First name for baby girl

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Colorado Mom_*

Guest_Colorado Mom_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 February 2021 - 10:11 PM

Need thoughts narrowing down first name for our baby girl. Middle name will be Bristol, a family name. Last name is short and one syllable.
- Meredith Bristol
- Eloise Bristol
- Julia Bristol

#2 Laney

Laney

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,291 posts
  • Interests:Baby names, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, Jem cartoon, ER, CSI: Miami, Full House, Sailor Moon (original anime and live-action), Flashpoint, Felicity, ID channel, Food Network baking competitions, MasterChef/MasterChef Junior/Junior MasterChef Australia, movies (mostly 80's and 90's), writing/reading fan-fiction, baking, vegan cooking, photography, traveling, cats, books and tv shows/movies about female murderers, swimming, bowling, drawing, surfing the internet, forensics, Netflix, 80's and 90's music, picture editing, shopping, coffee (decaf mostly, but I love mocha Frappuccinos too)

Posted 09 February 2021 - 03:53 PM

I think Julia Bristol flows better.  The middle name is surname-y and masculine sounding to me and Julia is a classic, feminine name, and it has softer sounds, so that helps balance it a little. Eloise is nice enough, but Eloise Bristol doesn't roll off the tongue as easily (Julia and Eloise both have the same number of syllables, but Eloise doesn't work as well with the middle name.  I think they clash a bit) and both Meredith and Bristol are surnames, which makes the combo feel more masculine.

#3 DelphiMoon

DelphiMoon

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts
  • Interests:Hedgehogs, Hamilton, and corn flakes.

Posted 09 February 2021 - 09:09 PM

I'm going to have to agree with Laney. 

Julia Bristol is a gorgeous balance of dainty, frilly, and feminine, and surname-style charm. The syllable count is varied, and Julia is such a lovely classic. I would say that Bristol does feel pretty girly to me (equal to Harper or London in femininity), but Julia really does help maximize the gorgeous potential of a middle like Bristol. 

#4 Nings8

Nings8

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 01 March 2021 - 01:17 PM

I agree! Love Julia, but if you're open to it I think Julianna Bristol would be lovely as well, especially with your short last name!

#5 oakly

oakly

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 March 2021 - 05:06 AM

Totally, Julia Bristol is the best one here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users