30 replies to this topic

#1 meg

meg

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,351 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 03:34 PM

If you had to name your child a day of the week, which one would you choose and why?

If you had to name your child a month of the year, which one would you choose and why?

#2 meg

meg

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 2,351 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 03:37 PM

For a week day I would choose Sunday (not with mn Rose). It seems the most like a name to me and its nn could be Sunny.
The month I would choose is October because I like the nn Tobie.
As I am writing this I thought we could also the season we would most like to name a child. I would have to choose Summer. I've always thought that was a pretty name.

#3 rhaego

rhaego

Epic Baby Namer

• Charter Members
  • 1,896 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 04:19 PM

I would choose Tuesday for a boy or a girl, just because I prefer the sound of it over the other days.
As for months, I would choose August for a boy and January for a girl. I know August is accepted as a name, but January isn't, so why am I choosing January as opposed to April, May, or June? Simple. I don't like any of these names (except maybe June as a middle name). I think January sounds cute and would flow well with other names. January Grace, January Sophia, January Danielle, etc. I hate the nn Jan, though, so my next choice would be October, which is cute as well, but mostly for a middle name. :]

I like the idea of seasons! All season names are pretty much accepted as names for people except Spring. I wonder why that is. Maybe it's because a spring is an object as well, so it might be like naming your kid Cushion or something.. Hmm.. What do you guys think? Anyway, I actually like all the other season names, but if I had to choose, I'd choose Autumn because I think it's the classiest and most graceful, cute without being cutesy, and would age well. :)

#4 Antelope

Antelope

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 05:19 PM

For Days I like Tuesday and Wednesday. I think Tuesday would be my choice.

For Months I like October and April for Girl and August for a boy.. :)

#5 Dominique

Dominique

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 07:29 PM

For a day of the week I would pick Wednesday. I guess I just love the Addams Family lol. No, but I always thought the name was cute and heard Winnie as a nickname and thought it was cute.

For a month I would pick July for a girl. I think Jules is cute for a nickname if you had to pick a nickname for the name. For a boy I don't really care for any of the months as boys names.

#6 Hannah

Hannah

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,785 posts
  • Interests:I love writing, reading, sports of any kind(my favorites being basketball & soccer), music, and hanging out with my friends and family.

AND, I of course love thinking of baby names even though that is a VERY far in the future thing for me because I'm still young!

Posted 13 September 2008 - 07:00 AM

Tuesday would be my choice for a boy and Sunday for a girl.
For months, August or October for a boy, and for a girl either June or January.

#7 Alexis!

Alexis!

Epic Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 1,614 posts
  • Interests:Bones
    Mysteries
    Baking
    Photography
    Science
    Writing
    Reading

Posted 14 September 2008 - 06:56 PM

Sunday is the only day name I like, and it's not really high for me.

Months I LOVE August for a boy and October for a girl.

Seasons...I love them all. Spring maybe only as a middle, but I'd use the other 3 for firsts!

#8 Fez

Fez

Epic Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 10:46 PM

A day of the week: Tuesday for a boy and Sunday (nn Sunny) for a girl.
A month: August for a boy and December for a girl.

#9 Kodie Lynne

Kodie Lynne

Notable Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 07:36 AM

I like Tuesday, makes me think of a Lynard Skynard song, "Tuesday's gone with the wind," and Sunday is decent too. I LOVE October, and December would be my second choice. As for seasons, Autumn is my FAVORITE name ever, but unfortunatley Justin won't let me name my daughter that. Bummer.

#10 Katie-Nana

Katie-Nana

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,652 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 02:47 PM

For a boy I'd have to say August or Friday
For a girl...I hate April, May and June so I'd have to say January nn Janey/Jane/Jan and Thursday.

There is actually a set of books by Jasper Fforde whose main character is Thursday Next, she has a son named Friday and her mother is Tuesday and such and such characters in her family are named after days of the week.

#11 scarlet520

scarlet520

Expert Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,790 posts
  • Interests:I LOVE reading. I'm into almost every genre and generally read a book a week, if possible. I like Iris Johansen, Karen Marie Moning, Stephen King, James Patterson, Jane Austen, Charlotte Brontë, Diana Gabaldon, Kathy Reichs, and Robert Burns (every Scot's favorite author). I really love music and even got accepted to the Mason Gross School of Performing Arts at Rutgers University (my alma mater) for vocal performance. Unfortunately performance life was not for me, so I went into English Lit and French instead. Music is still a big part of my life, and I like a multitude of musical genres from Reggae to Rock to Opera. I've seen Carmen and La bohème each twice. (And I cry every time.) My husband and I also have a special place in our hearts for The Beatles.

