• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,884 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 31 August 2011 - 04:42 PM

I was thinking about some names I may want to add/change and that whole shebang and seem to have not completed it all on my own, so I was hoping for some help by my BNG friends! ;)

I'm always so chatty and like to fully explain my thoughts and all, so main points are underlined <3 And all help is appreciated, even if you only say you like one name or something! :P Though my biggest worries are Alana, Bentley and Shiloh lol

Alana
I've been starting to like this name a lot more! After the topic about 'what letters you prefer in a name' and all I found how I tend to really like A names without noticing the trend and Alana came to mind and I really like it! I have had it after Genevieve for a while. So my idea was to maybe flip it, so Alana Genevieve? Or maybe do Alana Jade so I can honor a woman I know who's name is Jade? I am debating on adding Jade to honor the lady and haven't decided, so idk. I know I would not being using Allie as a nick name. I used to be a nick name fanatic but some names, I suppose I just really like the full name enough to stick to it :D Though I might use Lan on occasion [lahn]. Oh, another middle name I thought of was Alana June. So what do you think? Alana Genevieve, Alana Jade, or Alana June? Other middle names are always appreciated! Especially if you have a middle name in mind! Who knows if I just haven't come across the name?

Indie
I came across the name India on an actress and I read a book with a boy named Indigo and Indie just came to mind as an adorable nick name! I don't think I could actually imagine myself truly using this name on a child. A GP for now ;) Though I kinda like the combo Indie Seraphina, what do you think? <3

Edie
I always seem to be at war with myself: Edie vs Evie. But at the moment, Edie is the winner! Especially with me planning to use Genevieve [which would have been nick name Evie] as a middle name. So, I'm at loss for middle names, idea's?

Shiloh
So, I've been increasingly fond of Shiloh for a long time now! At first, I was unsure so it was a middle name [Emma Shiloh]. Then, I decided that I wasn't daring enough to use it [GP, Shiloh Guinevere]. Now, I know I am okay with the idea of using it! I thought of other spellings [Shyloh, Shilo, etc] but I do love Shiloh, so thats that. I just don't think I have the guts for Guinevere. Other middle name idea's for Shiloh? Nothing seems to fit as well as Guinevere does, but I don't think I would use Guinevere so yeah. Shy needs her own middle name :) [And I adore the nick name, Shy! Sounds so soft and feminine without being attached to ShyAnne or something, though Cheyenne beautiful but I prefer Shiloh lol].

Jonah
I'm on the fence about Jonah, on how much I like it or not. So I'd love your thoughts on the name?

Avery
I can't decide if I prefer it on a girl or boy! :o I like Avery Caleb, Avery Noah, etc but not love. But I also like Avery June and Avery Taylor but not love. Huh! WDYT, girl or boy?

Bentley
I used to really dislike Bentley, but the more I hear it the more I like!! Not sure if I'd ever use it as a first name, though maybe I would.. <3 So first name/ middle name opinions would be great! <3

Thanks soooo much in advance!

#2 brittany111

brittany111

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,912 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 09:08 PM

Alana- love this and love this sp (no need for extra L’s N's or H’s!) and I love alana jade ☺ as for nicks my friend alana has always gone by lana, but I prefer allie ☺ I really love Alana jade over Alana Genevieve. Im not the biggest fan of june (too old lady for me personally)

Indie-I like I like. I sp Indy, I als like it as a nick for indianna (not many ppl like this, I just don’t know why :S) but I agree its def a GP, im not a fan of serapina I find it confusing and I have to look to get the spelling right :)

Edie- reminds me of desperate housewives. I prefer evie but I find it so overused at the moment :S I do have a soft spot for Genevieve and this its timeless and classic.

Shiloh- I don’t mind this my friend Zoe’s baby sister is Shylow Phoebe. I don’t like Guinevere personal opinion. Shiloh sunds nice with classic names ie Shiloh Catherine/ Shiloh Victoria/ Shiloh Madeline. But depends if your into that kinda thing.

