• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Karin Marie

Karin Marie

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts
  • Interests:My Husband & Daughters, Being a Mom,Reading, Baby Names, Hello Kitty, Anything Cupcakes & Strawberries, SAHM, Animals, Nature, Writing Poetry, Reading Poetry, Music, Cooking/Baking, etc

Posted 30 September 2009 - 08:26 PM

Ello, It is me again! I think we finally decided on Elodie for our DD#2 we can still call her Lo or hubby will call her Elly or Lo. Plus, it still reminds me of hubby his name is Dustin n family/friends call him Dusty or "D" so the end which is "DEE".

But her middle name is still up in the air. I'm loving a family name that you say it "MAH-rye" n she spelled it like Marie but I want to see if there is another way. (Since my middle name is Marie n she will have to tell ppl its [Mah-rye]& I want her to have her own middle name hence liking Mah-rye) Any help would be great thanks!!

#2 Permanent Rose

Permanent Rose

Legendary Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,517 posts
  • Interests:art, reading, writing, dogs and cats

Posted 30 September 2009 - 08:33 PM

Elodie is very pretty! Great choice!

WDYT of:
Marae
Marye
Marai
Mahrae

Hmmm...I'm not really finding any ways that I like it spelt. I guess I like Marai best from that list.

What do you think of using Mariah instead? Then it sort of has Marie in there and it sounds like Mah-rye.

I think Elodie Mariah is very pretty!

#3 Guest_Zayda_*

Guest_Zayda_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 September 2009 - 08:34 PM

Marye could be a spelling. Or Mahree.

#4 mom of quads+1...

mom of quads+1...

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 08:36 PM

I love the name, but can't think of that many other ways to spell it here's a few ideas:
Marye
Merye
Mirye
Good luck!! When is she due?

#5 JENN2688

JENN2688

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 3,508 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 08:44 PM

I have a cousin named Mariah .. pronounced (ma -RYE).

#6 Karin Marie

Karin Marie

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts
  • Interests:My Husband & Daughters, Being a Mom,Reading, Baby Names, Hello Kitty, Anything Cupcakes & Strawberries, SAHM, Animals, Nature, Writing Poetry, Reading Poetry, Music, Cooking/Baking, etc

Posted 30 September 2009 - 08:44 PM

Elodie is very pretty! Great choice!

WDYT of:
Marae
Marye
Marai
Mahrae

Hmmm...I'm not really finding any ways that I like it spelt. I guess I like Marai best from that list.

What do you think of using Mariah instead? Then it sort of has Marie in there and it sounds like Mah-rye.

I think Elodie Mariah is very pretty!

ooh thanks! Ya, Marai does look best. But i should of checked with hubby first...he liked it a couple weeks ago but doesnt now lol oh well. she is Elodie _____ Smith hehe

#7 Karin Marie

Karin Marie

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 08:45 PM

Marye could be a spelling. Or Mahree.

thanks. hubby doesnt like it...lol

#8 Karin Marie

Karin Marie

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 08:46 PM

I love the name, but can't think of that many other ways to spell it here's a few ideas:
Marye
Merye
Mirye
Good luck!! When is she due?

oh thanks! She's due October 12th...my siggy thing i wrong. BUt I hope she's late we arent ready for her yet! lol But she will come when she's ready!

#9 Karin Marie

Karin Marie

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 08:48 PM

I have a cousin named Mariah .. pronounced (ma -RYE).

Oh really? I never thought of that..pretty! awaw..the bebe in your siggy is adorable! :)

#10 mom of quads+1...

mom of quads+1...

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 08:54 PM

oh thanks! She's due October 12th...my siggy thing i wrong. BUt I hope she's late we arent ready for her yet! lol But she will come when she's ready!

You're welcome, Im due October 10, and we are ecstatic because this is our first girl! Good luck getting ready for your little princess!!! :)

#11 JENN2688

JENN2688

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 3,508 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 09:05 PM

Oh really? I never thought of that..pretty! awaw..the bebe in your siggy is adorable! :)

Yeap, I think is is quite pretty!

