• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,884 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 26 September 2011 - 12:44 PM

It's been a long 11 days not consistently being on BNG!! :) And I uh, am in need of name help. So BNG has to be involved :)

So, me and Mike are uh, talkin' names now <3 He has told me a few names he likes: Robbie, Zach, Jayson, and Dylan. But I dislike Robbie for some personal reasons, but the others are all in. So the list of me and Mike's includes:

Dylan, Jayson, and Zach

And I like those, but yeah.. <3 Dylan has been growing on me, actually. Jayson is handsome... and Zach is nice. Too much of a nick name, and he didn't specify liking Zachary or Zachariah. But the problem is Mike's last name is fairly long, and ends with an eee sound, so I am trying to avoid names ending in the eeee sound :) But just Zach is a nick name. Another kinda 'problem' of mine is that these names are so darn popular! D: I mean, if I truly adore a name, popularity doesn't matter as much. But I don't want to let them grow on me because their so popular. But so far, we have ONE combo on our list:

Dylan Ryan

Me and him decided that Ryan is a must. Because our friend, and my best friend in the world's nick name is Rye. So a variation of Rye is necessary. Ryder would have been my favorite, but he really loves Ryan, and I do love Ryan as well, so thats the final decision here. Middle name Ryan.

Now, to get to the point! :P

I want suggestions of names Mike might like besides the above <3 Maybe ones less popular... He hasn't had too much to say about names, just what I've posted above. We don't yet have girls names LOL. Except I know he kinda likes Katelyn.. Anyways, I know he doesn't like the name Tyrone, which is cool with me. I don't want any Ty names.. There was another name he didn't like but I don't recall it :/

So yes, could you suggest me names that maybe have the same feel or something as Dylan, Zach, Jayson, and Robbie, since he likes those? Something less popular preferably, but I'm even okay with some semi popular names... <3

I have thought about asking him about the names: Caleb, Matthew, and Connor. That's it... Though maybe not Connor because Connor Ryan doesn't work.. Though I almost love Caleb Ryan... ah! Don't mind me...

Sorry I'm being such a scatterbrain! I underlined and made the font bigger to the main point because I was kinda rambling a lot.... thank you SO MUCH for any help though <3

xoxo Remy / Haddie

EDIT: [9/27/2011] We have decided to add Teagan to our list! Even though people seem to find it feminine <3

#2 Katie-Nana

Katie-Nana

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Super Moderators
  • 6,652 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 02:53 PM

So boys names similar to Jayson, Dylan, Zach & Robbie but a bit less main stream, right? :)

Jayson is an easy one. Pretty much any of the Jay/Ja- names work or two syllable -son names.

I personally like Jaycee or "J.C." though this spelling is a bit feminine :\ I kinda like the initials more then the phonetical spelling...maybe the nickname J.C. Jayson Charlie or something. IDK.

Jayden would be a maybe (kind of a mesh of Jayson & Dylan) though I'm not a huge fan and it is one that is rising in popularity. So pretty much more mainstream than less mainstream.

Mason or even Macon.

Bryson

Dylan is a hard one, Hm...

Landen/Landon (pretty much the syllables switched).

Zach

Max
Jax or Jaxon/Jackson (this one also brings in Jayson)
(any of the X ending names)

Robbie (Don't expect much from this one :\ ...)

Rand/Randall "Randy"
Toby
Colby
Davis "Davey"
Rigby
Ripley
Jordan "Jordy" / George "Geordy"

Hope you like them :)

#3 -TebowTime-

-TebowTime-

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,472 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 04:47 PM

I LOVE Jayson <3 (humm, wonder why?!?! lol)

Variations of (all boy names):

Jayson:
Jay
Jaymon
James
Jackson
Jayden
Grayson
Kayson
Lawson
Josiah
Joshua
Jamie

Dylan:
Daniel
Darron
Darius
Derek
Dalton
Dayson
Rylan
Roland
Ryland
Riley

Zach
Zane
Jack
Zadek
Zachary
Zedikiah
Zebulon
Zedidiah
Zebidiah
Zechariah

#4 AutumnLeigh

AutumnLeigh

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 08:01 PM

Dylan - LOVE the name, but I prefer spelling, Dillon, and I really don't like it paired with Ryan. I guess cause they kinda end the same... :)
Jayson - Not really my style..
Zach - I do like Zachary and Zachariah with Zach as a nn

Combos:
Dylan Shane
Dylan Cade
Dylan Lance
Dylan Rhys/Reese

Jayson Allen
Jayson Matthew
Jayson Mitchell
Jayson Fox
Jayson Elijah
*I like the name Jayce too.

