• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#21 DelphiMoon

DelphiMoon

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts
  • Interests:Hedgehogs, Hamilton, and corn flakes.

Posted 10 February 2021 - 01:49 PM

OOOH OOH OH OH Clarke Thomasine is GORGEOUS. I think personally Clarke feels too boy, but Clarke Thomasine is a whole different thing. Gosh, that's so beautiful. 

#22 Nings8

Nings8

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • 559 posts

Posted 16 February 2021 - 02:53 PM

Aww thank you! Kind of a random one, but how do you feel about Rivulet (riv-yoo-let) as a middle name for a girl? I feel like it's different, but could be used as a possible pairing with Reverie?

Such as

Tess Rivulet

Helena Reverie

#23 DelphiMoon

DelphiMoon

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • 568 posts

Posted 16 February 2021 - 03:32 PM

It's interesting. I don't really see the appeal in Reverie, so I couldn't really tell you if it matches the spark/appeal. It's visually really pretty. The sound I'm a bit iffy on, but that's just stylistic. 

#24 Nings8

Nings8

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • 559 posts

Posted 24 February 2021 - 10:02 PM

Aww thank you! Any names you're not too sure on?

#25 apiston229

apiston229

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 25 February 2021 - 04:41 PM

Thisbe

Auden

Calix Seth

I really love the name Thisbe, but I don't think I could use it. It first sparked my interest when I was reading the book "Along For The Ride" by Sarah Desson. I fell in love with the name Auden that way as well. 

Calix Seth is something that has lately sparked my interest as a name pairing. I feel like the the ending of Calix clashes with the beginning of Seth, so I don't think I would use it on a real child and may just keep it for a book.

#26 Laney

Laney

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,283 posts
  • Interests:Baby names, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, Jem cartoon, ER, CSI: Miami, Full House, Sailor Moon (original anime and live-action), Flashpoint, Felicity, ID channel, Food Network baking competitions, MasterChef/MasterChef Junior/Junior MasterChef Australia, movies (mostly 80's and 90's), writing/reading fan-fiction, baking, vegan cooking, photography, traveling, cats, books and tv shows/movies about female murderers, swimming, bowling, drawing, surfing the internet, forensics, Netflix, 80's and 90's music, picture editing, shopping, coffee (decaf mostly, but I love mocha Frappuccinos too)

Posted 25 February 2021 - 07:29 PM

Lilia Genevieve - Genevieve very subtly honors my mom Janet and a late family friend, even though the two names are totally different (but they have similar beginning sounds).  I'm considering using my mom's name straight, but not sure if it works for a little girl.  Also considering adding a 2nd middle name.

Freya Rose - Rose honors a family friend, whose last name was Rosemann.

Vera Beatrice

Irena Judith

Fiona Ivy

Maeve Alexandra

Susanna Audrey

Rosalie Maeve

Theodora "Thea"

Matilda - I like older names and love the Roald Dahl book and the movie. 

Daphne

Lyra Natalie - Not 100% on this combo.

Aislinn Jane (ASH-lyn.  I'm not a fan of Aisling or Ashlyn and Aislinn is another more traditional form of the name)

Dahlia

Lorelei Bridget

Magnolia "Maggie"/"Lia"

Cecily

Rowena

Gabrielle

Tessa

Dmitri James

Lachlan Elliot

Callum Raymond

Ronan Jesse - Jesse honors a late great-great-uncle.

Rhys Alfred - Alfred honors my late great-uncle and several other late relatives.

Abram Vincent

Louis Avery (I pronounce it with the s.  Loo-ee sounds nickname-y to me) - I've always loved Avery for a boy, but worry that he'd be mistaken for a girl, despite it being originally a surname/boys name.

Sidney - After author Sidney Sheldon.

Robin - After Robin Williams.  I love it for boys, but find it dated for girls.

Stanley - I just like older names, and I wouldn't mind meeting a little Stanley.  It's a refreshing change from Brayden and other trendy names.

Reid Alexander

Rory Sullivan - not 100% sure on this yet, but I like the sound.

Francis - Like Stanley, I like that it's an older name.

Clarence

Sullivan Wesley

Walter Dominic

Oscar

Conrad

Have no clue on middle names for some of these, but I prefer something classic/vintage or honors my Irish, Latvian, Scottish, or Scandinavian heritage, and I hate BNOGs and "unisex" names for girls.  Not a fan of obviously trendy names either, or anything "kre8tive".  Last name will be Fleming.

