5 replies to this topic

#1 Mikaela Lewis

Mikaela Lewis

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 01:37 PM

So I've been thinking of names lately and for some reason can't seem to find anything that I really really love! It's been a while since I have found a name I think is really perfect and beautiful. I've been thinking of these three names lately and think they could have great potential!

Kimberly
Lucy
Gracie/ Gracey

I really love these names, but afraid they are too common or overused! I would love some other opinions! Also, middle name suggestions that aren't too plain/common! (also nicknames for Kimberly, besides the usual Kim and Kimmy) Thanks! :D

#2 Addison

Addison

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,122 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 01:42 PM

I feel Kimberly is very dated, but it's not awful. A good nickname would be Ember

Lucy is adorable, I love it. It's not the best aging name, but it could work on a grown woman, as well as a child.

Gracie is a cute nickname for Grace, but wouldn't work well as a full name on anyone over the age of ten in my opinion. Grace is a good name, so I'd go with that one and call her Gracie until she outgrows it.

#3 Barbie

Barbie

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts
  • Interests:Writing, reading, sign language, riding horses, volunteering, working with children, and teaching martial arts!

Posted 29 August 2013 - 01:47 PM

My fn is Grace so I like that one! Gracie is adorable even though I never liked to be called that myself :)

I LOVE Addy's suggestion of Ember as a nn for Kimberly!!! It is very cute, and seems to make that name litttle more modern.

Lucy is cute too, just nms. <3

#4 Katie-Nana

Katie-Nana

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Super Moderators
  • 6,652 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 02:07 PM

I have two nieces. One named Gracie & one named Luci :D.

I've found that Gracie is rather common whereas Luci is less so. Kimberly I don't see as being used very much today.

If you are worried about popularity, I would go with Lucy.

#5 Laugh-Dream-Love

Laugh-Dream-Love

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 10,799 posts
  • Interests:Watching movies and snuggling with my boyfriend; Writing; Reading; Listening to music; Drawing; Singing

Posted 29 August 2013 - 03:17 PM

My sister is called Kimberleigh, and she gets called Kim most of the time. She's had Kimble, Bimble, Bumblebee, Bim Bim (I couldn't say Kim when she was born), Leigh would also be a good nn. I can't see it on a baby though, my sister is 15, and I think it belongs to that generation and older for the time being, at least in my mind.

I like Lucy and Grace, but both are popular. I think it depends where you live as to how popular each name is; I live in England, and there are definitely a lot of both, but I think Lucy is a little less popular than Grace right now.

Middle suggestions:
Kimberleigh Willow
Kimberleigh Skye
Kimberleigh June
Kimberleigh Heather
Kimberleigh Alice
Kimberleigh Tate
Kimberleigh Wren
Kimberleigh Robyn
Kimberleigh Chance

Lucy Alexandra
Lucy Penelope
Lucy Hermione
Lucy Georgina
Lucy Georgiana
Lucy Harriet
Lucy Noelle
Lucy Miriam
Lucy Maia
Lucy Maya
Lucy Danielle

Grace Eloise
Grace Persephone
Grace Brooklyn
Grace Verity
Grace Amity
Grace Susannah
Grace Arabella
Grace Aurora
Grace Michelle
Grace Diana
Grace Tallulah
Grace Naomi
Grace Rosalind

Hope this helps.
Hannah x

#6 neverland

neverland

Distinguished Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 06:34 AM

Since you like the long e sound at the end may I suggest:

Ember Leigh

Everly

Waverly

These all have the same sound as Kimberly/Gracie/Lucy but are much less dated. You can use more traditional middles like Rose, Claire, Kate, Catherine, etc.
I think Waverly Kate is such a clean, modern sound. Very cute. For traditional and sweet maybe Everly Rose?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users