Zachary Weston
Zachary Charles
Zachary Nathan
Zachary Ethan
Zachary James
Zachary Ryan

Other name possibilities:
Andrew
Avery
Brady
Brayden
Caden (nn Cade)
Charles
Dustin
Darren
Ethan
Garrett
Heath
Isaac
Jackson
Jack
James
Kyle
Liam
Lance
Landon
Mason
Michael
Matthew
Nathan
Noah
Ryland - like for your friend Rye
Ryley - also for your friend
Shane
Timothy
Zachary
Zachariah

-I reeeeally hope this helps you, cause I kinda picked a bunch'a random names that I thought you both might like
:)

#5 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 7,884 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 26 September 2011 - 09:52 PM

Thanks so much, Katie, Jaesin, and Autumn!! :)

For different forms of Jayson, I like these:
J.C. - Its handsome, and less mainstream as the name itself, or Jay // JayJay as a nick name or something <3 Jayson Charlie is handsome! I really like Charlie!! Though, I also love the combination Jayson Hunter... though I have no idea how much he likes it... <3 Hmm... But I like J.C.!
Jayden - I do love Jayden, but it is much too popular :/ along with the rhyming Kaden's and Braydens and Haydens, etc <3
Mason - It is handsome, though the Ma part sounds a lot like Mae and I adore the name Maeve... Hmm!
Jackson - Handsome! I do love Jackson... and Jack <3
Grayson - Oh my word, I do love this name! It has been on my list and all, but I didn't think of suggesting it.. but thanks!! Greyson <33
Lawson - I never actually thought much about using this name before, but I kinda like it!

Different forms of Dylan, I like:
Landon - I kinda like it! Funny, it does sound like Dylan with the syllables switched! <3
Daniel - It's been growing on me lately.. Like <3
Derek - Okay, kinda like <3
Rylan - I do love this! And it was second after Ryder on my list... I never even mentioned it to Mike. Huh. I'll have to ask! <33
Roland - There's something attractively old fashioned about this name I kinda like! Though I doubt he'd like it :/
Ryland - I kinda prefer it without the D, but it is handsome (:
Riley - I like Riley a lot as well! Though he didn't as much.. ah well <3

I like these for different forms of Zach:
Max- short and cute and handsome. Like!!
Jackson - same as I said above for Jackson hehe
Zachary - I like Zachary, it just doesn't flow as well with his last name, plus its too long for it and all ):
Zachariah - I like this as well, but also too long.. </3 Though this is nice cause it has the Rye sound already in it!

As for Robbie, I'm not expecting as much from it either. But, if he likes it maybe names that are like it but not it I might like as well? If that makes any sense lol...
Toby - I do like Toby, or Tobias... Not a lot a lot, but it is handsome hehe <3
Jordan - kinda handsome <3 Its a maybe for me lol

I was thinking the same about Dylan Ryan though! They both do end in the -an and all :L I especially noticed it when I tried putting Rylan after it and they both had the -ylan sound in it with one letter difference :) But the more I think of it the more it bothers me lol.. Hmm.....

I like these combo's you suggested, Autumn!

Dylan Shane
Dylan Cade

Jayson Matthew
Jayson Fox
Jayson Elijah

Zachary Charles
Zachary Nathan
Zachary Ryan

And these of the other name possibilities:
Avery
Caden (nn Cade) [I worry about the popularity though :'(]
Charles [ loooove! Especially with nick name Charlie!!]
Ethan
Jackson // Jack
Kyle [I like though its our friends name.. he's a great friend but idk. I'll ask haha]
Liam [I absolutely adore this name so darn much!!! He seemed less enthusiastic about it last time I checked, he didn't say he disliked it but didn't say he did like it though. Idk...]
Landon [Like!!]
Mason
Michael [It's his name hehe. Which I wouldn't mind using as a middle name, I do love the name. No idea how he'd react to that though... Imagine that, Michael Ryan or Ryan Michael as a middle name? Thats darn handsome!!]
Matthew [Loooove!!]
Nathan [I like it, though it is my brothers name... so it'd be a tad odd lol]
Noah [I like <3]
Ryland - [I do like how it honors my friend Rye, and I adore Rylan without the D!!!]
Ryley - [tried this with him and he wasn't particularly fond]
Shane [I kinda really like it, kinda not as much. Hmmm <3]
Zachary [I like, but doesn't go with his last name :'( thats my dilemma with Zach / other forms of Zach :/]
Zachariah [same as above </3]

Thank you sooo much, girls!!! This really really helped a lot! <333 I got list here to ask him about <3

#6 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 7,884 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 09:43 PM

Hmm... got a couple more names to the list! :o And, I edited the topic main post thinger and let y'all know we have Teagan on the list! <333

So.... list currently looked like:
Dylan Ryan
Caleb Ryan
Teagan Ryan
Matthew Ryan

I haven't gotten much input from him at the moment, but yeah. Current list <3 I'm starting to really, really like Teagan though! Not sure why, but its really just got that sort of sound or feel to it... is it really too popular for girls? .. oh, SSA says Teagan is number 688 for a boy, 243 for a girl.... eek. How bad is it to use a name for a boy that the female population is starting to take over? :) Like, I'd never use Ashley or Carol on a boy, cause those are officially girls names really. But Teagan can be pulled off for a boy still, right?! Almost like Alex, which seems to be pretty equal, very popular on both genders really... wdyt?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users