Jonah- is ok, needs something excitong with it, to me, it’s a bit boring needs a middle or first name that will bring it out I like Ashton Jonah

Avery- not my thing at all. I prefer it on a girl, although it hasn’t hit aus yet I think when/if it does it will be for girls.

Bentley- once im over the douche on the bachelorette (were only just on this season now) I thnk il like it more. With the bad image of this guy aside I realy love the name. I actually love hearing it as a first ( like on the bachelorette is sounded so manly and strong)
Bentley Ross? Hmm Bentley Kyle? Bentley Max? I like it with a short name,but Bentley Alexander is also nice

Sorry im in such a rush been up since 4am :S hope this helps even if only a little

#3 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 7,884 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 31 August 2011 - 10:39 PM

No worries it helped plenty! ;)

For Alana, I completely agree! Allana, or Alanna, or Alanah, etc all have the unnecessary extra's which bother me :L Alana plain and simple :) Alana Jade I definitely like a bunch, especially seeing as it honors the special person and all! Alana Genevieve I kinda just figured it'd work since Genevieve Alana was there for so long and I still like it but not as much as Alana. And as for June, I usually like it as a nick name for Juniper. But Alana Juniper is much too long. I think June could do for a comeback, into a quirky and cute little girl! <3 I used to think it was wicked old lady like and "June Cleaver" came to mind and all, but I don't know.. I've been loving it! <3

I kinda like the spelling Indy, but it seems much more nick name-ish like that. I thought of Indianna, or Indie Anna, but then I decided against it. Not sure why, but I just like just Indie. I thought of India like the girl I heard it from and I just can't picture that as a name at all, and I thought of Indigo which is kinda nice [though more masculine] and I feel like I wouldn't like it for as long! :L Hehe, I used to really hate Seraphina but I don't know, my friend said she saw a girl in a movie with this name and the description of the girl was really attractive and made me like the name more!

I've never watched desperate house wives :x Mmm, I still do like Genevieve a lot.. but Alana more :P So Edie is back in my list... not sure of how perminent, but back! <3

Zoe is a really cute name... <3 As is Phoebe! I did have Shiloh Madeleine on my list a while back but I don't particularly like it as much anymore, seeing as I don't like Madeleine or Madison or any of those mad names [lol now I'm making them sound crazy! :lol: ]. Shiloh Katherine I thought of, but Kate is my number 2 fav girl name and all... Shiloh Victoria is okay, it's my top thought for the moment ;) I have a tendency to adore old fashioned, timeless names. I'm all for classics! Though, I was told my style was "traditional with a modern twist", so that may help maybe? <3

Jonah is a tad boring, I suppose. Not sure if I'd use it as a first name yet, I do like Ashton Jonah!

I am still so confused on boy or girl lol! I used to think all boy, but now I associate it with this adorable little girl I saw with the name Avery and makes me think of the nick name Avie or Ava or something... idk! <3

Hehe, I never watched bachelorette either :L I always think of the little baby boy in Teen Mom :P He is the handsomest little baby! Dad said this name made him think the posh rich high up sort of name and stuff :x Bentley Kyle is cute, though one of my bff's names is Kyle <3 could honor him... I kinda think a short middle name would fit better. I prefer Alexander elsewhere anyways <3 And I know I think it was Ash that said she liked Noah Bentley [Ash as in Cadie's mommy :) lots of Ash's here!]. And I like that, but idk.

No worries, I understand :o Go to bed!!! But it definitely helped! :D seeing a reassuring comment or any sort of comment help a bunch, really <3 Thanks very much!! <3

#4 Anny

Anny

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 04:24 AM

Alana
Just gorgeous, from the first to the last letter! I only like one more other spelling: Alannah, but I would pronounce it a bit different. It works with a lot of mn, it doesn't really matter if it is short, long or something in between. Alana Jade or Alana Genevieve sound and look amazing and timeless! To me, Genevieve has more mn- potential, since it is a long name ... And Alana Genevieve is so beautiful and elegant.

Indie
Not my style. But it looks more like a nn. It reminds me to much of Indiana Jones, maybe that's why I don't like it, although I like the character.

Edie
Not my style either. I see an old lady infront of me, but not a little girl.

