• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 rp1126

rp1126

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:10 PM

We already have a two year old son, Eli Alexander, and are expecting a baby girl. We both love the name Ayla, but worry that they sound too much alike. What do you think? Are the too similar sounding? We are also struggling with a middle name for Ayla (if we go with that name). We would really like a name that begins with an S (after my grandmother as the A is after my husband's grandmother). I like Ayla Shoshana but my husband hates Shoshana so that's out of the question. The only one we can agree on is Ayla Sophia. We love the name Sophia but dislike how common it is now. Can you think of other middle names for Ayla? Ayla Seraphine? Ayla Sabrina? Ayla Sarina? Our last name has two syllables so I don't think a two syllable middle name would sound good because then all 3 names would be two syllables. Any suggestions? Or other, completely different A and S name combinations altogether? The order does not matter. Thanks!

#2 Dorcas

Dorcas

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:52 AM

I love Ayla and it's close to Eli but you'd be able to tell the difference. I think it makes for a great sib set!

Ayla Sarah (Sara etc)
Ayla Soralie
Ayla Serena (Sarina or Selina etc)
Ayla Summer
Ayla Stephanie
Ayla Siobhan
Ayla Sybil

Ayla Lily (Not an S but the link you gave for Shoshana lead to the meaning and it said Lily, you could also go with other names that mean 'Lily' and not start with S, would you consider that?)
Ayla Asphodel (very 'A' dominant though but I love that name, sp. lol)
Ayla Lilian
Ayla Lelia (very rhymey!)

What about nicknames of Shoshana or different spellings and pronunciations? Would you think of using those, like
Ayla Suzana (Susan/Susana)
Ayla Sanna
Ayla Zanna
Ayla ZsaZsa
Ayla Shana

From there you could go to
Ayla Shannon
Ayla Suzi (Susie)

I think I'm all out of idea's at the moment!

#3 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,889 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:55 PM

Do you pronounce Ayla like Kayla without a K? Or like Isla? <3 I do think they are pretty close, its not a sib set I personally would go for. But if you love it, I'd do it!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sibling names

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users