• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,884 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 04 January 2016 - 04:02 PM

I'd really love some suggestions on new directions to turn in search of new names to love. As of right now, I don't know if I truly love any boys names enough to use. Maybe one or two. Maybe someone can throw suggestions at me? Or at least suggest an idea of a new genre of names or such to look through to help inspire me? 

I'll post what's on my list along with what's wrong with the names, for me. (Not that the names are bad, just why they aren't love :) ).

Finn - I can see myself using this, or Finley. I don't think Mike really loves it right now though. My exception to the popularity thing.

Theodore "Teddy" - I like, but it's almost in the top 100 SSA list. While I'm letting go of caring about popularity a little, I still want to keep out of the top 100.. which Theodore is heading towards.

Dashiell "Dash" - Mike doesn't like it. I really do, just don't know if I can see myself actually using it. Dashiell Harvey is a combo on my list.

Harvey - very cute, but I dislike the prominent "are" sound, too matchy with Archer IMO. Maybe as a middle name, I guess. Mike dislikes.

Jude, Clarke, and Grant - I'd like as a middle name, just not a first. Mike does't like Jude.

Atticus "Tuck" - I like it, Mike definitely doesn't. Plus I want to avoid A names, don't want a theme.

August "Gus" - Again, don't want an A theme and Mike doesn't like. Plus the month of August has hard memories for me. I adore Gus though.

Clayton "Clay" - I really like it, Mike doesn't.

Colby - I like as a middle name, that's it though.

Conrad - I like it, just doesn't click as love :( Unlikely to actually use.

Ezra - It's growing on me lately, though I'm pretty sure Mike doesn't like it anyway.

Leonidas "Lenny" - I'm not sure how well Lenny goes with Leonidas, but I sort of like it more than Leo. I love the name, it's been off and on my list. I'm not sure if I could use it for real. Mike seemed okay with it.

Wesley "Wes" - I like, just not head over heels I guess. Maybe it could grow on me, not sure yet.

Reid - I really like it.. It lacks a nick name though, which is important to me. I'm a nickname-a-holic haha. It's handsome, I really like it. Maybe it's just the nick name aspect that keeps it from being love. Reid Emery/ Reid Emerson have been thoughts as combos.

Linus - I like, just not love. No obvious nickname I can think of and Mike dislikes it anyway. I basically don't love it enough to fend off comments about the Peanuts association haha.

Wilde / Wilder - I love it. It makes a perfect middle name that's comparable to Archer's cool middle names, Cohen Bear. I'm leaning towards Wilde, as I dislike that Wilder ends in -er like Archer does. Feels too matchy to me.

Mack - It's growing on me, but sounds so close to Max which is popular so it veers me away. And it's another that could easily derive associations that I don't love it enough to fend against (Mack trucks, Old McDonald, etc). Plus it might be too southern for me, anyway.

Thank you soooo much to anyone that can help! I'd love to fall for another boys combo!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users