4 replies to this topic

#1 kristin

kristin

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 10:47 PM

Hello,
My husband and I are trying to come up with a good middle name for our next child. We love the name Adriana for a first name, but can’t come up with a good middle name. We’d like it to be after my grandmother (Nina Ivana)..but Adriana Nina just sounds kind of odd to us.. and Adriana Ivana doesn’t seem right either. We’d love some help/suggestions! Thanks so much!! :)

#2 Alexis!

Alexis!

Epic Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,614 posts
  • Interests:Bones
    Mysteries
    Baking
    Photography
    Science
    Writing
    Reading

Posted 25 May 2008 - 11:24 PM

Adriana Grace
Adriana Brooke
Adriana Lynn
Adriana Holly
Adriana Catherine
Adriana Faith
Adriana Rae

or look for variants of Nina [[Ninya, Ninette, Ninon]] or of Ivana [[Iva, Ivanka]].

Hope I help any tiny bit =D

#3 Kate

Kate

Star Baby Namer

• Charter Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 08:13 AM

I was going to suggest Adriana Iva too. How about Adriana Ivy? It could honour Ivana without being too obvious, and the flow is nice, in my opinion. Since Ivana is the Slavic form of Jane/Joan, how about Adriana Jane, Adriana Joanne, Adriana Janae, Adriana Jenna, Adriana Siobhán (pronounced she-vawn, Irish form of Jane)?

#4 destiny

destiny

Distinguished Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 08:17 AM

Adriana Ivy is cute...

other suggestions..
Adriana Irena (Ivanna Nina)
or
Adriann/e Ivanna

Adriana Vania

#5 Smile

Smile

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 01:41 PM

adriana nanette i think has a nice flow.
i agree that adriana with nina and ivana dont flow very well, but the names are nice. if you would really prefer names that flow better, iw ould suggest vanna/vanessa/vanda/vena/vienne/vione/vonda or nia/ninette/ninel/nine. all which are names i found and think flow better.
another name it hink would be cute is the name nirvana. it is actually a real name and combines the ni from nin and vana from ivana, and it does have a slightly better flow.
im going to be a little bit of a hippocrit right now though. i usually prefer names that have a better flow and am always commenting on flows, but since you want to use these names for such a nice reason, though the flow may not be the absolute best, she would go by her first and middle name the whole time anyways, so im not sure how important flow is to you compared with honoring your grandmother.
just my thoughts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users