#1 AnnieM

AnnieM

Notable Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 12:26 PM

Happy 2012, you guys!

We are very excited for the new year.. :)
To be honest I've been going a little crazy at home. It's hard for me not working, but that gives me time to do a lot of other stuff.
Luke and I have together with the doctors decided to go back and TTC, when everything has healed. It seems very soon for a lot of people, but it's a risk we're willing to take, since it took us 7 years this time around.
We might be blessed with a little baby right away, but then we'll take what comes to us and see it as a blessing, because the biggest dream for us is giving Emma siblings.

So, being a crazy home person with the thoughts all to myself, I started thinking about names for Emma's possible sister or brother. (Getting pregnant again would be fantastic, but it would probably only happen once for us, so although there's a high risk of multiples, it'll only be one pregnancy, if we're lucky)

Anyway, what goes with Emma Seraphina??
Both Luke and I are really loving the name Mia, and we think Mia & Emma sounds adorable together for two little girls.

What do you think of Mia? (We KNOW it's popular haha)
Since it is crazy to start thinking on names for the next already, our list hasn't really changed much but we would love some thoughts on the sibsets.

Emma Seraphina & Mia Juliette
Emma Seraphina & Mia Vivienne
Emma & Fiona
Emma & Molly

Emma & Henry
Emma & Mason
Emma & Romeo

I would love any inputs, suggestions or whatever you comes to mind :)

#2 LaRn_aShLeeee

LaRn_aShLeeee

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts
  • Interests:.

Posted 02 January 2012 - 01:14 PM

I love Mia Juliette!
And I also like
Emma and Molly,
Emma and Henry,
as well as Emma and Romeo as sib sets :)

And I think it's sweet that you and Luke are willing to try to give Emma siblings! If you think you are ready for it, then it's never too soon! Nick and I have been talking about TTC another sibling for Ace and Hayleigh. We've has actually been trying until recently with the given events. :) I wish you and Luke lots of baby dust :) I think every child deserves at least one sibling, that way they always have someone there. :D

and Happy New Year to you too!

#3 Anny

Anny

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 02:21 PM

Happy New Year,

Ooh, I think you're right. Children are blessings :) And I'd rather have children that are not that far apart instead of years and years in between :) I don't think you're crazy, you made that decision, and your doctor was okay with it, so go for it :)

Well, I am a name freak myself, and I do not have any children, and probably won't have for a couple of years. But so be it, I love names :D

I also prefer Mia Juliette over Mia Vivienne. Well, Mia is just to nicknamey for my taste. I have Méara, Malia/ Melia, Mattéa, and Amira on my list that Mia would be a great nn for :)

Concerning brothers: I kinda like Emma and Romeo together, well, I do like Mason, and Henry is okay IMO, but Romeo looks good with Emma :P

Other suggestions: I hope I don't suggest any of your nieces' or nephews' names :P If so, I am sorry for that.

Sophie
Sophia
Méara
Malia/ Melia
Mattéa
Amira
Livia
Cecilia
Celia
Cordelia
Delia
Pauline
Aria/ Arya
Caitlin
Brienna/ Brianna
Breanna
Briella
Alaina
Elaina
Delaney
Delaina
Lainey
Naomi
Noemi
Sylvie
Carina
Claire
Clara
Nelia
Rosalie
Esmé

Arden
Arlen
Bennett
Corbin
Delias
Dorian
Eamon
Edric
Elias
Eric/k
Finnegan
Finley
Holden
Nathan
Nathaniel
Quentin
Ruben/Reuben
Roman
Thadeus
Tobin
Theon
Tobias
Julius
Livius
Lucius
Lucian
Tristan
Oliver
Eli
Levi
Matthias
Andreas

#4 AnnieM

AnnieM

Notable Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 12:04 PM

I love Mia Juliette!
And I also like
Emma and Molly,
Emma and Henry,
as well as Emma and Romeo as sib sets :D

And I think it's sweet that you and Luke are willing to try to give Emma siblings! If you think you are ready for it, then it's never too soon! Nick and I have been talking about TTC another sibling for Ace and Hayleigh. We've has actually been trying until recently with the given events. :) I wish you and Luke lots of baby dust :P I think every child deserves at least one sibling, that way they always have someone there. :o

and Happy New Year to you too!

Thank you for the help :) I'm just loving Mia so much, and I think the flow really well together, but so do the other girl names.

Aww, I'm excited to hear that Nick & you are thinking of trying for a 3rd, that's really sweet. Just as much baby dust coming your way, even if it's not going to happen this month..
You are totally right. Both Luke and I have siblings, and I've loved having 3 sisters, and we have such a strong bond.

