Photo

My favs are celebrity baby names....OH NO!

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 A.Camille

A.Camille

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Interests:Fashion, literature, sports, cosmetology, + daydreaming!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 01:11 AM

I cannot believe this has happened to me. Harlow Elizabeth and Kingston Elias are my favorite names for each gender. I don't really care if anyone thinks they're trendy or soon-to-be-dated or whatever. All I'm saying is...there is just NO WAY I can have children with both names. I'll look like a celebrity stalker! Ugh, I'm officially depressed. Why me?! Hahaha. If you were me and HAD to choose which one would you prefer?

#2 Wildflowerchild

Wildflowerchild

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 05:49 AM

I'm not a fan of Elizabeth personally, but I LOVE the way it sounds with Harlow! I have Harlow Elyse on my list and I love the name! Also, I really love Kingston as well. I would personally use it as a middle name, but it flows nicely in front of Elias.

I think that if you like both, then keep them on your list! If you were to have a girl first, go with Harlow; if you were to have a boy first, then go with Kingston! (:

#3 xxThePumpkinQueenxx

xxThePumpkinQueenxx

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,712 posts
  • Interests:singing, writing, reading, psychology, science, math, forensics, children, going to church, being with my family and SEC football. War Eagle!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 12:41 PM

I adore Kingston!

I had Dallas Kingston on my list for a while

:)

#4 PaperHeart

PaperHeart

Genie-ous Baby Namer and Moderator

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,160 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 01:28 PM

I love Elizabeth and Elias, but neither Harlow nor Kingston are my style.

At the end of the day, if you really love them, it shouldn't matter that some far off celebrity named their child the same thing.

It's not like your naming your kid "Pilot Inspektor" or "God'iss Love Stone"!

;)

However, my problem of using them both together as a sibling-set is that both Elias and Elizabeth are a little close; since both begin with "Eli-".

#5 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 7,884 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 16 May 2012 - 01:59 PM

I don't think its a problem for you to use both! I mean, its not like they are far out names or anything. They're all normal names. I love Harlow, and it sounds lovely with Elizabeth. Kingston Elias is handsome as well! I personally think Elizabeth and Elias are a tad to close, both having El's. They are middle names, so you can get away with it. But thats just a personal preference for me :)

Maybe Harlow Elizabeth and Elias Kingston? So you still have both names you love, but slightly different. Or you could go Harlow Elizabeth and Kingston Everett or switch up the middle names however.

Kingston and Harlow are both fairly used now adays. But surname's used as firsts, which is in trend right now. Honestly, if you told me your childrens names were Harlow and Kingston, I'd never even think of the celebrities. I'd just think "last names first trend". [which isn't bad at all].

Hope I help! :)

#6 ashooles

ashooles

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 5,952 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 03:46 PM

I personally prefer Kingston Elias. I really don't care for Harlow at all and Elizabeth isn't really my style either.

#7 Jay.

Jay.

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 03:55 PM

I loveeee the name Kingston Elias <3 I often fall for celebrity baby names as well. I dont love Harlow... but its ok.

#8 AshBrooker

AshBrooker

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 07:18 PM

Does it help that I have no idea which celebrities named their kids these names?

#9 xxThePumpkinQueenxx

xxThePumpkinQueenxx

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,712 posts
  • Interests:singing, writing, reading, psychology, science, math, forensics, children, going to church, being with my family and SEC football. War Eagle!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 08:29 PM

Is it bad that I do? :lol:

#10 A.Camille

A.Camille

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Interests:Fashion, literature, sports, cosmetology, + daydreaming!

Posted 22 May 2012 - 01:48 AM

Elizabeth is my great-grandmother's name. It's not usually my style either but it is classic and I would love to honor her as she was a strong woman who always put her family first. Thank you for all your input! I definitely didn't even realize the Eli- connection until a poster brought it up! I guess that's what these boards are for! Appreciate it!

Speaking of the Eli- connection, I forgot that I changed the middle name from Elizabeth to Victoria. I remembering loving that so much more. I ended up pairing Elizabeth with the name Raina. So what do you think of those names: Harlow Victoria and Raina Elizabeth?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users