Photo

One boy name, one girl name, in need of some opinions!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Poll: Whatcha' think? (13 member(s) have cast votes)

Liam Ryder

1. Like! (11 votes [84.62%])

Percentage of vote: 84.62%

2. Dislike! (2 votes [15.38%])

Percentage of vote: 15.38%

Kay Kay as a nick name to Kate

1. Yes (4 votes [30.77%])

Percentage of vote: 30.77%

2. No (9 votes [69.23%])

Percentage of vote: 69.23%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,884 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 26 August 2011 - 09:42 PM

Okay, so I love Liam [and have settled on not changing it to Leo!]. And Liam Alexander has been on my list since forever. But, I have been back and forth a tad on it... And I was kind of thinking about how much I really like Alexander as a first name, and how overused the combo "Liam Alexander" seems to be! Everyone seems to like these two names together! D: But then I watched Tangled and was thinking about Flynn Rider..... and thought...... what about:

Liam Ryder?

I feel like it sounds like a cool name, young and fresh. But not like it wont age at all [plus even if it didn't Ryder is the middle name so therefor not seen quite as often and everything <3 So what do you all think? Like, dislike?

Secondly, I have been saying "KayKay" quite often lately, as okay instead of okey dokey. And I really like how it sounds as a name! Well, nick name. Does KayKay work as a nick name for Kate? Or would it only work for a name like Kayla? Or any other suggestions? Though I have LOVED Kate since forever, so I feel like it'd stick for longer <3 Though, I almost like just Kay // Kaye , opinions here? <3 I'm not sure... though I know I always swing back to loving Kate.. so yeah <3 Katherine is still nice.... lol

Thanks so much for all help! <3

#2 Wildflowerchild

Wildflowerchild

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 11:04 PM

Liam Ryder is really cute!

I'm honestly not too fond of "Kay Kay" as a nickname for Kate, though. Maybe "Kay" or "Kaye?"

#3 Starlight

Starlight

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 02:53 AM

YAY.
Im glad your sticking with Liam :) :D :P
Liam Alexander is super handsome.. but does seem a little overused.
Liam Ryder is perfect. It's not overused, is cute and flows well and would also age nicely. :)

I dont really think Kate needs a nickname.. but if you LOVE Kay Kay as a nickname then you should use it. :P
.. Katie is a cute nn [but then im adding more letters :P]
I dont like the nn Kay Kay.. I love just Kate. <3

#4 brittany111

brittany111

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,912 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 07:11 AM

i love both liam alexander andliam ryder, perfer l.a

hmm im not a fan of kay kay but i think its one of those things that if one person start then everyone will follow and 'learn to love' like might not like at first but it will grom once you can put a face to the name, if that makes any sense lol

#5 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 7,884 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 27 August 2011 - 09:18 AM

Thanks! I'm glad so many people agree that Liam Ryder is cute lol! Now it just has to stand the test of time and my always changing name tastes lol :) Liam Alexander will remain in second.... <3

As for Kay Kay, I don't know lol. Cause I love Kate. And I love KayKay. But Kate is honestly not really in need of a nick name. And I'd probably end up calling her Katie sometimes anyways lol. I suppose I'll have to wait until I have a kiddo and see if I want to call her KayKay [assuming I end up chosing Kate over Maeve or whichever name is my fav of the time! :P ].

Thanks so much for the opinions! :)

#6 thirdandfinal

thirdandfinal

Notable Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • Interests:scrapbooking, photography, reading, movies, camping, family time.

Posted 28 August 2011 - 09:14 PM

KayKay sounds like one of those nicknames you just don't plan, but happens and could happen to anyone with a K/C sound at the start, or a kay in their name (McKayla) or so on. One of those mostly famiyl only, occasionally bff type nicknames.
So yeah, would work for Katie.

I think Liam Ryder sounds fine.

#7 Katie-Nana

Katie-Nana

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Super Moderators
  • 6,652 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 04:49 PM

As a Katie, I can tell you that I very much dislike the nickname KayKay...however it was what my sister's called me when they were younger and couldn't say Katie and I really don't like that its cropped up again with my sisters calling me Aunt Kay-Kay to the babies. :\ But I'm sure I'll have to live with it until they can start saying Katie.

As to Liam Ryder...I think its cute. I just watched Tangled for the first time last night and the main guy is known as Flynn Ryder (though that's not his real name)...so that's what I think of. :)

#8 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 7,884 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 06:56 PM

Mmm, I suppose I can leave KayKay behind and if she likes it when she's older, she can use it. Cause nick names all depend on if the person themselves want it anyways :) I do looove Katie, so I can just stick with that lol <3

And thats exactly what Ryder makes me think of! Hehe, Eugene Fitzherbert! :') Loooove him! <333 Though, I honestly do love the name in itself! <3 Especially because my bff's nick name is Rye, so Ryder could honor her :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users