• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,886 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:36 AM

I have been debating getting my name changed for a long time... and I now have enough funds to do so!

I need BNG's help with names though ;)

I am quite sure on the first name I want, Emma. I love Remy, but it feels like to much of a nick name. Plus it is a boys name... so I can keep the nick name Remy among my close friends, and go by Emma in the work place and all. Plus, I have adored the name Emma since I was young.

Popularity of names doesn't bother me at all. I don't care if I share the same name as many... though, I actually don't know very many Emma's that are my age, oddly enough. Idk..

Anyways, I'd like opinions on middle names for Emma! I have already thought out:

Emma Sophia
Emma Isabel
Emma Lynette
Emma Olivia
Emma Hadley

I was thinking of using Lynette, since it's my middle name in real life that my daddy chose out for me. So I could maybe honor the names they chose in future reference. But, I don't care for how Emma Lynette sounds, to be honest. It flows awkward! I also thought of Emmalyn, so I could keep part of Lynette in the name, but I'm not sure if it'd make much of a difference, my parents could care less. I was told they wanted nothing to do with it, which is how they are about a lot of things in my life... so I'm thinking maybe to not even bother trying to honor them? <3 idk. Anyways, Emma Isabel is currently my favorite. I guess I dislike how it sounds so... used by the younger crowd. I adore both names, so it doesn't matter much. But it still does... <3 All the other names.. I like but don't love.

Anyways, what do you girls think? Middle names for Emma? :)

#2 Katie-Nana

Katie-Nana

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Super Moderators
  • 6,652 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:00 AM

I'm not sure about Emma. I guess if you really like and respond to the name then go for it. But I think you deserve a name that stands out from the crowd! Like you said, you could always keep Remy as a nickname.

I actually don't mind the flow of Emma Lynette.

I think Isabel & Olivia are hard to say with Emma...too many vowels.

Emma Sophia has the best flow overall, but I kind of like the idea of using something more meaningful like Hadley or Lynette so those two get my vote.

#3 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 7,886 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:04 AM

Hmm, what kind of names do you think might suit me that would stand out from the crowd more? ;) I always assumed I'd just use Emma seeing as I'm called Remy and I love it and all... but I suppose going with other options is a good idea too! Cause yeah, I will be called Remy no matter what I use hehe :)

#4 Peacebewithyou

Peacebewithyou

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:48 AM

My cousin is called Emma Louise if that helps and i think its quite nice and although it is cute on a young child, it can be more appropriate on older people such as yourself is you see what i mean ;)

i think for your middle name, you should stick to the one you already have so as to keep a part of your original name and not to offend your parents by changing your name entirely. (i am not being rude or anything i am just thinking along the lines of some parents get offended quite easily like mine !! and i am not trying to disrespect you family in anyway)

#5 Katie-Nana

Katie-Nana

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Super Moderators
  • 6,652 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:29 PM

If you want to go with an Em- first name, Emily is my favorite. But I really like just Remy...but if you think it is too nickname-y, what about...

Laremy/Laramie
Jeremie
Remona/Rimona
Prim(rose, ect.)
Camren
Emerson/Emery
Rosemary/Rosemaree
Temperence

Or if you don't mind going really exotic...(these are really just for fun)

Eremintha/Ereminthea
Clarimond/Claremond/Clarimund
Artemis/Ardemis
Demaris/Demetria

A middle name I thought of...Marilyn or Marietta (kind of a mesh of your first/middle)

You'll probably hate all these names, just thought I'd throw some ideas at you. [CATCH!]

#6 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 7,886 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 05:51 PM

Emma Louise is cute! :) And no worries, I take no offense at all! My parents are the easily offended type though. But they aren't really a part of my life in more than letting me stay here. Like, once I move out... I don't see them making any effort to communicate with me. I'll just be gone... So I almost feel like keeping my middle name for them is pointless being they don't care ;)

But ohh, Katie! I like these:
Remona
Emerson
Ereminthea
Marilyn
Marietta

I actually have an aunt Marilyn! Its so coincidental that our names are so alike! Apparently it wasn't on purpose, but its neat! :)

I don't know if I'd really use a lot of those though :/ Like, I like them a lot and think they're cool, but not sure if on me! Though, the more I say Emerson out loud the more fond I am of it. I have always much preffered it on a boy... but it could really work well for me I think! Hmm! Thanks bunches!!!

#7 PaperHeart

PaperHeart

Genie-ous Baby Namer and Moderator

• Super Moderators
  • 12,161 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:07 AM

Here's some ideas. {Sorry for the repeats!}

Em names-

Emily
Emerson
Emilia
Emmeline
Emme
Emerald
Emery
Emilienne
Emrys
Emmanuelle
Emmy
Emiliana
Embry
Emlyn
Emalia
Ember
Emelle
Gemma
Clementine

Middle's for Emma-

Emma Lizette
Emma Hayden
Emma Shiloh
Emma Therese
Emma Katherine
Emma Bridget
Emma Gillian
Emma Scarlett
Emma Rosalind
Emma Verity
Emma Juliet
Emma Celine
Emma Phoebe
Emma Isolde
Emma Fleur
Emma Noelle
Emma Cassia
Emma Faye
Emma Irene
Emma Harriet
Emma Lorraine
Emma Daphne
Emma Anneliese
Emma Helene
Emma Roxanne
Emma Laurie
Emma Julianne
Emma Briony
Emma Delphine
Emma Veronica
Emma Arianne
Emma Ilene
Emma Nicolette
Emma Quinn
Emma Patience
Emma Lorette
Emma Rhiannon
Emma Virginia
Emma Trinity
Emma Nora
Emma Jane
Emma Odette
Emma Prue
Emma Victoire
Emma Fern
Emma Charlize
Emma Adele
Emma Flora
Emma Susanne
Emma Beatrice
Emma Hazel
Emma Camille
Emma Isadore
Emma Margaret
Emma Fallon
Emma Odelia
Emma Celeste
Emma Justice
Emma Brooke
Emma Linley
Emma Josephine
Emma Christianne
Emma Cecile
Emma Piper
Emma Audrey
Emma Colette
Emma June
Emma Laurel
Emma Harlow
Emma Drew
Emma Gabrielle
Emma Hadley
Emma Niamh
Emma Vivienne
Emma Guinevere

Lynette/Marissa variations-

Larissa
Linnea
Lisa
Marilyn
Marisol
Maryn
Mariette
Mariella
May
Melissa
Marietta
Marny

Also, you could use a first name that begins with R with Emma or an Em- name as a middle name and still go by Remy.
i.e Rosalind Emma or Rebecca Esme.

{I'm so used to you being Marissa now, that this is wigging me out! -not in a bad way ofc- ♥}

OR another quirky suggestion:
You could use an M name {SUCH as Marissa} and use the nickname "M/Em" like B/Bea, D/Dee, G/Gee, J/Jay, K/Kay, L/Elle or V/Vi...

So it would be [R name] - Marissa .. for example.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users