole, and November is an interesting middle but paired with an uncommon first it's a little too much.

#84 Addison

Addison

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,122 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 04:40 PM

Esau Langston - Esau is an interesting uncommon biblical (I believe?) name but I feel awkward pronouncing it. Langston is a nice nod to the poet Hughes but I feel like the flow in this combo is a bit off.

Jonah Rock - Jonah is SUPER handsome. Rock is okay, although I prefer less "blunt" nature names for boys--Ash, Sage, Flint, Gale. Although Rock isn't too much of a stretch, I guess. It has a nice flow although it kind of ends abruptly. 

Thank you!! <3

I do figure that Esau is probably going to be hard to say for people the first couple of times. but ee-SAW flows off the tongue nicely when you get it down imo. So it'll probably be on the bottom section of my list that won't ever actually get used..but I still love it, lol :) and yes, it's Biblical. Now comes the search for the perfect middle...wdyt of Esau Woodrow? or maybe Esau Jackson to give some normalcy? And I love the sound of Esau Penn, but the double four letters get to me. Esau Woodrow Penn or Esau Jackson Penn?

In my mind, I associate Rock with Rock Hudson, so I don't think of it too much as a nature name lol. And also, my birth surname was Stone so it kinda has meaning there. :)

Thanks for your perspective!!

#85 Jenna_Lee

Jenna_Lee

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 08:24 AM

Thank you!! <3

I do figure that Esau is probably going to be hard to say for people the first couple of times. but ee-SAW flows off the tongue nicely when you get it down imo. So it'll probably be on the bottom section of my list that won't ever actually get used..but I still love it, lol :) and yes, it's Biblical. Now comes the search for the perfect middle...wdyt of Esau Woodrow? or maybe Esau Jackson to give some normalcy? And I love the sound of Esau Penn, but the double four letters get to me. Esau Woodrow Penn or Esau Jackson Penn?

In my mind, I associate Rock with Rock Hudson, so I don't think of it too much as a nature name lol. And also, my birth surname was Stone so it kinda has meaning there. :)

Thanks for your perspective!!

Esau Jackson Penn is super handsome! Esau Woodrow Penn is nice too but I like the sound of it better with Jackson. Also, Jackson brings a more "modern/popular" name to the table, not that that's a huge concern here--Penn has a sort of trendy feel too although it's not popular. I like it a lot.

And in that case, I think Rock is really nice in the middle name spot because it have positive meanings for you. I'm a sucker for any kind of honoring name, even if it's something dreadful (which, Rock is not too bad). Stone is really interesting, I've never heard it on anyone before.

• Addison likes this

#86 CateNZ

CateNZ

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my daughter Emily.

Posted 10 July 2015 - 07:53 PM

Kaitlyn Alexandra Pearl
Kaitlyn Alexandra Odette
Kaitlyn Alexandra Leigh

Pearl means precious
Odette means wealthy
Leigh means healer

#87 pinkmonkey23

pinkmonkey23

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 860 posts
  • Interests:Names ⌇ My children ⌇ Supernatural ⌇ I-Zombie ⌇ Lucifer ⌇ Arrowverse ⌇ Jane the virgin ⌇ The Originals ⌇ The Vampire Diaries [Before it ended]

Posted 11 July 2015 - 07:32 AM

Okay here's some names i came across the other day...

Tykota-Ray [unsure if this was M/F]

Wrennyn [B]

Madden-Fox [M]

Navolynne[G]

Xuxa [pn- Shusha]

Winry-Rose[F]

Lowyn-Grace[F]

Lola-Vie [F]

#88 Jenna_Lee

Jenna_Lee

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 10:01 AM

Kaitlyn Alexandra Pearl
Kaitlyn Alexandra Odette
Kaitlyn Alexandra Leigh

Pearl means precious
Odette means wealthy
Leigh means healer

Kaitlyn Alexandra Pearl - Lovely! It has a great flow and Pearl is a pretty but underused name. 
Kaitlyn Alexandra Odette - Though Odette is my favorite out of the three as a single (though I'm not sure how I feel about the meaning 'wealthy'), I don't think it flows as well with Kaitlyn Alexandra as Pearl and Leigh do. I think the D's in Alexandra and Odette clash a little.
Kaitlyn Alexandra Leigh - This one is pretty too, and it has a nice flow, but Kaitlyn Alexandra Pearl would be my first choice. (I didn't know that Leigh meant 'healer,' and I really like that, by the way.)

#89 Jenna_Lee

Jenna_Lee

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 10:11 AM

Okay here's some names i came across the other day...

Tykota-Ray [unsure if this was M/F]

Wrennyn [B]

Madden-Fox [M]

Navolynne[G]

Xuxa [pn- Shusha]

Winry-Rose[F]

Lowyn-Grace[F]

Lola-Vie [F]

Tykota-Ray - I don't like Tykota at all, it feels made up and also reminds me of Dakota, which I don't like either. Ray is okay, but I'm not a fan of most hyphenated first names.

Wrennyn - Just Wren would be handsome, but I don't like Wrennyn. As with most of these names, it feels made up.

Madden-Fox - This would be a nice first/middle combo, but I don't like it as a double first. Aside from that, Madden is handsome and Fox is an interesting animal name that I wouldn't use myself but wouldn't mind if someone else used it (as a middle, at least). It's actually my counsins' last name.

Navolynne - Not a fan, another made-up sounding one (I have a very classic taste in names, so these sort of names are not my style at all). It could be worse, though--it's better than Tykota-Ray.

Xuxa [pn- Shusha] - Looking at it I want to pronounce it like Zuza. This one's interesting, so I looked it up and apparently it's a Latin name meaning Lily (it's also sometimes used as a nickname for Susana, and similar names, I guess). I actually kind of like it, but pronunciation would be a huge issue and I wouldn't use it myself.

