Photo

Quick Poll :)

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Poll: When two names you love are just too close... (13 member(s) have cast votes)

Which name do you prefer?

1. Archer Cole (4 votes [30.77%])

Percentage of vote: 30.77%

2. Aria Violet (9 votes [69.23%])

Percentage of vote: 69.23%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,884 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:24 AM

I was posting in the "what would you name your baby if you had it right this second" post thing and posted either Aria Violet or Archer Cole, as those two are my absolute favorites. LOVE them. However, as I was posting nick names Ari or Archie I realized they are WAY to close for siblings :unsure: I'm a little heartbroken, I really adore both Archer and Aria and was kinda hoping one day I could use both, but they are definitely too close.

The way I was thinking about it, I do have a little more vast of a selection for boys names, so there are other boys names I love and could fall back to and not regret it.. while Aria is one of the few names I really like on a girl. But I still genuinely love Archer, and I could really see myself using it as well! I guess technically I want two boys in my future, and that'd probably be it. Maybe a third. But nature does as it wants, so its not like I can plan these things. And what happens if I have two boys (and use Archer as I'd like to) and then suddenly have a girl? I'd have other options, but none of them as sweet as Aria <3

Apparently I just love that Ar- sound, cause its even in Scarlett, another favorite. I am less heartbroken about not using both Archer // Aria and Scarlett, cause as much as I love it, I'm not head over heels in the same way.

What do you girls think? Sorry if I'm posting to many topics lately!! :(

#2 ShannonElizabeth

ShannonElizabeth

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 830 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:30 AM

I prefer Aria over Archer, but you never know. Maybe you'll have all boys or all girls and never have to worry about eliminating either one. ;)

And I do love Archer Cole as a combo, I just LOVE Aria Violet. :D

#3 Katie-Nana

Katie-Nana

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Super Moderators
  • 6,652 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:01 PM

I didn't vote because I feel my vote is a bit biased. Aria just too frilly for my taste, so personally I think Archer is more usable. But its really up to you and what YOU prefer. I completely understand your dilemma, most of the names I like have very similar sounds. The EE sound and ELL sound are everywhere on my list!!!

#4 kelsie__

kelsie__

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:28 PM

Aria Violet! :)

#5 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 7,884 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 03 October 2012 - 02:49 PM

Thanks ladies!!

Hehehe, maybe I will! That'd make it easier :l I'm scared that I'll either have two boys then have a girl and not have Aria to use, or the opposite and I'll have a girl then not have Archer to use :(

Aria is pretty frilly, lately I've been into the frills. Though at the moment I don't mind frills or not, as long as I like how it sounds when I say it and how it looks on paper :) and no bad associations of course hehe. I know, it stinks!!! I love a lot of elle names as well!!! I have a thing of A's, C's, and E's. Aria, Archer, Alana, Alice, Charlotte, Charles, Calder, Chase, Elisabeth, Eloise, Emma, etc ;) Good thing I'm not going to have all that many kids anyway, so I don't have to worry of too many of them clashing B) though, I'm already thinking siblings way ahead, just to be sure I can get my absolute favorites in! :lol:

Again, thanks Shay, Katie, and Kelsie! :)

#6 brittany111

brittany111

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,912 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:18 AM

i voted for Aria :) i actually went to school with a Boy named Aria :P
I like Archer, but im not fond of Archie, it's too old for me, but i like the full version Archer :) i also love Cole, which you have paired with it :)

#7 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 7,884 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:39 AM

Huh, cant say I've ever heard Aria for a boy! :P different!

Archie does have an old man feel to it, but I do tend to like old man names ;) well, not old like Archibald lol, only like Archie I guess. I love how modern Archer feels though <3

Thanks Brittany! :)

#8 Lazuli

Lazuli

Epic Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 1,157 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:43 PM

I personally like Aria Violet better. <3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users