#27 DelphiMoon

DelphiMoon

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • 568 posts

Posted 25 February 2021 - 09:31 PM

Lilia Genevieve -  I have awful connotation with the name Lilia, so I'm afraid I can't see the beauty in this one. Genevieve is gorgeous though! 

Vera Beatrice- Eh. Vera and Beatrice are beautiful individually, but the glamorous Vera and old homespun Beatrice sort of clash for me. Maybe Vera Eloise or Vera Gwendolyn? 

Irena Judith- Irena is actually quite beautiful! Judith might add a bit too much retro for a name like Irena which is already on the older side, but they sound wonderful together. 

Fiona Ivy- Stunning perfection of a combo. If you don't want obviously trendy, I would steer clear of Ivy, but Fiona pairs nicely with Ivy!

Maeve Alexandra- Not really my favorite. The flow is on the choppy side, and the name just feels a tad bit uptight. Mae Alexandra or Maeve Elowen might lighten up the name a bit, but Maeve Alexandra seems sort of stuffy to me. 

Susanna Audrey- Susanna is carefree yet also buttoned-up, and Audrey is flashy and glamorous. The feeling lines up perfectly. 

Rosalie Maeve- Now here's a Maeve combo that works! Rosalie adds the perfect dash of playfulness to Maeve and activates the playful side of Maeve herself. Stunning. 

Theodora "Thea"- Gorgeous name, but slips into that very obviously trendy category. Thea and Theodore are going nuts, so Theodora may come across as trendy. 

Matilda - I like the book too! I was in the production actually! See Theodora though in terms of trendiness. Matilda is kind of getting a reputation for being "hipster" too, if that bothers you. Otherwise, I would highly recommend the nickname Tillie! 

Daphne- My hedgehog's name, so I'm obviously biased. It's sweet, sassy, and can be grown up too. LOVE! 

Lyra Natalie - I agree that this combo isn't your strongest. Lyra is super pretty and currently rare (although that might change), but Natalie just sort of diminishes the beauty and makes it feel a tad dated. 

Aislinn Jane- I love the traditional spelling, but I feel like Ash-lynn pronunciation will come off as made up or trendy, and I think Aislinn needs a more distinct middle name than Jane to really stand out and not blend in with Braelynn, Ashley etc.

Dahlia- OOOH OH OH Oh! I had a fat name crush on Dahlia when I was about 10, and although it's definitely worn off, I still see the appeal. She doesn't fit too well with the rest of your vintage-sweet names, but she's exotic and feminine and beautiful. 

Lorelei Bridget- Lorelei (this spelling in particular) is very pretty. All of the Hawaiian-style names are getting super trendy, and plenty of parents are making Hawaiian sounding creations up for style, so I would say that Lorelei doesn't quite check the box of not trendy. Bridget is very studious and proper to me, which kind of breaks up the peaceful Hawaiian beach for me, but the sound is quite appealing. 

Magnolia "Maggie"/"Lia"- If you don't want trendy, I would avoid Magnolia. Magnolia is going to be a big hit, I presume, although she is a very lovely nature name. 

Cecily- UGH. SO. PRETTY. Not super trendy, and cute nicknames. Cecily definitely has a little sparkle, and I would love to see a sibset of Lilia and Cecily. 

Rowena- I have Rowenna in my own signature, so naturally I adore this name. The components of Rowan but with a sweet feminine twist. I would love to see someone use this. 

Gabrielle- Eh. Highschool musical is what springs to mind. I find Gabi a little annoying, and it sounds like gabby, like someone who just can't be quiet. The -rielle bit is pretty and sweet, but the Gab bit just isn't my thing. 

Tessa- More bad associations. I swear, I don't go around making tons of enemies, but the names of the very few people I dislike without their knowledge happen to be on this list  :D . Tessa feels slightly bratty to me, like the main little brat girl in some movie about a rich guy and his daughter who gets everything. I much prefer Tess because it feels more playful and sweet compared to the frillier Tessa. 

• Laney likes this

#28 Nings8

Nings8

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • 559 posts

Posted 26 February 2021 - 11:41 AM

Thisbe - I love Thisbe! I think of Pyramus and Thisbe, the Greek myth that's been compared to Romeo and Juliet. I think it's fresh and would be so cute on a little girl!

Auden - I also really like Auden, but sometimes when I hear it I think "audit". I really love Arden and Arwen, which are similar!

Calix Seth - I agree that the x in Calix clashes with Seth. Would you consider Seth Calix? I think that would be handsome!

#29 Nings8

Nings8

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • 559 posts

Posted 26 February 2021 - 12:01 PM

Lilia Genevieve - I absolutely love this name! It combines modern with classic, and just sounds so gorgeous. Definitely my favorite!

