Photo

New to Baby Name Genie and Feedback on Name!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Heather Rose

Heather Rose

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 01:37 AM

Hello everyone! My name is Heather and I just created my first account on this website. As of right now, I am not expecting but I am planning on it! So I'm getting a head start on choosing baby names (just because it's fun :)).
So what is your guy's opinion on the name Orion Christopher? Orion because it's a very unique name and it flows very well and Christopher because it was the name of my uncle who passed away, I feel that if I have a son I'll name him after my uncle because he had a huge impact on my life and I know it would make him so happy if he knew how important he was to me. So what are your opinions? I also like the name Owen, (Owen Christopher).

#2 Natalee

Natalee

Distinguished Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts
  • Interests:Netball, Crafty stuff, babysitting and hanging out with my friends

Posted 04 September 2011 - 06:19 AM

I love both names :) Maybe Owen a little more, but they are both perfect names with a beautiful meaning

#3 Marvelous_Things

Marvelous_Things

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,673 posts
  • Interests:Movies, music, psychology, history, literature, anime, cosplay, and names.

Posted 04 September 2011 - 08:52 AM

Welcome to BNG!!! :)

I like both names. I think Owen Christopher flows a little better than Orion Christopher, but they are both lovely names.

#4 ImaginationGirl

ImaginationGirl

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Acting, Singing and spending time with God, my family, friends and cats!

Posted 04 September 2011 - 01:01 PM

Welcome!

Those are both nice, but I like Owen a little better than Orion.
Christopher is a very nice name, and I'm sorry about your uncle. I'm sure he'd love that you're naming your son after him.

Good luck!

#5 1 Little Munchkin

1 Little Munchkin

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 01:37 PM

Welcome to BNG! ;)

I love both Orion Christopher & Owen Christopher! But, like previous posters I like Owen Christopher a little bit better. :)

#6 Starlight

Starlight

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 12:31 AM

Welcome to BNG Heather!
I dont like Orion sorry.. it reminds me of an onion. :L
Christopher is really lovely & it's sweet to name a future son after your Uncle.
Owen Christopher is my pick!! Flows really well too. :)

#7 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,884 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 06 September 2011 - 01:27 PM

Orion makes me think of a constellation :) Which isn't necessarily good or bad to me, but it does lol. I kinda like the name, kinda don't. I did name a build-a-bear I got Orion actually! Though my bff changed the spelling on his little birth certificate lol. So I do like it.... but not with Christopher. Orion itself, as a name alone, does have a sweet sounding flow to it. But it sounds a tad too long with Christopher, so when I say Orion Christopher together they sound too long. Plus the syllables seem to stress at the same spot :L Which bothers me personally, lol.

Owen, not my style. But it sounds fine with Christopher ;)

I do think Orion Christopher is a fine name, cause you should use Orion if its the name you love! [when you do have a baby hehe]. And its so sweet to name a child after a loved one <3 But when it comes to technicalities [cause I'm just a nut like that!], Owen Christopher does have the better flow.

btw, welcome to the BNG community! I am here for the same reason, really. Not expecting, but planning a name list for the future when I am expecting <3 Plus, the community is filled with such wonderful people-- met some really amazing people here :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users