10 replies to this topic

#1 Lazuli

Lazuli

Epic Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,157 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 01:36 PM

Clarissa was born a couple of weeks ago. My husband calls her Claire for a nickname. I'm not a particularly fond of Claire and it doesn't fit her. I've been refering to her as Rissa but I am not sure I actually like the name. I wanted to call her Ari but it seems like a longshot. Any one can think of a good nickname for her? I know that she doesn't need a nickname but Clarissa hasn't sunk in for me. It doesn't seem to fit her yet. Plus, we have Cadie for Cadence.

#2 ButterflyLadybug

ButterflyLadybug

Notable Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 01:54 PM

I've heard Clary (Clair-ee) as a nickname for Clarissa. I've also heard Cece. Ari might work since Ari is in her name, but I don't think it would fit as well like it would on a name like Arabella, Ariana or Ariel. Possibly even Reese/Reece thought that's more for a name like Clarice. I've personally always found Claire or Clary to be the best nicknames. Clary for a little girl and then Claire when she was older. I think Clary and Cadie sound cute together, that's just me though. :)

#3 MellyMade

MellyMade

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts
  • Interests:Names (of course), animals, books, music, quirky things from thrift stores, soft serve/frozen yogurt.

Posted 21 July 2012 - 02:15 PM

Have you considered Carrie? Or Cassie?

A silly, family nickname could be Kissie.

#4 EmilieKay

EmilieKay

Distinguished Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts
  • Interests:playing the piano,playing the violin,reading,baking,cooking,taking care of kids,sewing,teaching piano,playing the mandolin

Posted 21 July 2012 - 02:23 PM

hmmm Clarissa....- Claire, Reese, Rissa, Riss, Aris, Carrie, Rissa-Marie. That name has a lot of nickname potential in my opinion(:

#5 Mummy-to-be

Mummy-to-be

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 07:00 PM

What about lissa or lissy?

#6 Starlight

Starlight

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 08:07 PM

Not repeating any of the above suggestions (I love the ideas of Lissy and Lissa btw) how about Cara as a nickname? :)
  • Mummy-to-be likes this

#7 Permanent Rose

Permanent Rose

Legendary Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,517 posts
  • Interests:art, reading, writing, dogs and cats

Posted 22 July 2012 - 09:44 PM

I think Rissy would be an adorable nickname, but if you're unsure about Rissa, Rissy is definitely down the same line. Would you say Ari as AIR-ee or ARE-ee? I've probably asked you this before and forgot, so I apologize. I prefer it pronounced AIR-ee, and I think it would work, even though it's not the obvious choice

#8 Dorcas

Dorcas

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 10:52 PM

I don't think you necessarily have to have a nick name! We just call my daughter Willow, Willow because we don't like any variations but we like Willow or sometimes we call her 'Gummy Bear' because that's what we used to call her in utero (the first scan I had was at 6 weeks and she looked like a side on gummy bear!) If you really want to shorten Clarissa I like the sounds of the repeated letters. CeCe, SaSa, RiRi, 'Rissa is kinds cute and I like Lissy too!

#9 Katie-Nana

Katie-Nana

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,652 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 12:33 PM

I like the idea of Clary, Carrie or Lissa/Lissy.

#10 Lazuli

Lazuli

Epic Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 1,157 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 01:15 PM

I am starting to warm up to Lissa/Lissy or Rissy. I've even considered Arissa like I had before. Even Cissy, which works on so many levels. Lol. I've been calling her Itty Bitty since I still call Cadence Baby Girl. Though, Clarissa is bigger than Cadence was.

#11 The Future Mrs B

The Future Mrs B

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 2,094 posts
  • Interests:Music, names and my friends.

Posted 25 July 2012 - 07:47 PM

I like Rissa & Lissy. Or maybe use a nickname from her middle name? My dad really stretched in his nickname for me. He calls me Izzy, which he got from my middle name Elizabeth.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users