• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 quirtsquip

quirtsquip

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Interests:Cheese, dancing, football, soccer, and monkeys.

Posted 17 March 2013 - 07:10 AM

Hi, guys! This isn't about names. Just a dad-to-be in need! My girlfriend is due in July, so we've still got quite some time to go, but when she's upset with me and I try to comfort her, she always tells me I have no idea how it feels. Which is true, I guess. I've never been pregnant and I never will be. But is there any way I could try and relate to her more? (Preferably without having to wear one of those fake pregnancy belly things! :P)
  • xxThePumpkinQueenxx likes this

#2 Plus1Campbell

Plus1Campbell

Novice Baby Namer

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 07:23 AM

I know what she means and I am not even pregnant yet! It is very hard for a women emotionally to go through pregnancy. Men have it easy they don't have to have their bodies change and become essentially a different body all together. I also think that it can be scary with your first child because you don't know what changes are about to happen. I would say ask about what she is feeling. Tell her you want to be as involved as possible to take some of the stress off of her. She is probably feeling stressed with all of the things that are ahead (Birth, registering, buying all the essentials, choosing names). It is a lot to put on someone so let her know you are in 100% and that whatever she needs help with you will be there right beside her. Maybe that will ease some of the tension.

Hope that helps!

#3 quirtsquip

quirtsquip

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 07:45 AM

I can understand why she'd be stressed. I'm stressed, too, and I'm not even pregnant. We're both still in college and our parents aren't fully behind us, and we're both spending most of our time working to earn money. I've read all the baby books I can, but most of them are more medical than emotional. Maybe I should talk to her one-on-one more? I need a book on how to understand my girlfriend, haha! When I ask her to try and fill me in on how she feels, she starts listing stuff and then she gets really angry with me. So, I don't know. I'm kind of at a loss.

#4 xxThePumpkinQueenxx

xxThePumpkinQueenxx

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,712 posts
  • Interests:singing, writing, reading, psychology, science, math, forensics, children, going to church, being with my family and SEC football. War Eagle!

Posted 17 March 2013 - 07:56 AM

Oh man, I want to help you so bad especially since I'm pregnant myself, but I honestly can't give you a correct answer to this.
I know how it feels to not have family back you and that can do a lot of emotional damage, especially if she's really big about her family ( like I am)
Maybe some pampering may help. When you both are at home, maybe let her relax and you do something around the house that she would normally do for her. Paint her toes, offer to shave her legs haha ( i mean, seriously, I'm not going to be able to reach them in July and i'm not walking around feeling like Chewbacca.) Small things to help her relax. Being pregnant is stressful and emotional. (and it sucks!) If she's up to it, maybe take her out to eat or to shop. Take notes if you have to. Half the time we pregnant ladies aren't real sure of what we want, we just know we want lol

#5 quirtsquip

quirtsquip

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:20 AM

:) I can totally do that. Unlike a good majority of the male population, I can cook, clean, and sew! (Thank you, Mom!) So, yes, I will definitely help out more. :) And, if she wants it, I'll even shave her legs! (Except she might not trust me to do that. I can barely shave my face without looking like Freddy Krueger got a hold of me. :P) Thanks!

#6 xxThePumpkinQueenxx

xxThePumpkinQueenxx

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,712 posts
  • Interests:singing, writing, reading, psychology, science, math, forensics, children, going to church, being with my family and SEC football. War Eagle!

Posted 17 March 2013 - 12:48 PM

You can cook, clean, AND sew? Holy cow I may be jealous!

And even if she doesn't trust you to shave her legs, the thought is priceless and means a lot :)
  • quirtsquip likes this

#7 quirtsquip

quirtsquip

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 12:56 PM

Yep! My mother wanted a girl and got two boys, and because Vincent was her first son and the more masculine brother, I played the role of her "daughter." So while Vince and my dad played sports and watched TV, my mom was trying to show me how to cook a souffle. X) Maybe that's the reason I don't know how to shave!

I've even been mistaken for being gay on multiple occasions. Which is totally fine! I have tons of gay friends. (Which probably only heightens their suspicions, haha!)

#8 xxThePumpkinQueenxx

xxThePumpkinQueenxx

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,712 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 01:07 PM

Lol! Well I wish mine could sew. Or at least clean up after himself a little more. And he can barely shave without butchering his face so, don't feel bad!

#9 quirtsquip

quirtsquip

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 01:17 PM

Being able to sew comes in handy when our cat rips up our curtains, haha!

#10 xxThePumpkinQueenxx

xxThePumpkinQueenxx

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,712 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 01:36 PM

I've always wished for the patience to sew clothing. I like cross stitching but that's about it.

#11 quirtsquip

quirtsquip

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 01:42 PM

I'm a pretty patient person, but I have a sewing machine, so I guess that makes things easier!

#12 xxThePumpkinQueenxx

xxThePumpkinQueenxx

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,712 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 01:47 PM

Much easier! I don't have room for a sewing machine, but i'd love one!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: father, dad, baby, help, ahhh, idk what to do guys omg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users