• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Laugh-Dream-Love

Laugh-Dream-Love

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,799 posts
  • Interests:Watching movies and snuggling with my boyfriend; Writing; Reading; Listening to music; Drawing; Singing

Posted 23 August 2011 - 04:02 AM

Okay, so I realised that I didn't like as many of the names on my lists as I used to, so am completely revising them.

So far, I have a few of the same names, and a few first names, but that's it. I would really appreciate your help, opinions, suggestions, whatever, it's all welcome.

Here is the new list so far:

Henry Robert,
Ethan Alexander,
Theodore Averett,
Chase Thaddeus,
Colby Zachariah,
Judah Reagan,
Ryan Thomas,
Finn Andrew,
Edward Robin,
Beckett Rhys,
Aden Oliver,
Percy,
Miles,
Oscar,
Jonah,
Hugo,
Jacoby.

I must admit my boys list is doing much better than the girls, but I'd still like suggestions and opinions please.

Thanks in advance

~Hannah~

#2 Anny

Anny

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 04:48 AM

yes, this list is much nicer :)

Henry Robert ... AWESOME flow!!! I want to use Robert as mn too later for my boy, and Henry just seems to fit perfectly!
Ethan Alexander ... another great combo!!!
Theodore Averett ... I love the name Theodore and I think Everett is a very nice mn to that. But the spelling of Averett doesn't really fit, it is the 'A', Everett is better!
Chase Thaddeus ... I don't like Chase as name, it always sounds so harsh. I LOVE the name Thaddeus!!! It is my style!!! Thaddeus Chase sounds better though.
Colby Zachariah ... and another great combo!
Judah Reagan ... I don't know yet.
Ryan Thomas ... and another great combo!
Finn Andrew ... it seems that Finn is missing a few letters, it is a bit to short for Andrew. I would go with Finnley Andrew or Finnley Robert!
Edward Robin ... nice one, but not my favorite.
Beckett Rhys ... I like Beckett as name, but I don't like the spelling of Rhys, if you want it to pronounce like Reese! Anyway, Rhys doesn't fit that fn.
Aden Oliver ... not fond of Aden or Aiden as name! Oliver is a classic and works for me.
Percy ... don't like it
Miles ... don't like it
Oscar ... nice one.
Jonah ... okay
Hugo ... that's a no go!
Jacoby ... I wouldn't put a 'y' at the end of Jacob.

My Top 3:
Thaddeus Chase
Finnley Robert
Ethan Alexander

#3 RuneCaster

RuneCaster

Novice Baby Namer

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 07:34 AM

Henry Robert- I think this name matches wonderfully, It's not my style but both names are classics, so you can't go wrong here.
Ethan Alexander- I love this combo, Ethan is cool and Alexander is one of my favorites however I dislike that "Alex" is so popular, but it goes great as m/n
Theodore Averett- I love Theodore as well, with the n/n Theo. I agree with Anny on the E to A change for Averett.
Chase Thaddeus- I don't this so much, Thaddeus is one of those names that just makes me giggle, if you do really like it, I'd switch Thaddeus to the f/n as in Chase Thaddeus sounds a little funny.
Colby Zachariah- Very good, like Colby a lot.
Judah Reagan- It's ok, I prefer Judas over Judah. Also Reagan seems more feminine to me, probably because I've met a few little girls named Reagan.
Finn Andrew- Finn is very awesome, it's on my favorite names list too. I don't like Andrew as a middle name. Finn is so short I think the middle name should be either longer or more unique.
Edward Robin- Edward's fine, again Robin sounds far too feminine for my tastes.
Beckett Rhys-I like Beckett as a m/n or surname, to me it sounds like Bucket. Rhys is cool and like it better than Reese(alternate spelling) I just don't like these names together.
Aiden- Aiden's a good name, so very popular right now though. I'm fond of Oliver and they sound great as a combo.
Percy- I used to hate this name it always reminded me of something small and annoying. However I've grown to like it due to the novel Percy Jackson, where Percy is a n/n for Perseus(Greek name fan!)
Miles- I don't like it as a f/n at all.
Oscar- Not my style, but to each their own. As a note of caution I have heard teasing potential with this name, as in Oscar the Grouch. I do like that it's different but not too odd.
Jonah- Very cute, with a nice meaning.
Hugo- I think Hugo is so cute and would applaud any parent who chose it. Unfortunately most people in North America seem to dislike this name, although its very popular in other countries like Sweden and Belgium. When I hear it I immediately think of the Hunchback of Notre Dame, as in the author Victor Hugo. There is also a movie coming out called "Hugo" depending on its popularity might make the name more liked. Hugo needs more love lol.
Jacoby- Is extremely cute and is an actual name derived of Hebrew origin and means supplanter and son of Jacob. Its ranked #473 in popularity in the U.S. , so different but not too much.

