Roll the dice for each year to decide what life events happen each year. You can do as many years as you'd like!
Use this virtual dice. Each area will tell you which dice to use.
You choose the main characters gender. This year is the year they get married.
https://www.ssa.gov/oact/babynames/ (chose "1980" as the birth year and "Top 100" for popularity to name each of the adults in this relationship).
Roll the 8 sided dice to determine what kind of relationship this is.
1. Straight relationship
2. Gay relationship
3. Straight relationship
4. Polyamorous relationship (you choose how many romantic partners, roll for their gender. Even girl odd boy).
5. Bisexual relationship (you choose what genders are together)
6. Straight relationship
7. Gay relationship
8. Straight relationship
Roll the 8 sided dice to determine how they meet.
1. Grew up together
2. Met at school
3. Met at a job
4. Met at a gathering for a shared interest/ hobby
5. Met via a blind date
6. Introduced through a mutual friend
7. Met online
8. Met at a bar or restaurant
Year 2 +
Roll a 6 sided dice to determine which type of life event happens each year.
1. Relationship changes
2. Job/ school related
3. Baby related
5. Health related
Roll a 4 sided dice.
1. You get renew your vows
2. You split up temporarily
3. You meet someone new that you have strong feelings for. Do you leave your partner for them? Do you consider polyamory? Or does it pass?
4. You split up permanently
- JOB/ SCHOOL
Roll a 10 sided dice.
1. You or SO begin a new job.
2. You or SO begin studying at a university (or change programs, if already in school).
3. You or SO get a raise/ promotion.
4. You or SO lose your job.
5. You or SO get a raise/ promotion.
6. You or SO decide to quit your job (why do you do so? Do you have something else lined up or planned?).
7. You or SO get a job offer for a dream job - except it'll mean a decline in pay. Do you take it?
8. You or SO's job decides to transfer you to a new department - which will mean you have to move. Where do you go?
9. You or SO decide to open a business! What kind of business is it?
10. You or SO graduate from a program at a university.
Roll a 20 sided dice.
1. Congrats! You welcome a baby girl!
2. Congrats! You welcome twins! Roll for the sex of each, even girl and odd boy.
3. Condolences, you experience a miscarriage.
4. Congrats! You welcome a baby boy!
5. Congrats! You adopt a baby girl!
6. Condolences, you don't conceive despite trying.
7. Congrats! You adopt a set of siblings. How old are they?
8. Congrats! You welcome a baby boy!
9. Congrats! You welcome twins! Roll for the sex of each, even girl and odd boy.
Girls Names: https://appellationm...pot-girl-names/
Boys Names: https://appellationm...lcolm-and-lane/
10. Congrats! You welcome a baby girl!
11. Congrats! You adopt twins. Roll for the sex of each, even girl and odd boy.
12. Condolences, you don't conceive despite trying.
13. Congrats! You welcome triplets! Roll for the sex of each, even girl and odd boy.
14. Congrats! You adopt a baby boy!
15. Congrats! You welcome triplets! Roll for the sex of each, even girl and odd boy.
(chose English, French, Spanish, History, Literature, and Hippy. You can choose to avoid rare and diminutives. Chose the gender of the baby 5 options).
16. Congrats! You welcome a baby boy!
17. Congrats! You welcome a baby girl!
18. Condolences, you experience a miscarriage.
19. Congrats! You welcome twins! Roll for the sex of each, even girl and odd boy.
20. Congrats! You welcome a baby boy!
Roll a 8 sided dice.
1. You take an out of country vacation! Where do you go?
2. Family vacation! What family orientated location do you choose?
3. You take an in country vacation. Where do you go?
4. You take a beach trip! What area's beaches do you go to?
5. You or SO must go on a business trip. Does the whole family go? Where is the trip?
6. You and the family take a cruise! Where do you go?
7. You temporarily move out of country for work. Where do you move and for how long?
8. Extended family vacation! You and/or SO's family all gather for a vacation together. Which family members come? Where will the vacation be?
Roll a 6 sided dice.
1. You or SO get diagnosed with a chronic illness.
2. A loved one gets diagnosed with a terminal illness.
3. You or your SO discover you/they are neurodivergent (Autistic, ADHD, etc)
4. You or SO learn a parent is in poor health and devote a lot of your time to caring for them. Do they move in? Do either of you have to move to be closer?
5. You or SO experience a health crisis. Does you/SO turn out okay? How do you cope?
6. Your child gets diagnosed with a neurodivergency. (Autistic, ADHD, etc). Which one is it? If kids are too young, it's an adult.
Roll a 12 sided dice.
1. You or SO get a new vehicle! What kind of vehicle?
2. You or your SO discover a hobby you find to be very passionate about. What is it?
3. You and your SO('s) adopt a pet! What kind and what do you name it?
4. You and your SO('s) buy a home! What kind of house is it? Where?
5. You or SO inherit a house from a deceased relative. Where is it? What kind of home? Do you decide to move in or sell?
6. You win a large sum of money. What do you do with it?
7. You or SO write and publish a book! What kind of book is it?
8. You and SO decide to become foster parents. What ages do you take in? Do you plan on sheltering children long term or short term? If already foster parents, you take in new children this roll.
9. You or SO achieve a life long dream! What is it?
10. You decide to remodel or add a room in your home! Which room? What do you change about it?
11. You or SO experience a "mid life assessment" and decide to change the path of your/their life. What do they decide they need to change? How does it effect the family?
12. Your or SO's sibling tragically pass, leaving behind children that you take in. Roll a 6 sided dice to determine how many children. Roll again to determine the sex, with odd being boy and even girl.
11. A loved one moves in with you. Why? For how long?
12. You, SO, or a child learn how to do something hard, through hard work and perseverance. What do you learn how to do?