Shiloh
It reminds me too much of Brangelina's daughter. It looks a bit too boyish, which it was, meaning 'he who is to be sent' in Hebrew.

Jonah
A bit boring. I do not see a grown and succesfull man with that name.

Avery
When I heard and read Avery for the first time, I thought it to be all girl (since I am German, a lot of names do not make sense or look or sound different).

Bentley
You wrote: "I always think of the little baby boy in Teen Mom. He is the handsomest little baby! Dad said this name made him think the posh rich high up sort of name." It made me think: The dad said that he thought it to look and sound high society ... But I don't think it does, it looks like a 'very-expensive-car name'. They were just trying to much to be more high society. The upper class chooses different names for their kids that are more elegant and I don't think they would name their children after a prestigious object, unless they are big fans of that brand. ... Besides, it is not always the name that make babies handsome ... But I do not see a handsome man with that name, sorry, but I do not like the name. ... But I looked up the origin anyway but I still connect this name with the car brand. And it is getting extremely trendy that it won't be a great name, lets say in 10 or 20 years, it will be so much overused!

#5 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 7,884 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 10:56 AM

Thank you!! I must agree, it is a full out beautiful name! :o How do you pronounce Alannah, if you pronounce it a bit differently? ;) I am kinda liking Genevieve the most, I just am starting to like the honoring thing.. though I think I should stick to my normal standard when it comes to honoring: chose names you love and if they happen to honor then thats a plus! But thanks!! Amazing, timeless, beautiful, and elegent.. wow! I'm so happy now! :P

I never really watched Indiana Jones... though I know I played the super nintendo game of it lol. But it is more nick namey, which is why its 100% a guilty pleasure <3

Hmm, I'm kinda the opposite, and see Edie on a little girl more lol

I suppose when brought up I do think of the little celebrity daughter... moreso it makes me think of a girl named Shilo in a movie I watched, or Shiloh the puppy [neither association bothers me]. But boyish? Funny, I thought it sounded really feminine lol! Neat how opinions differ :D I didn't know the meaning, actually. Though I know in church I've heard the land of Shiloh brought up or something.. <3

Huh, I'm starting to like Jonah less and less lol

My mom thought Avery was all girl when she heard it herself. I first heard it as a boys name on here, so I automatically think of it as 'boyish'. But I don't know.. :o Maybe a good middle name will help settle it.. I'll go hit the namebooks ;)

[just to make sure its clear lol, it way my paternal figure who said that hehe! I'm not expecting for another seven years ;) ]. But eh, he's my dad. He just kinda thinks whatever, and sometimes very silly things of my name lists >.> But yeah, I know :-) the upper class does tend to have more elegant names! <3 It is a car name brand, which doesn't bother me at all because I don't associate it with a car and wouldn't even have known it was after a car unless someone brought it up :) I'm not knowledgeable when it comes to cars! I didn't know using a name like this sounded like trying to be high society :oO Well, I know a name isn't what makes a baby, the baby makes the name I suppose. Cause the baby themselves would shape the name with their own looks and personality :P But not to sound egotistical, but I think I'll find my baby to be really handsome/beautiful no matter what <3 I suppose people see good looking people in the names they like, and unattractive looking people in the names they find unattractive.. <3 So all the names on your list you would picture on a good looking baby, but someone else may think just the opposite lol. Thats the nice thing about seperate opinions I suppose! Its getting trendy? D: I hadn't noticed yet! Eek! I dislike it when names become trendy.. :/ Hmmm....
Huh, just looked it up! Ranked 101 this year! </3 Not horrible, but yeah... but wow! It spiked from 942 in 2008 to 515 in 2009 then 101 in 2010! I'll have to see where it is in popularity when I start having kiddo's :-)

Thanks very much for the opinions, Anny!! <3

#6 Katie-Nana

Katie-Nana

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Super Moderators
  • 6,652 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 01:32 PM

My mom had a friend named Alana when I was a kid (I think she spelled it Alaina). She was a pretty cool and fun person a free spirit, very pretty and blonde. So when I hear the name I always think of someone like her.