Winry-Rose - Winry is interesting but again, has a made-up feel to it (like a mix between Winter and Henry) and Rose is nice enough but again, not a fan of the hyphenated double first name here.

Lowyn-Grace - This one sounds pretty saying it, and with the classic Grace in there I don't think it's too bad compared to the others.

Lola-Vie - Just Lola is cute, but as aforementioned I don't like the double first, and Vie feels like it was just added on to add something extra, not because it really 'belongs' there.

#90 RaeMarieSmiles

RaeMarieSmiles

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts
  • Interests:Names
    Reading
    Writing

Posted 21 July 2015 - 09:38 PM

Beatrice Paige
Stella Rae

Theodore Levi
Finnegan Zachary

#91 Laugh-Dream-Love

Laugh-Dream-Love

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,799 posts
  • Interests:Watching movies and snuggling with my boyfriend; Writing; Reading; Listening to music; Drawing; Singing

Posted 23 July 2015 - 02:11 PM

Cody Isabella

#92 Barbie

Barbie

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts
  • Interests:Writing, reading, sign language, riding horses, volunteering, working with children, and teaching martial arts!

Posted 23 July 2015 - 02:13 PM

New sib set idea:

Asher Theodore Finn
Tobias Lincoln Wilder
Piper Joy Kathleen
Harper Rosalie Mae
Talon Vincent Mac

#93 Jenna_Lee

Jenna_Lee

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 12:30 PM

Beatrice Paige
Stella Rae

Theodore Levi
Finnegan Zachary

Beatrice Paige - Really pretty! Paige isn't a favorite of mine, but it's okay, and I adore Beatrice.

Stella Rae - Another cute one. Stella is lovely. I'm not a huge fan of Rae but it's nice.

Theodore Levi - Super handsome! Love both names, and they go well together. 
Finnegan Zachary - This one is great too! Probably my favorite of your combos here. I love Finnegan, especially with the nickname Finn. Zachary is really handsome too, and they have a good flow. 

#94 Jenna_Lee

Jenna_Lee

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 12:32 PM

Cody Isabella

Cody Isabella - I'm not a fan of Cody on either gender, but Isabella is lovely in the middle spot. It's a nice change Isabella is so popular as a first name.

#95 Jenna_Lee

Jenna_Lee

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 12:40 PM

New sib set idea:

Asher Theodore Finn
Tobias Lincoln Wilder
Piper Joy Kathleen
Harper Rosalie Mae
Talon Vincent Mac

Asher Theodore Finn - Super handsome combo! Theodore and Finn are two favorites of mine, and Asher is nice. They have a great flow.
Tobias Lincoln Wilder - Another handsome one. It's a little bit more of a mouthful than Asher Theodore Finn but it's not bad at all. The long I sounds in Tobias and Wilder clash a little, but since there's another name in between them it's not a big deal.
Piper Joy Kathleen - Really cute! I love the mix of trendy and classic names in here.
Harper Rosalie Mae - I love all three names! This combo is really pretty. I do think that the R's clash at the end of Harper and beginning of Rosalie, but again, I really like this combo too much to advise you to change it.
Talon Vincent Mac - I'm not really a fan of Talon or Mac but overall this combo is nice and goes well with the others. I love Vincent.

The whole sibset: All of these names go together really well! They all have a similar trendy style. The only thing is, in my opinion, Harper and Piper are a little too similar for sibling names, since they both end in -per. I also think Mae and Mac are a little too close also, but since they're in the middle spot it's as big of a deal. 

• Barbie likes this

#96 Aquarius101

Aquarius101

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,193 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 09:58 AM

Giovanna Delia
Natalia Jade
Catalina Abril/Ariel
Grecia Veronica (how would you pronounce first name?)

Gabriel Angel
Israel David/ Thomas
Ezra Gabriel
Anthony Elias

#97 Patoriisu

Patoriisu

Novice Baby Namer

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 15 August 2015 - 04:55 AM

Girl:
Hope-Elizabeth Dulcy
Coty Morningstar
Anuket Egypt Jonesy

Boy:
Ptolemy Makepeace
Reborn Pegasus Alexander
Valentine St. Michael

#98 Patoriisu

Patoriisu

Novice Baby Namer

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 09:39 AM

Alpha-Eve Starlight
Coty Egypt
Hope-Elizabeth Dulcy

Ptolemy Makepeace

#99 HaydensMama18

HaydensMama18

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 3,253 posts
  • Interests:My son, baby naming, singing, dancing, helping others

Obsessed with WWE & TNA

Favorite viners & youtubers: The Gabbie Show, Liza Koshy & Joe Santagato & Shane

My favorite actors are Grace Phipps & Garrett Clayton

Current favorite songs: Anything by Little Mix, Ariana Grande-Boyfriend Material & Anything by Bruno Mars

Posted 17 August 2015 - 07:12 PM

Gaвrιelle *GᗩᗷI* Vιcтorιa Paιge
Rowan Leyla Grace/Leyla Rowan Grace(/Grace Rowan)

Dereĸ *ᖇIᑕKY* Allen/Allan

#100 PinkTumbleweed85

PinkTumbleweed85

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Interests:Baby Names (of course!), Writing, Art, Reading, Traveling, Playing Games, Spending Time With Family and Friends, and so much more!

Posted 18 August 2015 - 12:01 PM

This seems pretty cool! Some names have middle names or names I'm toying with:

Lorenzo Matthew/Jonathan "Enzo"
Eric Sebastian
Hector
Adam
Gabriel

Maya Flor/Luciana
Rosa Naomi
Isabella
Carmen
Valentina