Freya Rose - I love Freya! Rose is a little common for me, but if it's an honor name I'd say go for it! Freya Rosalie would also be lovely ;)

Vera Beatrice - This sounds a little dated to me. I like Vera, but have never been the biggest fan of Beatrice. Maybe Vera Beatrix for a modern twist?

Irena Judith - I actually really like Irena! It's quite uncommon and is kind of a "heavy" name for a little girl, but I think it's charming! I also am a big fan of Judith :)

Fiona Ivy - I've never loved Fiona, and the uh- sound at the end kind of runs together with the I- noise in Ivy

Maeve Alexandra - I like both of these names a lot, but I'd flip them - Alexandra Maeve

Susanna Audrey - Susanna is cute and underused, but Audrey is not my favorite. The a- sounds run together as well

Rosalie Maeve - Love love love! Second favorite :)

Theodora "Thea" - Pretty! I love Dorothea nn Thea a little more, but Theodora is really cute and retro too!

Matilda - Not my favorite, but I love the literary connection!

Daphne - Again, has never been my favrorite. It's very "Scooby-Doo" for me

Lyra Natalie - I love love love Lyra! I'd use Lyra Genevieve from your combos, but Lyra Maeve would be lovely too! I'm not sure Natalie would fit too well with Lyra

Aislinn Jane - Lovely! I normally don't like Jane as a middle name, but it's just so cute next to Aislinn!

Dahlia - This name is okay, but it's always seemed a little pretentious to me. Do you like Delilah?

Lorelei Bridget - I love Lorelei, but it doesn't sound right with the harsh noises of Bridget. Maybe Lorelei Matilda?

Magnolia "Maggie"/"Lia" - Hmmm. I'm torn on this one. On one hand, it seems like it'll be trendy and outdated in a few years, but on the other hand it seems so cute and sunny for a little girl. I prefer the nickname Maggie

Cecily - One of my favorite names!

Rowena - Also lovely. Makes me thing of Ravenclaw from Harry Potter, which is not a bad connection ;)

Gabrielle - A little outdated and overused for me. I'd use Gabriella to spice things up

Tessa - Seems like a "mean girl" name to me. I love the simplistic Tess, but could never get behind Tessa

Dmitri James - If it has cultural significance to you, use Dmitri. If not, I'd say it's best to avoid it

Lachlan Elliot - So dang cute! I'd spell it Elliott though, Elliot looks incomplete

Callum Raymond - I love Callum, not the biggest fan of Raymond, but if it's an honor name go for it! Callum Ray would be cute too :)

Ronan Jesse - I don't love the name Jesse, but I know it's an honor name and this combo just flows so well!

Rhys Alfred - I love the modern Rhys against the traditional Alfred! Very cute!

Abram Vincent - I like Abram, but for some reason I just feel like it doesn't work with Vincent

Louis Avery - So handsome! I love Avery on a boy, and Louis just has that vintage-but-not-dated feel!

Sidney - I love Sidney on a boy! Plus it comes with the nickname Sid, which is a huge plus :)

Robin - As a huge Robin Williams fan myself, I'm sad to say that I feel this name is too feminine for boys. If you like unisex bird names, may I suggest Ren/Wren?

Stanley - I agree with you on the older names part, but Stanley just does not sound lovely to me. How about Ernest or Eugene?

Reid Alexander - I like both of these names, but this combo as a whole just feels very plain to me. If you like Sidney, how about Sidney Alexander?

Rory Sullivan - Rory seems a little feminine for me, but I like Sullivan a lot. How about switch it up and go with Reid Sullivan? Sullivan is the modern twist Reid needs to not feel so blah

Francis - I actually really like Francis for a boy! I think it would be so handsome

Clarence - A guilty pleasure of mine, but I wouldn't use it as a first name. Sidney Clarence would be breathtaking!

Sullivan Wesley - I like it a lot! I feel like it may age better if it were Wesley Sullivan, but both names are solid choices :)

Walter Dominic - I much prefer Dominic Walter. Dom is just such a cool nickname for a boy, and Walter feels a bit too dated for me

Oscar - Not sure why, but I get anteater imagery when I hear it. Sorry :/

Conrad - A little too close to "comrade" for my liking. Maybe you'd like Corbin?

#30 DelphiMoon

DelphiMoon

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • 568 posts

Posted 26 February 2021 - 02:11 PM

How do you feel about Saskia Monet? 

#31 CateNZ

CateNZ

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my daughter Emily.