If I had a little girl right now her name would 100% be Edie :) I was going through the same debate with Edie vs Evie vs Ellie vs Emmy !!! UHHHH!!! ;) But Edie definitely won out for me. Elle/Ella names are way to common for me to use the nn Ellie...Emmy I still like but not as much as the others and between Evie & Edie...Edie just sounds more sophisticated and distinct. Plus to me Evie is just a nn for Genevieve, Evelyn or Evangeline :D...where as Edie seems more substantial for a first name. Probably because the only first names I could think of for Edie I didn't really like...Eden, Edith, etc.

Indie/Indy I loooveee. Boy or Girls. The Indiana Jones movies were some of my favorites growing up. I'm also starting to like Endy as well. Indy/Indie can sort of be associated it Indy Car racing or "Indie" people...where as Endy brakes away from the sterotypes...plus I LOVE E names ;)

Shiloh just doesnt seem like a name for a person. My mom really liked the old civil war movie..Journey to Shiloh so I think of it as the name of a place or the name of a dog (my mom named a female lab mix Shiloh after the movie).

I really like Jonah, I like Jonas too but really wish the Jonas Brothers hadn't come along :\

Love Avery for a boy :P. If my sister wasn't planning on using it I would definitely use it in the middle name spot.

Not a fan of Bentley. Makes me think of the car. I could see it being cute on a little boy but not on a grown man.

#7 Anny

Anny

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 02:31 PM

Alana
mmh, how would I pronounce it. The 2nd 'a' is long, while the 2nd 'a' in Alannah is short. To me it depends on the number of 'n's. In German, one consonent means a long vowel before it, and double consonents mean a short vowel before. I hope, it made sense. And because of that, I tend to like spellings that do not have 'ambiguous' pronouncation. The thing is that I will have to make sure that Germans and Americans are able to pronounce the names I will give my children. So Alaina is the more obvious spelling.

Bentley
Well, despite of the car connection, I still don't really like the name, too trendy.

#8 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 7,884 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 05:51 PM

Aww, sounds pretty, Katie! :) Did she pronounce it ah-layne-uh, or ah-lahn-ah? Cause I pronounce Alana by ah-lahn-ah and Alaina ah-lay-na <3
And Anny, I think i might get it.. like, Ah-lah-nay? A long A is ayyyy right lol?! Thats what I grew up thinking lolol.

Hehe, I still am back and forth on Edie and Evie <3 but right now... Edie! <3 I still like Emma/Emmy lol, and I agree, Ellie is too plain for me at the moment <3

Indie does have the association.. Endy is okay, and I do like E names <3 But at the moment, I like Indie ;) I don't know what Indy car thinger is at all lol!

I suppose its a bit of a place name, but I still love it <33

Heh, I dislike the Jonas brothers as well.... I kinda like Jonah more<3 I think it;d be a middle name though!

I do love Avery for a boy... but a girl too! Never had this big an issue with a names genders lol!

Mmm, hmm... Bentley on a grown man.. it kinda is more of a childish name, huh? But I still have this mental picture of a 21 year old guy or something... not as much Grandpa Bentley though, idk...
I suppose it is kinda trendy... I still like it though lol

Thanks so much, Katie and Anny [again lol]

#9 Anny

Anny

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 03:28 PM

I think I figured out how to pronounce Alana compared to Alannah:
Alana - Ah-lah-nah
Alannah - Ah-lan-nah
Well, it could be different in English though.

#10 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 7,884 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 10:44 AM

Lol, uh, I might get it.. like, I can see what your saying, and I understand it! But when I say it out loud I really can't hear a difference :x Unless I overdue it and stress the extra N sound which sounds awkward lol! Idk, I always figured that Alana and Alannah and everything were all pronounced the same! :)

#11 Anny

Anny

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 12:11 PM

well, it could be pronounced the same in English, but it is usually not the case in German. It could all be a language thing. :-)

#12 AutumnLeigh

AutumnLeigh

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 12:48 PM

Alana - I like Alana very much, it's very pretty. I'm not a big fan of the MN's you've chosen, but Alana Genevieve and Alana Jade flow nicely.
*Alana Madison, Alana Elizabeth, Alana Bethenny, Alana, Grace, Alana Diane, Alana Jane*

Indie - Eh, it's cute. Not really my style, but it sounds cute and I like it paired with Seraphina.

