• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#21 Danni

Danni

Superstar Baby Namer

• Charter Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts
  • Interests:I love reading...Romance and fantasy novels mostly, though I do get into some other genres every now and then. I also LOVE music...Mainly older music, but some newer stuff, also. I LOVE the Beatles! They are the greatest! lol. I also love to just drive around in my car...And shopping! When Ihave money, I LOVE to shop!

Posted 08 April 2008 - 02:19 PM

Names that are a little different that I love (or maybe a lot different):
1. Temperance
2. Lavender
3. Phoenix

There are also names that I think are very interesting and kind of cool, but would never have the guts to use... like Twilight. I think Twilight is very pretty. Also, I actually like Starr, especially with 2 r's.

Temperance is cool, and I LOVE Phoenix...Not a big fan of Lavender, but TWILIGHT??? That is amazing! I love it! Very cool....Very weird, but also very cool.

#22 alyssa897

alyssa897

Legendary Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,798 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 02:26 PM

...but TWILIGHT??? That is amazing! I love it! Very cool....Very weird, but also very cool.

I think it's pretty cool too, lol. :unsure:

#23 Danni

Danni

Superstar Baby Namer

• Charter Members
  • 694 posts
  • Interests:I love reading...Romance and fantasy novels mostly, though I do get into some other genres every now and then. I also LOVE music...Mainly older music, but some newer stuff, also. I LOVE the Beatles! They are the greatest! lol. I also love to just drive around in my car...And shopping! When Ihave money, I LOVE to shop!

Posted 08 April 2008 - 02:28 PM

I think it's pretty cool too, lol. :unsure:

Thank goodness...I was starting to wonder if I was out of my mind...lol. I know people usually think a lot of the names I like are weird (which they are), but I love them!!

#24 scarlet520

scarlet520

Expert Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,790 posts
  • Interests:I LOVE reading. I'm into almost every genre and generally read a book a week, if possible. I like Iris Johansen, Karen Marie Moning, Stephen King, James Patterson, Jane Austen, Charlotte Brontë, Diana Gabaldon, Kathy Reichs, and Robert Burns (every Scot's favorite author). I really love music and even got accepted to the Mason Gross School of Performing Arts at Rutgers University (my alma mater) for vocal performance. Unfortunately performance life was not for me, so I went into English Lit and French instead. Music is still a big part of my life, and I like a multitude of musical genres from Reggae to Rock to Opera. I've seen Carmen and La bohčme each twice. (And I cry every time.) My husband and I also have a special place in our hearts for The Beatles.

Posted 08 April 2008 - 03:27 PM

Twilight is pretty nice. It's my favorite time of the day. I love all those pretty sunsets. :unsure: I wouldn't use it, but some parent might think that name would fit their kid perfectly.

#25 Danni

Danni

Superstar Baby Namer

• Charter Members
  • 694 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 03:33 PM

Twilight is pretty nice. It's my favorite time of the day. I love all those pretty sunsets. :unsure: I wouldn't use it, but some parent might think that name would fit their kid perfectly.

Yeah...Probably other weird people like me, lol. But it's a nice time of day, it sounds nice, and it might could work for somebody.

#26 scarlet520

scarlet520

Expert Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,790 posts
  • Interests:I LOVE reading. I'm into almost every genre and generally read a book a week, if possible. I like Iris Johansen, Karen Marie Moning, Stephen King, James Patterson, Jane Austen, Charlotte Brontë, Diana Gabaldon, Kathy Reichs, and Robert Burns (every Scot's favorite author). I really love music and even got accepted to the Mason Gross School of Performing Arts at Rutgers University (my alma mater) for vocal performance. Unfortunately performance life was not for me, so I went into English Lit and French instead. Music is still a big part of my life, and I like a multitude of musical genres from Reggae to Rock to Opera. I've seen Carmen and La bohčme each twice. (And I cry every time.) My husband and I also have a special place in our hearts for The Beatles.

Posted 08 April 2008 - 03:36 PM

Well, why not? People use Dawn and Aurora all the time. Why not Twilight? Not like its Moon Shine or something very hippie-ish.

#27 Danni

Danni

Superstar Baby Namer

• Charter Members
  • 694 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 03:38 PM

Well, why not? People use Dawn and Aurora all the time. Why not Twilight? Not like its Moon Shine or something very hippie-ish.

Cool! lol...I think hippie names are cool! I would love to meet someone with the name Twilight!

#28 macchiatomom

macchiatomom

Baby Namer

• Charter Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 10:37 AM

I really like Magnolia nn "Maggie" for a girl.