Posted 27 February 2021 - 01:56 PM

Last Name: Perry
Family names: Jacqueline, Elizabeth, Maree (prn Marie), Leigh, John

For Alyssa, Kaitlyn and Anders which middle name/s do you think is best? Any 2nd middle name suggestions for Alyssa?

Emily Jacqueline Rose
Sophie Elizabeth Maree
Alyssa Alexandra
Alyssa Anastasia
Alyssa Charlotte
Alyssa Cordelia
Alyssa Evangeline
Alyssa Felicity
Alyssa Gabrielle
Alyssa Geneieve
Alyssa Hermione
Alyssa Isabelle
Alyssa Juliette
Alyssa Odette
Alyssa Sabrina
Alyssa Vanessa
Kaitlyn Alexandra Leigh
Kaitlyn Anastasia Leigh
Kaitlyn Charlotte Leigh
Kaitlyn Loretta Leigh
Kaitlyn Olivia Leigh
Kaitlyn Sabrina Leigh
Kaitlyn Vanessa Leigh
Kaitlyn Xena Leigh
Kaitlyn Ashleigh Arwen
Kaitlyn Ashleigh Faith
Kaitlyn Ashleigh Odette
Kaitlyn Ashleigh Olivia
Kaitlyn Ashleigh Xena

Anders Benjamin John
Anders Samuel John
Anders Sebastian John
Anders William John
Declan
Ronan
Wyatt
Liam
Caleb
Riley
Aidan/Aiden

#32 Nings8

Nings8

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • 559 posts

Posted 01 March 2021 - 11:56 AM

Saskia Monet is so spunky! I actually kind of adore it. I'm a huge fan of Monet, Saskia is okay but they flow so well together! Saskia Monroe would be great too ;)

#33 Nings8

Nings8

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • 559 posts

Posted 01 March 2021 - 12:03 PM

For Alyssa: Alyssa Genevieve Perry and Alyssa Odette Perry are so cute! They also have the best flow. I love the classical sound of Genevieve, and the regality of Odette next to the more trendy Alyssa! If you want a double middle, I think Alyssa Hermione Odette Perry is really cute!

For Kaitlyn: Kaitlyn Anastasia Leigh Perry is a bit of a mouthful, but it's definitely my favorite from your list! I love the flow, despite it being long. The names work together well as well

For Anders: I think Anders John Perry is simple, but very classic and beautiful. Plus, it opens up the nickname AJ. If you want a double middle name, i think Anders Ronan Lee Perry would be best (Lee can honor Leigh while still giving him his own identity)

#34 .:alexandra:.

.:alexandra:.

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • 569 posts
  • Interests:linguistics, psychology, books, conspiracy theories (within reason), equality, space/astrology, names

Posted 16 March 2021 - 01:42 AM

Okay, so I know there are probably going to be some strong opinions on mine and my partner's current favourite baby names but that's okay I'm prepared for that as I want honest opinions!

Girl - Marlow Everett

Boy - Arden Elliott

#35 Nings8

Nings8

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • 559 posts

Posted 18 March 2021 - 10:19 AM

Marlow Everett - Wow. This name is stunning. I adore Everett on a young girl, and paired with Marlow it sounds so strong and beautiful.The only thing that would make it even better is if it was spelled Marlowe, as I feel like that would add to the lack of femininity a little bit. Gorgeous!

Arden Elliott - I love this one too! I prefer Arden on girls, but Elliott (especially with two ts!) is so handsome in the middle name spot. Have you considered Auden Elliott? I feel like it's similar but just a tad more masculine. 

Good luck!! Hope this helped

#36 DelphiMoon

DelphiMoon

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • 568 posts

Posted 18 March 2021 - 03:15 PM

Girl - Marlow Everett

Boy - Arden Elliott

Absolutely and completely not my style, but also undeniably gorgeous. That's when you know you've made some good combos. 

#37 apiston229

apiston229

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 23 March 2021 - 03:09 PM

I've recently fallen in love with the name Mason Cole. What do you guys think about that?

#38 Nings8

Nings8

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • 559 posts

Posted 24 March 2021 - 08:23 PM

Mason Cole is great! It's really masculine, which I like, and I like the single-syllable middle name. The only thing is both are very common, but a little Mason would be so cute! 

#39 DelphiMoon

DelphiMoon

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • 568 posts

Posted 06 April 2021 - 09:11 PM

Mason Cole is so strong and current! I think it's one of my favorite of your combos

#40 GustyLeaves

GustyLeaves

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 11 April 2021 - 04:37 PM

Thoughts on October Cecilia or October Cassandra?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users