Posted 16 September 2008 - 03:19 PM

For a boy, August & Friday (though I think naming your a kid after the a day of the week is a little too odd)

For a girl I'm going to be traditional and say April & Tuesday (I used to work with a girl named Tuesday when I was in college)

#12 Jellybean

Jellybean

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts
  • Interests:-Watching movies<br />-Reading (specially poetry)<br />-Writing<br />-Playing with my daughter<br />-Travelling<br />-Learning different languages

Posted 22 September 2008 - 06:43 PM

GIRL
Day of the week: Wednesday Eleanor (because I used to love Addam's Family)
Month: June Lyla (because is cute and sassy)
Season: Autumn Liv (because it sounds nice)

BOY
Day of the week: Tuesday Walker (because it is the only day that sounds masculine)
Month: August Benjamim (because it sounds classy)
Season: Winter James (because it the other ones are too girly)

#13 Smile

Smile

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 07:40 PM

For a boy, I would name him Thursday, since it came from the god Thor (I believe) I think it would be cool to call him Thor still.
For a girl, I would name her hmm, Well I actually don't mind Sunday, Monday, or Tuesday. I might choose Monday actually.
For a boy, I would name him August.
For ag irl, this is tough becaue I love May, April, and June. i think they are all gorgeous classics, but maybe June because I rarely hear it.
For a boy, I would name him Winter.
For a girl, Iwould name her Summer or Autumn, I love them both.

#14 Danielle_Monique

Danielle_Monique

Notable Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 01:03 AM

Day of the Week: For a girl I would name her Wednesday, I just really like it.

Month: August for a boy and April for a girl. They both start with A which has family significance and I love them.

#15 PaperHeart

PaperHeart

Genie-ous Baby Namer and Moderator

• Super Moderators
  • 12,160 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 07:07 AM

:)

Day- Sunday.
Month(s)- April, May, June, July, December.

Extra:

Season- Summer, Autumn.
Star sign- Aries, Gemini, Leo.
'Seasonal'- Sky(e), Willow, Violet, Ember, Luna, Scarlett, Rose, Ruby, Piper, Lily, Sage.
Place names- Adelaide, Austin, Charlotte, Sofia, Dakota, Troy, Chelsea, 'Eden', Georgia, Lincoln, Orlando, 'Lorelei', Virginia.
Word names- Hope, Faith, Grace, Charity, Serenity, Cadence, Melody, Honor, Harmony, Chance, Liberty.

-Yasmine <3

#16 xSirenx

xSirenx

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 02:29 PM

For a Week I would pick Sunday or Tuesday..They both sound fitting for a name
For a Month I would pick August..or July..August cuz its more closer to a name and July..Cuz I like the fireworks :) and its my parents anniverary
For a Season I would pick Autumn Breeze and Summer Rayne

#17 amberdawn

amberdawn

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 04:56 PM

Week: Boy: Sunday for a boy his nickname wold be Sunny!
Girl: Wednesday: id wall wendy

Month: Boy: August: i think its the only month i think sounds good for a boy
Girl: December, I think its pretty for a girl

#18 PaperHeart

PaperHeart

Genie-ous Baby Namer and Moderator

• Super Moderators
  • 12,160 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 04:59 PM

Mm :)

Days: Sunday [Only for a girl]
Months: May, June, October, August [Only August for a boy as well]

ALSO got me thinking:

Seasons: Autumn.
Virtue names: Grace, Faith, Hope, Charity, True, Mercy, Temperance, Amity, Honor, Trinity, Verity, Merritt, Serena, Fate, Prudence, Patience, Justice, Chance.
Musical names: Aria, Harmony, Melody, Lyric, Allegra, Piper, Cadence, Viola, Harper, Reid.
Place names: Adelaide, Charlotte, Sofia, Georgia, Virginia, Paris, Carolina, Sicily, Florence, Jackson, Orlando, Hudson, Austin, Kent.
Celestial names: Celeste, Stella, Estelle, Luna, Leo.
Plants & flowers, spices etc.: Violet, Hazel, Cora, Iris, Ivy, Flora, Fern, Briar, Rose, Olive, Aster, Hollis, Dahlia, Poppy, Fleur, Lily, Acacia, Bryony, Laurel, Camellia, Adair, Clover, Delphine, Pearl, Marina, Aurora, Lavender, Sage, Juniper, Coral, Daphne, Cyrus, River, Heath, Forrest.
Gems & Colours: Ruby, Scarlett, Topaz, Jade, Opal, Garnet, Gemma, Ambre, Lilac, Sienna, Gray, Ash, Sapphire.
Birds: Wren, Lark, Phoenix, Drake, Jasper.

Other word names & Occupation names: [Most of these are guilty pleasures] Taylor, Story, Journey, Skye, Page, Sailor, Dean, Chandler, Miles, Grant, Carter, Lance, Mason, Noel, Chase, Drew, Perry, Russell, Max, Archer.

#19 alaskayoung

alaskayoung

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 768 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 06:44 PM

Tuesday & April!

#20 ShannonElizabeth

ShannonElizabeth

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member