#29 Charity

Charity

Superstar Baby Namer

• Charter Members
  • 706 posts
  • Interests:More than anything else in the world I love being with my family, which includes my amazing husband and our three gorgeous daughters. We are currently expecting number four, and are so excited! I am of course a mother first, but I am a writer second. I am a nut about names and etymology in general. I love reading; I’m a sucker for both the more modern fantasy books, like Harry Potter, and the also classics, like Shakespeare. Music is another thing that I could’ve live without, and I have to say my tastes definitely lean towards modern rock: Nickelback, Hinder, Papa Roach, and Theory of a Deadman are my very favorites. Not too big on television, but I couldn’t live without Lost. I also love cars (and driving them!), and I am the proud “mommy” of a Ford Mustang. I’m also pretty big on talking and I like to see myself as friendly, so I hope to see you around the boards!

Posted 09 April 2008 - 03:06 PM

I'm usually more of a traditionalist as well, but I have to admit that I do have a few "odd" names amongst my favorites list :unsure: For boys I really like Jericho, Phoenix, Daytona and even Anakin... I would NEVER use the latter because of the Star Wars-related teasing it would bring, but as a name itself I love it. Twilight is beautiful as well, and I also really like Larkin for a girl -- no one else seems to, though.

#30 Danni

Danni

Superstar Baby Namer

• Charter Members
  • 694 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 03:32 PM

I'm usually more of a traditionalist as well, but I have to admit that I do have a few "odd" names amongst my favorites list :unsure: For boys I really like Jericho, Phoenix, Daytona and even Anakin... I would NEVER lose the latter because of the Star Wars-related teasing it would bring, but as a name itself I love it. Twilight is beautiful as well, and I also really like Larkin for a girl -- no one else seems to, though.

Anakin is cool! Too bad about the Star Wars thing, though...Jericho is also very cool!

#31 Danni

Danni

Superstar Baby Namer

• Charter Members
  • 694 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 04:01 PM

Okay, I was in the middle of looking through the Girls "G" section of my baby name book and came across the German name Guiomar! That is so weird, but kind of cool...Well, that's just me. Claire says it's hideous and that only people in Germany should use it. lol.

#32 Claire

Claire

Junior Baby Namer

• Charter Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 04:22 PM

Okay, I was in the middle of looking through the Girls "G" section of my baby name book and came across the German name Guiomar! That is so weird, but kind of cool...Well, that's just me. Claire says it's hideous and that only people in Germany should use it. lol.

It IS hideous! Then again, I don't entirely agree with your choice of names. You do tend to love odd names, which was why you named your daughter Sailor, I guess.

#33 Charity

Charity

Superstar Baby Namer

• Charter Members
  • 706 posts
  • Interests:More than anything else in the world I love being with my family, which includes my amazing husband and our three gorgeous daughters. We are currently expecting number four, and are so excited! I am of course a mother first, but I am a writer second. I am a nut about names and etymology in general. I love reading; I’m a sucker for both the more modern fantasy books, like Harry Potter, and the also classics, like Shakespeare. Music is another thing that I could’ve live without, and I have to say my tastes definitely lean towards modern rock: Nickelback, Hinder, Papa Roach, and Theory of a Deadman are my very favorites. Not too big on television, but I couldn’t live without Lost. I also love cars (and driving them!), and I am the proud “mommy” of a Ford Mustang. I’m also pretty big on talking and I like to see myself as friendly, so I hope to see you around the boards!

Posted 11 April 2008 - 04:27 PM

I kind of like it! How is it pronounced? I can't say I'm very good with German name pronunciations.

#34 Danni

Danni

Superstar Baby Namer

• Charter Members
  • 694 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 05:30 PM

I think it's gwee-oh-marr, but I'm not entirely sure about it.

#35 Charity

Charity

Superstar Baby Namer

• Charter Members
  • 706 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 08:15 PM

I know this probably isn't a "crazy" name, but I came across a woman named "Britten" in the newspaper today and I've never heard it used before... and the one baby name book I have doesn't have it listed. I kind of like it.

#36 Danni

Danni

Superstar Baby Namer

• Charter Members
  • 694 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 08:16 PM

It's not insane, but it IS odd, and I like it...

#37 scarlet520

scarlet520

Expert Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,790 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 08:19 PM

I think it's kinda cute. :lol:

#38 Charity

Charity

Superstar Baby Namer

• Charter Members
  • 706 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 08:33 PM

It's a really nice alternative to names like Britney and all its variations, I think :lol:

#39 scarlet520

scarlet520

Expert Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,790 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 08:38 PM

ick! definitely! Plus all the Britneys out there reminds me of Britney Spears. And I'm really tired of all the nonsense.

#40 Charity

Charity

Superstar Baby Namer

• Charter Members
  • 706 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 08:40 PM

Agreed. Every Britney I know hates their name now because of said correlation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users