#2 Antelope

Antelope

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 02:59 PM

My style is Traditional.

I love names like Allison, Ethan, Emma, Molly, Andrew, Henry, and such.

#3 mommyto1

mommyto1

Novice Baby Namer

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 01:49 AM

My style is a little Traditional a little modern/trendy

I really like the names Rose, Leigh, Danielle, Elizabeth, Joseph, Christopher
These are the more modern names that I like Cole, Tristan, Piper, Kassidy, Hunter, Rylan

#4 xsimplii_moiix

xsimplii_moiix

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 06:24 AM

I like pretty much all of these name styles.

Biblical/ Traditional: Love the names David, Naomi and Elizabeth
Modern/Trendy: Love the names Kayleigh, Shona and Jason
Princessy: Love Elouisa and I always think of Katie as a princessy name but I dont know why
Oldies: Love Eleanor and Molly
Misspelled: Love misspelled names. They always hav a slightly unique side to them. My faves are Emiliee, Elena and Robyn

I also love hypenated names. Scarlett-Marrie, Gracie-Joanne and so on.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Proud Mummy of Audrina Marie and Abigail Mary born August 1st 2008 at 2:30AM
Proud Auntie of Adam Luke, Nathan Mark, Carl Michael and Markus Nigel
Proud Godmother of Georgia Kaylin and Nadine Paige

#5 ~Liz~

~Liz~

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts
  • Interests:My top peeve is when people use offensive, sacrilegious names that are supposedly Native American but aren't, just to be cool. Please, ASK about the culture before you name your kid Dakota, Cheyenne, Nayeli, etc.

Posted 06 August 2008 - 03:52 PM

My style is:

Traditional: Elizabeth and Catherine

Greek/Latin: Octavia and Sebastian

"Pretentious": lol, yes, there is such a category as pretentious, preppy names, and I love them! Examples are Brooks (for a boy, never Brooklyn) and Courtenay (this spelling, for boys only).

#6 MellyMade

MellyMade

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts
  • Interests:Names (of course), animals, books, music, quirky things from thrift stores, soft serve/frozen yogurt.

Posted 07 August 2008 - 07:24 PM

I love names in the "Princessy" and "Oldies" categories. I like a few names in the other categories, but for the most part I stick with the fancy old fashioned names :)

#7 Jellybean

Jellybean

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts
  • Interests:-Watching movies<br />-Reading (specially poetry)<br />-Writing<br />-Playing with my daughter<br />-Travelling<br />-Learning different languages

Posted 11 August 2008 - 03:55 PM

Princessy/Biblical :) and I also go for the meaning

#8 scarlet520

scarlet520

Expert Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,790 posts
  • Interests:I LOVE reading. I'm into almost every genre and generally read a book a week, if possible. I like Iris Johansen, Karen Marie Moning, Stephen King, James Patterson, Jane Austen, Charlotte Brontë, Diana Gabaldon, Kathy Reichs, and Robert Burns (every Scot's favorite author). I really love music and even got accepted to the Mason Gross School of Performing Arts at Rutgers University (my alma mater) for vocal performance. Unfortunately performance life was not for me, so I went into English Lit and French instead. Music is still a big part of my life, and I like a multitude of musical genres from Reggae to Rock to Opera. I've seen Carmen and La bohème each twice. (And I cry every time.) My husband and I also have a special place in our hearts for The Beatles.

Posted 25 August 2008 - 08:16 PM

I go for the Traditional and "Ethnic" Names. I really love the Scottish heritage passed down to me and enjoy the language, so I'm very partial to Gaelic or Scots names (yes, there is a difference; Scots is a language all it's own. Read anything by Robert Burns sometime and you'll understand)

#9 Dominique

Dominique

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 08:22 PM

I guess for me you could say Biblical/traditional(Im going to say traditional means like family names), krey8tive and misspelled because I like the names Anastajgia, Milo, Leonardo, Natasha, Giuditta, Joseph and so on.

#10 Katie-Nana

Katie-Nana

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,652 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 01:41 PM

Probably Biblical/Traditional and Old Fashioned. At least in this part of my life...In the future? Who can say?

#11 rhaego

rhaego

Epic Baby Namer

• Charter Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,896 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 12:46 AM

I love most of these categories. I like some Biblical names, but not because they're in the Bible. My two favorite names of all time are Anna and James. I also love traditional names such as Elizabeth and Alexander. Juliet, Rosalie, Elise, and Charlotte are all princessy. I think so at least. A few moderns I like are Eden (which I suppose is Biblical, even though it wasn't used on a person), Haylie, Cael, and Zane. I like a few oldies - Georgia, Violet, Hazel, Frederick (all of which are family names). I even fall victim to unisex names once in a while! Eek! I love Avery and Chandler on boys and girls.

So really, I'd say most of us don't have one particular style, which I find interesting. I wonder what it is that draws us to all different names.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users