Edie - I have an aunt nn Edie, her real name is Edith, Frances Edith. I don't really like the name too much, though.
*I too am at a loss for MN's.* :)

Shiloh - I love Shiloh! It's so pretty. And I absolutely love Shy as a nn!
*Shiloh Elaina, Shiloh Emerson, Shiloh Cathrine*
And speaking of Shiloh, that's the name of the church I used to go to, and I read a book here recently about a church and the main characters name was Bethlehem nn Beth. I thought that was neat.

Jonah - I LOVE THE NAME JONAH!! VERY HANDSOME!!

Avery - It's a great unisex name. And I like Avery Taylor, but for a girl I would spell it Averie.
*Avery Michael, Noah Avery, Avery Lane, Avery Allyson, Avery Sophia.*

Bentley - I never really cared too much for Bentley either until I started watching Teen Mom with Macy. The more I watched the more I liked it!
*Bentley Shane, Christopher Bentley, Bentley Isaiah, Matthew Bentley, Bentley Andrew, Bentley Joseph.*

#13 Sami Marie

Sami Marie

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  • Interests:Names
    Movies
    Music
    Family

Posted 03 September 2011 - 01:01 PM

Alana
I love Alana. I like Alana Genevieve.
Other Suggestions:
Alana Destiny
Alana Paige
Alana Margaret
Alana Mary

Indie
I'm not a fan of Indie.

Edie
I prefer Edie as a nickname for Edith. I can suggest middle names for Edith:
Edith Abigail
Edith Danielle
Edith Stephanie
Edith Victoria

Shiloh
I'm not a fan of Shiloh. If anything I see it as more of middle name

Jonah
Its on my list. Not sure I'd actually use it but its there. LOL. Middle name ideas for it are:
Jonah Andrew
Jonah Daniel
Jonah David
Jonah Gilbert
Jonah Thomas

Avery
I'm in the same boat as you on the gender for Avery. From your ideas I like Avery Noah and Avery Taylor. I think i prefer it on a girl though.
Other middle name ideas:
Avery Danielle
Avery Grace
Avery Jasmine

and the only other boys middle name i like with it
Avery Patrick

Bentley
I prefer Bentley as a first name
Middle name ideas:
Bentley Jacob
Bentley Patrick
Bentley Steven

#14 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 7,884 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 01:49 PM

Lol I know nothing of German.. but I did meet a boy who was german and knew the language and it was so cool listening to him! I took Chinese, which is unrelated in all ways :') And a year of french and spanish for high school... [Chinese was a college course at a private college.. but i ended up transferring credits to also be highschool lol]. Maybe German can be the next language of choice! :P

Thanks Autumn!
I like Alana Grace, Alana Diane, and Alana Jane ;)
Yeah, I like Indie Seraphina... though I would never ever name my kiddo that in real life lol! <3
And Edie is a toughie! I'll have to hit the name books for a while.. <3
I uh, try to keep the biblical relations out of it, rough childhood experiences and all :) But Bethlehem nick name Beth is a cute name for a book like that! :D I love Shiloh Elaine, Shiloh Emerson, and Shiloh Cathrine... Elaine is my fav of the moment though, cause I have always prefered Emerson on a boy even though it sounds so nice after Shiloh! And Cathrine will be in second place cause I do adore the name Katherine but I have Kate as a number one name on my list! <3
I kinda like Averie... but I prefer original spellings :L That is the most creative I'd get with a name though, Avery to Averie lol. Idk, I'd have to think about it... Avery Michael and Avery Sophia are both beautiful!!
Ooh! I like: Christopher Bentley, Matthew Bentley, Bentley Joseph [or maybe Bentley Jonah!].
Thanks soo much!!