#5 AnnieM

AnnieM

Notable Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 12:10 PM

Happy New Year,

Ooh, I think you're right. Children are blessings :D And I'd rather have children that are not that far apart instead of years and years in between :) I don't think you're crazy, you made that decision, and your doctor was okay with it, so go for it :P

Well, I am a name freak myself, and I do not have any children, and probably won't have for a couple of years. But so be it, I love names :o

I also prefer Mia Juliette over Mia Vivienne. Well, Mia is just to nicknamey for my taste. I have Méara, Malia/ Melia, Mattéa, and Amira on my list that Mia would be a great nn for :)

Concerning brothers: I kinda like Emma and Romeo together, well, I do like Mason, and Henry is okay IMO, but Romeo looks good with Emma :D

Other suggestions: I hope I don't suggest any of your nieces' or nephews' names :P If so, I am sorry for that.

Sophie
Sophia
Méara
Malia/ Melia
Mattéa
Amira
Livia
Cecilia
Celia
Cordelia
Delia
Pauline
Aria/ Arya
Caitlin
Brienna/ Brianna
Breanna
Briella
Alaina
Elaina
Delaney
Delaina
Lainey
Naomi
Noemi
Sylvie
Carina
Claire
Clara
Nelia
Rosalie
Esmé

Arden
Arlen
Bennett
Corbin
Delias
Dorian
Eamon
Edric
Elias
Eric/k
Finnegan
Finley
Holden
Nathan
Nathaniel
Quentin
Ruben/Reuben
Roman
Thadeus
Tobin
Theon
Tobias
Julius
Livius
Lucius
Lucian
Tristan
Oliver
Eli
Levi
Matthias
Andreas

Thank you, Anny! That's sweet of you to help..
Some of the names (Both boy and girl names) you have listed were actually on our list for Emma before we decided and before we knew she was a girl :P

I'm so glad you also like Emma & Romeo. I was so sure people would think it was too weird, or something like that.. I think it's sweet, but Roman or Reuben could make great alternatives.
We both really like Lucian as you suggested, and good job only naming one of our nephews, Matthias. There's a lot of them, so you did great !
Oh, we also adore Celia. Emma & Celia would be adorable

#6 Anny

Anny

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 11:55 AM

Thank you, Anny! That's sweet of you to help..
Some of the names (Both boy and girl names) you have listed were actually on our list for Emma before we decided and before we knew she was a girl :D

I'm so glad you also like Emma & Romeo. I was so sure people would think it was too weird, or something like that.. I think it's sweet, but Roman or Reuben could make great alternatives.
We both really like Lucian as you suggested, and good job only naming one of our nephews, Matthias. There's a lot of them, so you did great !
Oh, we also adore Celia. Emma & Celia would be adorable

Puuh, only one nephew. I thought I would suggest more of their names... :P

I think Romeo wouldn't be too weird, it is a uncommon name, I suppose. But a lot of people wouldn't use it because of the association to Romeo & Juliet. But on the other hand, Juliet(te) is becoming more popular, so why not Romeo, too. And isn't there a musician/artist with that name? Idk
However, I do like Roman or Ruben/ Reuben more than Romeo. Both would definitely look and sound great with Emma.

I thought you would like Lucian/ Lucius because it is similar to your husband's name. Emma & Lucian would be an adorable sib set :)

Celia is a cute name, but compared to Emma a harsh sounding name, but it would still fit. Emma & Juliette would be cute together, too.

#7 LaRn_aShLeeee

LaRn_aShLeeee

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts
  • Interests:.

Posted 07 January 2012 - 02:18 PM

Thank you for the help :D I'm just loving Mia so much, and I think the flow really well together, but so do the other girl names.

Aww, I'm excited to hear that Nick & you are thinking of trying for a 3rd, that's really sweet. Just as much baby dust coming your way, even if it's not going to happen this month..
You are totally right. Both Luke and I have siblings, and I've loved having 3 sisters, and we have such a strong bond.

I'm the oldest of five, i have two brothers and two sisters. For the longest time it was just me and my sister Rebecca and my brother Cal. We were so close. Even now, if you put all of us in a room together, Rebecca, Cal and I will be huddled up together doing something. It irritates Mama some, but we're so use to each other and we've had each other for so long! I love having siblings. My baby sister is 15, and she's a lot like I was when I was little, so we have a pretty awesome relationship now. My baby brother and I don't have a real strong relationship though, since I was moved out and having a baby of my own when he was born. But we have a relationship and he and Aasyn are " best friends" :) I couldnt imagine not having any siblings.

#8 Untitled

Untitled

Distinguished Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 08:16 AM

One of the great things about the name Emma is that it can go well with more or less any other name. All the ones you suggested sound good with Emma - it can go with trendy names (Emma and Morgan, Emma and Kennedy); old fashioned names (Emma and Martha, Emma and Florence); traditional names (Emma and Elizabeth; Emma and Katherine); popular names (Emma and Mia, Emma and Lily) etc. etc. etc.!

This is a great thing for you, although it does make it harder for us to come up with good suggestions!

Mia is good. It is popular, but so is Emma so thats OK! Mia Juliette and Mia Vivienne are both gorgeous!

Good luck with everything!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users