I hope my insight was helpful and nice list.

#4 ReadeAlexandra

ReadeAlexandra

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 09:19 AM

Henry Robert,
Theodore Averett,
Colby Zachariah,
Judah Reagan,
Edward Robin,
Beckett Rhys,
Miles,
Oscar,
Jonah,
Hugo,
Jacoby.

Abel
Aldo
Amos
Angus
Boone
Beau
Calder
Callum
Carleton
Crispin
Davis
Douglas
Edison
Gordon
Jasper
Lyle
Nico
Pierce
Sterling
Truman
Wilder

#5 Starlight

Starlight

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 12:09 AM

Henry Robert: Not a fan. Two very old-fashioned names combined.
Ethan Alexander: Wow. Very Handsome. <3 <3
Theodore Averett: Averett is different. Very similar sound to Ava which was on your Girls list. Interesting Name combo.
Chase Thaddeus: I like Chase. Thaddeus isnt my style.
Colby Zachariah: Flows nicely. I really like this name.
Judah Reagan: Both names dont flow well together, but sound fine separate. Maybe Judah Caleb or Judah Nicholas.
Ryan Thomas: Adooooore. Too cute! <3
Finn Andrew: Great! A newer sounding name, to complete an older name. Perfect. :)
Edward Robin: Robin reminds me of 'Robin Hood'. :/ Edward reminds me of 'Edward Cullen'. Too bad for associations, hey!
Beckett Rhys: Ooohh. Nice. :)
Aden Oliver: Aiden is very popular, so I like the use of underused Aden. Awesome Name.
Percy: Dont like it at all. Sorry.
Miles: Cute! Miles Riley would be sweet.
Oscar: Idk why.. Oscar has never seemed to be my thing. Kinda reminds me of an octopus.
Jonah: I like it better then Judah.
Hugo: Strong handsome sounding. Hugo Brody would be nice.
Jacoby: I really like it. Combination of Jack and Jacob. Jacoby Ryan, Jacoby Ethan, Jacoby Liam would all be nice.

Another lovely list.

#6 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 7,884 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 26 August 2011 - 09:23 PM

I like these of your combo's:
Henry Robert
Ethan Alexander
Chase Thaddeus
Colby Zachariah
Judah Regan
Ryan Thomas
Finn Andrew

Colby Zachariah has an awesome flow! Gorgeous! Judah is handsome, Ryan Thomas sounds so classic and handsome, and I love the name Finn! <3 Though, I think Finn Jacoby would be super handsome! <333

Theodore Averett is nice, though I much prefer Everett <3 I just don't care for Edward Robin; Beckett Rhys is nice, And Aden Oliver is nice <3

Single names I like:
Percy
Miles
Jonah
Jacoby

Percy almost sounds feminine, but I like it anyways! <3 So darned cute sounding!!!! Miles is just classic and handsome, Jonah is a bit too biblical to me but it is a nice name! Underused <3 And Jacoby is really really handsome!

Oscar makes me think of a purple octopus or a scary old guy I saw in a movie :L Kinda ruined the name to me lol. And theres just something about Hugo.. its like, handsome nice and not very used, but stilll.. not a bad name, I just don't like it lol.

I hope this is at least somewhat helpful! <3

#7 Laugh-Dream-Love

Laugh-Dream-Love

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 10,799 posts
  • Interests:Watching movies and snuggling with my boyfriend; Writing; Reading; Listening to music; Drawing; Singing

Posted 10 September 2011 - 05:40 AM

Thanks so much for your suggestions everyone, this is a really late reply I know! I've taken things that you said, and your suggestions, and this is my updated list:

Henry Robert,
Ethan Alexander,
Theodore Everett,
Chase Thaddeus,
Colby Zachariah,
Judah Reagan,
Ryan Thomas,
Finn Andrew,
Edward Robin,
Beckett Rhys,
Aden Oliver,
Percy Edison,