• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 xxThePumpkinQueenxx

xxThePumpkinQueenxx

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,712 posts
  • Interests:singing, writing, reading, psychology, science, math, forensics, children, going to church, being with my family and SEC football. War Eagle!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:28 PM

I've been catching up on the US version of Being Human the past few days. One of the royal vampires on there is a lady named Suren. I actually think I may love this name. I researched pronunciations and the few sites I've been on have said this is actually a masculine name. And I can't find the pronunciation to match how they say it in the show. I guess it would be like saying sewer and wren together. (I'm so bad at this haha) wdyt of it? I think a real frilly, girly middle name would balance it out nicely. So far though, the only name I have is Suren Isabel(le).
  • Remy Hadley likes this

#2 BabyNameRater

BabyNameRater

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,669 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:33 PM

I LOVE that show! But the name Suren to me sounds either very foreign or someone who wanted their child to have a trendier sounding name that Soren and I see it as very masculine as well. :/ I pronounced it more like "Sirr-en"

#3 xxThePumpkinQueenxx

xxThePumpkinQueenxx

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,712 posts
  • Interests:singing, writing, reading, psychology, science, math, forensics, children, going to church, being with my family and SEC football. War Eagle!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:52 PM

Have you seen Suren in the show then? Makes it easier since you know of the show. I like how they pronounce it. It tickles me when they call her Princess Suren. I can't remember it's origin, but I'm sure it's derived from Soren or Soren is derived from it.
I also like the idea of using Suri as a nickname.

And off topic...what season is this show on now? :lol: I'm 2 episodes away from finishing Season 2 on Netflix.

#4 BabyNameRater

BabyNameRater

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 2,669 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:04 PM

It's in season 3 right now, just started up this year. :D I can only see her with the name because she was "born" in the Mongol Hordes era and it sounds to me like a name from that group and time so it vaguely fits, especially if it was a surname turned first name, just not really on a girl/woman to me. :P Suri, could feminize it but I think of Siri so for me it's still iffy haha

#5 xxThePumpkinQueenxx

xxThePumpkinQueenxx

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,712 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:39 PM

I hate that I started watching on Netflix. I'll never get caught up. :(

#6 BabyNameRater

BabyNameRater

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 2,669 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 12:03 AM

There's only 4 episodes out of season 3 so far. You got time hahaha

#7 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,895 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 16 March 2013 - 07:04 AM

I was reading Suren is actually derived from the Indian name Surenda or something :) Interesting origins hehe :) Suri is darn cute though, love Suren Isabel(le) ;) okay, maybe this will be an easier way to get it! Is the u in Suren pronounced the same as the u in put? or like the oooo in sewer? :P soooo-ren, or suhr-ren? LOL

#8 xxThePumpkinQueenxx

xxThePumpkinQueenxx

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,712 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 02:25 PM

Oh gosh. Lol the first one!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users