• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Marvelous_Things

Marvelous_Things

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,663 posts
  • Interests:Movies, music, psychology, history, literature, anime, cosplay, and names.

Posted 03 December 2010 - 01:31 PM

Okay, so I'm writing a story that is told from the point of view of a teenage girl who is killed in a car accident. But before that point: Her father left when she was a kid, and her mom and her stepdad aren't really interested in her at all. The way that she escapes her less-than-perfect home life is listening to a bunch of old vinyl records that her dad left. She falls in love with artists of the 60s and 70s, particularly the rockstars that died young (Janis Joplin, Jimi Hendrix, etc), and she sees heaven as a place where these musicians live forever, just playing their music. One night, she's at a party with her best friend, Carly. Carly and her ex Derrick get into it, and she and the main character decide to leave the party. They've both been drinking, and they get into a car wreck. Carly is okay, but the main character is killed, and she ends up in her her rock n' roll heaven, but it's a little different from what she anticipated. When she gets there, she meets a girl from the early-seventies that died of a heroin overdose "when dying young was still cool," as the main chracter puts it.

I'm sure by this time you've realized that the MC does not have a name. As I have already stated, the MC is very into music. She hangs out with the stoners at school. She has friends, but is a little bit of a loner. Her hair is brown and medium length, and she has brown eyes. Her favorite outfit is jeans and a band tee. I was going to call her Samantha, but I really don't think the name fits the character well. I would rather have something a little unusual, but nothing too crazy. I need both a FN and a LN for her.

I also need a name for the girl from the 70s. She is somewhat of a hippie, and was into the drug scene of the time. She was around 18 when she died in the early seventies, so she would have been born in the the early 50s. Because of this, she can't have any super-modern names, but it dosen't nessecarily have to be a typical 50s name, either. She needs both a FN and a LN as well.

#2 Malligal

Malligal

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,005 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Art, Writing, Books, Movies, Music, Concerts, Travel, Maps, Road trips

Posted 13 December 2010 - 01:56 PM

For your MC, I really like the name Everly or Avery. Maybe with the last name of Jackson or Jenkins.

For the girl from the 70s, I could see her maybe having an ordinary name like Tammy West or Mary Lewis or something like that. But because she was somewhat of a hippie and was into the drug scene, I can also see her changing her name or having sort of a nn that everyone knew her as. Maybe something like Journey, Wanderer, Magnolia, Sunshine, Windsong, or Raina.

Hope this helps. :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users