• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,883 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 10 January 2010 - 07:21 PM

I need:
1. a name for Beth's boyfriend.

2. should the father die before, during, or after the wedding? or not at all?

Here's the theme to my story:

17 year old Beth lives with her ill Dad, her mother had died a year ago. Her Dad is predicted to not live for much longer, so he tries to be the best he can before passing away. Beth does her best to keep him alive. She stopped most all of her other comitments to help her father out.

Beth's boyfriend (name undecided) had been dating Beth since they were fourteen, but she's known him since she was in fourth grade (they lived on the same block). Before her dad dies, the boyfriend asks her father if he can marry Beth. So he could have his permission before he dies, and hopefully maybe marry before he's gone. He allows this and he and Beth are engaged.

The father either dies before, during or after the wedding (I dont know which would sound better. During would be kinda dramatic and to predictable I think). Or maybe he doesnt die.

And the story is how being married before being eighteen is, and how Beth handles life. If the Dad doesnt die, then the two of them are just going to spend all there time making sure he's well. The boyfriend making money to support them. (Boyfriends in college now, a bit older then Beth). Beth's a senior, but she gets her GED so she can stay home.

I'm open to all suggestions for this story! If anything can make this story better, its well apprechiated! Thanks!

~Haddie

#2 alyssa897

alyssa897

Legendary Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,798 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 03:34 PM

Well...it sounds like a great story! But, before, during or after can all be cliched.

It just depends on how you present them!

I don't think he should die during the wedding though.

Maybe after. Yeah, I think after would be a good time...but I'm not sure how much after...like a couple of months/years later?

Sorry, I'm not much help! :)

But I definitely think he should die wayy after the wedding!

Good luck, I would love to read it when you are finished!

#3 PaperHeart

PaperHeart

Genie-ous Baby Namer and Moderator

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,160 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 07:15 AM

Hmm. I think it depends on how you write it. Just write, and see where it takes you - you can always scrap it anytime! :)

Beth's boyfriend -

-Taylor
-Andrew
-Nathan
-Lucas
-Gregory
-Kevin
-Thomas
-Asher
-Collin
-David
-Daniel