• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 xxThePumpkinQueenxx

xxThePumpkinQueenxx

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,712 posts
  • Interests:singing, writing, reading, psychology, science, math, forensics, children, going to church, being with my family and SEC football. War Eagle!

Posted 12 August 2013 - 01:56 PM

I've been going through Nameberry for a little while and I have managed to find a handful of boy names that actually caught my eye. Some of these I've had on my list somewhere before, but the majority are new :)

WDYT of

Tarquin
Octavius
Tierney
Atticus
August
Dexter
Roman
Sebastian
Chester
Cyrus
Roscoe
Cooper
Jordan
Clayton
Lucian
Bruce
Russell

**I'm considering some of these for JB btw. I know that some of the more flashier names would be a middle name. Nick's name choices are

Alexander
Dallas
Hunter
Niklaus
Nicholas
Ryan

I've yet to throw these into combos, but don't worry. I'll get there :) Just excited to find new single names I like for boys!**

#2 Madi Wolf Princess <3

Madi Wolf Princess <3

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 907 posts
  • Interests:Marilyn Manson, Five Finger Death Punch, being a creepy cute princess, being a wolf puppy, Harry Potter, Ravenclaw, Supernatural, Dean Winchester, the fall season, Halloween, sparkly things, the moon, the stars... The whole galaxy, the element air, learning of different religions/cultures, especially the more unconventional ones.

Posted 12 August 2013 - 02:13 PM

I like Atticus, August, Roman, and Cooper. Those 4 are very handsome! :-) Roman Alexander was the first combo to come to mind. :-)

#3 Addison

Addison

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,122 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 02:16 PM

Tarquin - too abnormal for me haha
Octavius - too outlandish for me
Tierney - Not my style
Atticus - Not awful, but it makes my think of my attic
August - Very nice :)
Dexter - Dexter's Laboratory is my first thought, haha
Roman - Like this a lot! My cousin's name.
Sebastian - I like it, but have a bad connotation. The guy I know with this name likes us to call him Sea-bass, lol.
Chester - not my style
Cyrus - Cool, except for Miley Cyrus connotations. I stick with Silas for that reason :)
Roscoe - This is cool! Coe would be a cool nickname. So would Ross.
Cooper - Cute!
Jordan - Good name, not my style though.
Clayton - It's alright but nothing to get me excited, if you know what I mean haha
Lucian - Cool.
Bruce - hard to picture on a child
Russell - hard to picture on a child, unless it's in the middle spot

Hope I wasn't too negative!

I love Hunter, Nicholas, and Ryan off of his list.

-Hunter Sebastian
-Roscoe Alexander
-Nicholas Cooper
-August Ryan

-Alexander Lucian
-Jordan Dallas

-Nicholas Roman

-Ryan Dexter

#4 Katie-Nana

Katie-Nana

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,652 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 03:04 PM

Tarquin - This name really stands out from the crowd, I think Quin could make a cute nickname.
Octavius - See Roman.
Tierney - I know several girls with this name, I can't really see it on a boy.
Atticus - never really understood the appeal of this name. Brings to mind attics and an abacus.
August - <3 I think Auggie would make an adorable nickname.
Dexter - I really like this one. It has a nerdy yet cool boy feel about. :D
Roman - I think Roman has a lot of thing going for it, it is a very modern, strong and handsome name. But not my fave from your list.
Sebastian - <3 I really like this name, I have it in the middle name spot on my list. I think Bastian would make a cute nickname and I think it would go great with Aasyn & Hayleigh.
Chester - the molester...
Cyrus - Like this one, but prefer spelling Sirus/Syrus.
Roscoe - No. But it could make a fun nickname for Ross.
Cooper - Cute, just not sure if I could see it aging very well.
Jordan - Eh.
Clayton - Eh. For some reason this reminds me of Walker Texas Ranger, wasn't the older guy named Clayton?
Lucian - <3 I think Lucian would go wonderfully with Aasyn & Hayleigh. It is a bit similar sounding to Aasyn but not TOO similar.
Bruce - Ben seriously wanted to name a kid Bruce Wayne. I could see myself using Wayne, but not Bruce. It is a bit too butch/meat-head for my taste.
Russell - Russell Crowe ? YES! Also, this name always reminds me of Honey I shrunk the kids. The older brother was named Russell nn Russ. It has a very 80s feel to me because of that. I prefer Randal nn Rand but overall it is a nice name.

#5 xxThePumpkinQueenxx

xxThePumpkinQueenxx

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,712 posts
  • Interests:singing, writing, reading, psychology, science, math, forensics, children, going to church, being with my family and SEC football. War Eagle!

Posted 12 August 2013 - 03:37 PM

Tarquin - This name really stands out from the crowd, I think Quin could make a cute nickname.
Octavius - See Roman.
Tierney - I know several girls with this name, I can't really see it on a boy.
Atticus - never really understood the appeal of this name. Brings to mind attics and an abacus.
August - <3 I think Auggie would make an adorable nickname.
Dexter - I really like this one. It has a nerdy yet cool boy feel about. :D
Roman - I think Roman has a lot of thing going for it, it is a very modern, strong and handsome name. But not my fave from your list.
Sebastian - <3 I really like this name, I have it in the middle name spot on my list. I think Bastian would make a cute nickname and I think it would go great with Aasyn & Hayleigh.
Chester - the molester...
Cyrus - Like this one, but prefer spelling Sirus/Syrus.
Roscoe - No. But it could make a fun nickname for Ross.
Cooper - Cute, just not sure if I could see it aging very well.
Jordan - Eh.
Clayton - Eh. For some reason this reminds me of Walker Texas Ranger, wasn't the older guy named Clayton?
Lucian - <3 I think Lucian would go wonderfully with Aasyn & Hayleigh. It is a bit similar sounding to Aasyn but not TOO similar.
Bruce - Ben seriously wanted to name a kid Bruce Wayne. I could see myself using Wayne, but not Bruce. It is a bit too butch/meat-head for my taste.
Russell - Russell Crowe ? YES! Also, this name always reminds me of Honey I shrunk the kids. The older brother was named Russell nn Russ. It has a very 80s feel to me because of that. I prefer Randal nn Rand but overall it is a nice name.

Not too sure about the guy from Walker Texas Ranger. I keep thinking about Whistler from Blade for some reason lol!

I've always associated Lester to the molester thing. Chester reminds me of Linkin Park for one, and then anything British really.

I'm pretty sure 90% of this list is going to my GP list. Which is sad because it's already stocked full of cute names as is, and it leaves me nowhere near close to having an idea of what to name this kid lol.

Though, I do like Russell! I think it's the only one that I have as a first name. All the others I've used as a middle name so far.

#6 xxThePumpkinQueenxx

xxThePumpkinQueenxx

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,712 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 12:33 PM

Here's the combos I've come up with so far.

Tarquin Alexander
Tarquin Ryan
Tarquin Niklaus
Tierney Alexander
(^^these are 99% sure going on my GP list)

Gavin Remington
Gavin Octavius
Gavin Roscoe
Gavin Russell
Gavin Dexter
Gavin Bruce
Russell Alexander
Russell Nicholas
Russell Gavin
Ryan Bruce
Ryan Jordan
Ryan Ezra