#1 Permanent Rose

Permanent Rose

Legendary Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,517 posts
  • Interests:art, reading, writing, dogs and cats

Posted 09 July 2012 - 07:35 PM

I've just started watching Game of Thrones, and it certainly has some interesting names, but the one that's really sticking out to me right now is Cersei (SARE-see). After doing some nosing around online, I've discovered it a different spelling of the name Circe, but I do prefer the spelling Cersei. I would even like to possibly play around with spellings - Sairsey, Sarsie, Cairse, etc

So what do you guys think? Too out there? What spelling looks best to you?

#2 Starlight

Starlight

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 04:14 AM

Its alright, not my style or anything. Cairse is my favorite way of spelling it. :)

#3 Katie-Nana

Katie-Nana

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,652 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 10:16 AM

The pronunciation is a bit off as well, isn't it? I've always pron. Circe (SUR see) like Circus. When I saw your topic I automatically thought of Circe and that pronunciation. I do like the Game of Throne's pron. its like a mix of Sara and Circe and it brings to mind the name Saoirse (SEER shuh).

Sarsie looks more like (SAR see) and Cairse looks like (CARE see).

I think the easiest spelling for the pron.(SARE see) would be Saersie or Sairsey.

#4 Permanent Rose

Permanent Rose

Legendary Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 4,517 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 12:23 PM

I think I find it appealing because it reminds me of Saoirse as well, which I love. I think Sairsey would be my favorite spelling, followed by Cairse, but you make a good point that the C may be pronounced hard instead of soft.

#5 Permanent Rose

Permanent Rose

Legendary Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 4,517 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 07:05 PM

I'm bumping this because I'm seriously liking this name more and more. I'd spell it Sairsey, I've decided. So honestly, what do you think? It kind of reminds me of Saida, which I love for its uniqueness, but it's not crazy out there, and I think Sairsey might fall into the same category

#6 Mika Casey

Mika Casey

Epic Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 04:12 PM

The pronunciation is a bit off as well, isn't it? I've always pron. Circe (SUR see) like Circus. When I saw your topic I automatically thought of Circe and that pronunciation. I do like the Game of Throne's pron. its like a mix of Sara and Circe and it brings to mind the name Saoirse (SEER shuh).

Sarsie looks more like (SAR see) and Cairse looks like (CARE see).

I think the easiest spelling for the pron.(SARE see) would be Saersie or Sairsey.

I agree with Katie. I thought it was Circe, like the goddess from the Odyssey. Which I think is a gorgeous name <3

#7 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,886 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 25 July 2012 - 12:49 PM

I also agree with Katie <3 Though I actually prefer the spelling Sairsie, I just think it looks a bit cleaner and less like a nick name :)

I think it sounds pleasant, but I can only imagine it being a bit difficult at times. The people that are familiar with her wont have a problem, its just meeting new people and such. Idk. I'm still adoring Saoirse though, and am seriously considering adding it higher up on my list<3

#8 Permanent Rose

Permanent Rose

Legendary Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 4,517 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 03:31 PM

I just realized that it somewhat rhymes with my real name - and now I wonder if that would make it potentially awkward to use, haha

#9 Mika Casey

Mika Casey

Epic Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 03:53 PM

Not necessarily, unless it's SUPER rhyme-y, like Jaden and Brayden. Or something like that.
If it's only somewhat, it's probably fine ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users