And Thanks Sami!!!
Alana Paige and Alana Margaret are both lovely ;)
And Edith Victoria is nice.. I just don't care for Edith as much as Edie :L Edie Victoria would probably work as well! <3
I like Jonah Daniel! Recently I've been becoming more of a fan of Daniel <3
Avery Grace is nice! <33 Hmm, Patrick :/ I've had too many bad experiences with guys named Patrick to like it D: But thanks anyways! <3
Bentley Jacob and Bentley Stephen are both handsome-- thanks! <3

Thanks for all the help and opinions and suggestions, Anny, Autumn, and Sami!! <3 They helped A LOT! <3

#15 AutumnLeigh

AutumnLeigh

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 03:35 PM

Your welcome!!

I can definitely understand biblical thing...it was just a tidbit on a name that i thought was interesting :)

&& I'm total opposite on the spelling thing. I LOVE UNIQUE SPELLINGS ;) Hehehe.

I love Bentley Jonah too! Very handsome!!

#16 Starlight

Starlight

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 01:48 AM

Alana
Honestly. I have liked the name ever since I heard it was Ashley's Step-Daughters name :) It's grown on me.
Im not a fan of Genevieve... Love Alana Jade <3 Allie is a gorgeous nn.

Indie
I like this with the full name Indigo. ;)
Indie Serephina is cute..

Edie
I prefer Evie or even Eden nn Edie.. IDK it just doesnt sound like as much of a full name.. Maybe Edie Sophia, Edie Isabella, Edie Charlotte, Edie Sienna, Edie Alana, Edie Serephina, Edie Shiloh.. 'A' ending middle names sound best. Hmm.

Shiloh
Its on my guilty pleasures list :o beautiful name.
Maybe Shiloh Eden, Shiloh Chloe, Shiloh Brooke, Shiloh Emmeline, Shiloh Briana, Shiloh Daniella, Shiloh Cassidy, Shiloh Abigail, Shiloh Holly, Shiloh Grace, Shiloh Lily, Shiloh Paige, Shiloh Cadence, Shiloh Willa, Shiloh Nicole.
I never liked the name until Brad Pitt named his Daughter Shiloh and then it grew on me :D

Jonah
Not a fan.. Reminds me of the Jonas Brothers :L

Avery
So pretty on a little GIRL :P
Avery Taylor is really pretty <3

Bentley
Omg... love this name lately ! ;) :P
Bentley would make a sweet first name hun.
Maybe... Bentley Matthew, Bentley Caleb, Bentley Ethan, Bentley Ryan, Bentley Thomas, Bentley Lucas, Benley Nicholas, Bentley Oliver, Bentley James, Bentley Cooper, Bentley Zac, Bentley Noah, Bentley Tyler.

[/quote]

#17 Strawberry

Strawberry

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 01:13 AM

I like Alana Jade and Alana June. I like the name Alaina too.

I am not a fan of the name Indie. It reminds me of Short Round yelling at Indiana Jones. Perhaps it is just me. I enjoy Imogen. Indigo is a guilty pleasure name for me. If you were to use it I do think Indie Seraphina sounds nice. However Indie does sound incomplete and/or a nickname.

Edie Mirin
Edie Seren
Edie Angela
Edie Jade
Edie Naomi
Edie Shania
Edie Aaliyah
Edie Marilyn
Edie Mara
Edie London
Edie Ava
Edie Melody
Edie Willow
Edie Michelle
Edie Nicole
Edie Marissa
Edie Raquel
Edie Mariah
Edie Ingrid
Edie Carol
Edie Hailey
Edie Story
Edie Lyric
Edie Kimberley

I love Shiloh Guinevere. I believe I suggested that middle name. Shiloh Quinn or Shiloh Gwyneth or Shiloh Gwen might work too. Shiloh Blythe sounds alright too.

Jonah is nice but I don't like the associations with it. It is a classic name so if you love it then use it. I like it better than Jonathon.

I prefer Avery on a boy, but it is very common for girls now so I would never use it for a boy. I don't believe in unisex names. Once a name becomes common for girls it is no longer usable on a boy. See Shannon, Ashley, Leslie, Stacy, Meredith and so on. Anyone who doubts this needs to talk to a 12 year old boy named Mackenzie (which means son of...) about his name.