Thanx so much!
That is my little niece Riley Paige!
She has me wrapped around her little fingers!
She is my little cuddle bug!

#12 D3sire

D3sire

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 3,995 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 02:41 AM

I LOVE Elodie!! It is gorgeous and underused! As for MAH-rye I really don't have any suggestions... I want to drop the A and the H from Mariah and add and E but that of course is Marie... I think Marye would work for the sound you are going for but it is visually unappealing to me and I bet she would constantly get the Marie pronunciation. If I saw this spelling myself I would probably assume it was a trendy spelling of Marie. I prefer Elodie times a trillion and one anyways.

Good luck deciding!!

#13 Karin Marie

Karin Marie

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 08:10 AM

You're welcome, Im due October 10, and we are ecstatic because this is our first girl! Good luck getting ready for your little princess!!! :)

awawaw...2 days before me! Congrads on having your first baby girl! This is our 2nd girl! Which is exciting because I didn't get t grow up with my sister, just 3 brother's. So, I'm happy that my daughter gets a sister..unless they were wrong @ 19 weeks n comes out a boy then Little Elodie will be Lincoln :) But it's prolly a girl, they said girl for our first daughter @ 19 weeks too. WDYT of Elodie Autumn Smith her big sister is Amerie Lynette Smith (AM-mah-ree) (LIN- net). Did you decide on a name?

#14 Karin Marie

Karin Marie

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 08:13 AM

I LOVE Elodie!! It is gorgeous and underused! As for MAH-rye I really don't have any suggestions... I want to drop the A and the H from Mariah and add and E but that of course is Marie... I think Marye would work for the sound you are going for but it is visually unappealing to me and I bet she would constantly get the Marie pronunciation. If I saw this spelling myself I would probably assume it was a trendy spelling of Marie. I prefer Elodie times a trillion and one anyways.

Good luck deciding!!

Thank you!! I love it too! How would you say it? I know it looks like EL-oh-dee but we say it more like EL-la-dee like Melody but no M and I know the french way is ay-lo-dee but we like EL more cuz hubby wants to call her Elly or Lo w.e WDYT of Elodie Autumn & big sister Amerie Lynette? (AM-mah-ree) Any middle name suggestions?

#15 Karin Marie

Karin Marie

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 08:15 AM

Yeap, I think is is quite pretty!

Thanx so much!
That is my little niece Riley Paige!
She has me wrapped around her little fingers!
She is my little cuddle bug!

Awawa..gotta love when babies have that little hold over you! It's deff amazing! WDYT of Elodie Autumn & Amerie Lynette? Any middle name suggestions?

#16 Permanent Rose

Permanent Rose

Legendary Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 4,517 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 02:41 PM

Elodie Autumn is very pretty! Its not exactly the same style as Amerie's name, but I do think they work together (:

#17 Karin Marie

Karin Marie

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 08:13 PM

Elodie Autumn is very pretty! Its not exactly the same style as Amerie's name, but I do think they work together (:

Thats good they work together! What middle name would you suggest that would be like the same style?

#18 Permanent Rose

Permanent Rose

Legendary Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 4,517 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 08:17 PM

Elodie Harper
Elodie Scarlett
Elodie Charlotte
Elodie Naomi
Elodie Annette
Elodie Sophia

#19 Karin Marie

Karin Marie

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 08:27 PM

Elodie Harper
Elodie Scarlett
Elodie Charlotte
Elodie Naomi
Elodie Annette
Elodie Sophia

Thanks. I will have to run them by hubby! Wow, everyone due in October is having there babies already! Not me :) but its good her name is set in stone.

WDYT of Elodie Wren? Amerie's middle name means bird after the Linnet Bird.

#20 Permanent Rose

Permanent Rose

Legendary Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 4,517 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 08:32 PM

I really like Elodie Wren! And I think it really fits with Amerie Lynette (:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users