Bentley is just to trendy for my taste. Perhaps due to Teen Mom. I recommend it as a middle name since people are using it for both genders.

#18 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 7,884 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 12:53 PM

Autumn, I do agree, it is a cool tidbit lol. :P Idk why, but Bethlehem nick name Beth has stuck in my head now! :') hehe! <3
* I suppose I'm just a tad of a nut when it comes to names :D I like them neat and orderly and all hehe, unlike my room... :oO I've had six major cleanups in the month of august, another one to come to start this month off right hehe... Oh dear :L
* And thank you! I think Bentley Jonah might be added to the list officially! <3

Hehe, I did start thinking of Alana since then, Ash :P But I never truly considered using it until someone suggested it lol! Mmm, maybe Alana Jade. Idk yet! Hehe<3 I don't know if I'd want to use Allie, seeing as its already taken by someone close lol. But I can't think of much for nick names... Lan or something I suppose. lol!
* Indigo is cute.. Indigo Seraphina ;)
* Edie Charlotte, Edie Seraphina, and Edie Shiloh are all nice! <3 Eden is okay, I just don't like it as much as Edie. And Evie I used to love a lot more, but idk. Lately I prefer Edie. Though I suppose if I ever had a little girl and it was Edie vs Evie, I might end up using Evie... lol
* Haha! Thats kinda where I first heard the name myself<3 Like, I don't like it because of them or anything, but after hearing the name used I decided I really liked it... Shiloh nn "Shy" ;) I like these of your suggested middle names: Shiloh Eden, Shiloh Emmeline, Shiloh Daniella, Shiloh Grace, Shiloh Cadence, and Shiloh Willa. Thanks! <3
* Eww, Jonas Brothers lol... yeah no. The association kinda starts to ruin it for me :')
* Thanks!!! I love these of the combo's: Bentley Matthew, Bentley Caleb, Bentley Ryan [maybe Bentley Rylan..], Bentley Noah, Bentley Tyler [though I can never use Tyler cause of the Tyler Incidents... :L].

Oooh, I like Alaina as well! Thanks Strawberry! Not sure which I like better now, Alaina or Alana.. :L Both are gorgeous..... <333
* Mmm, Indie is 100% guilty pleasure. I just love how Indie Seraphina sounds lol<3 But Indie is very nick nameyy...
* I like Edie Jade and Edie Willow!! Thanks!
* I don't remember who suggested Shiloh Guinevere :) But I sure do love it! I just don't know if I could ever really use it! <3 Gwen/Gwyneth are nice, kinda like those two. I don't care for Quinn or Blythe :L Sorry <3
* I don't like Jonathan at all <3 But I am starting to dislike all the associations of Jonah... :L Hmmmm... If used it'd only be a middle name, but yeah....
* There are girls named Bentley? No offense, but that sounds so terrible! D: Eeeek!

Thanks again, Autumn! And thanks so much Ash and Strawberry! <3 Much appreciated! :o

#19 Lazuli

Lazuli

Epic Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 1,157 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 06:43 PM

Alana
I was about to say. I am a bit biased on the name Alana. :) hehehe Her name is Alana Mae. And it is pronounced Ah-lay-nuh. A girl that I used to work with had the same name but she spelt it Alanna. I LOVE Alana Jade.

Indie
I am not so keen on Indie. I think it would be a cute nickname for Indiana, Indigo, or India as you said!

Edie
Not a fan at all. Edie Josephine pops into my head.

Shiloh
I am on the fence with Shiloh. I think of two things: the dog and Angelina Jolie's baby girl. Shiloh Victoria comes to mind.

Jonah
I think of Jonah Hill. It's a good name though

Avery
I've been on the fence with it. I always thought of it as a boy's name but it is growing on me as a girl. I prefer Averie or Aivree for a girl. I know Aivree is trydnyfied but I like it. My thought was Averie Sophia or Sophia Averie.

Bentley
Bentley James would have been Cadence's name is she was a boy. However, Noah Bentley is my favorite. Or Bentley Christian or Christian Bentley.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users