• Please log in to reply
327 replies to this topic

#81 Barbie

Barbie

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts
  • Interests:Writing, reading, sign language, riding horses, volunteering, working with children, and teaching martial arts!

Posted 19 June 2015 - 09:00 PM

Melina Kaelyn? Kaelyn is the first middle name

I would say single syllable since Melina is 3 and Kaelyn is 2:

Melina Kaelyn Eve
Melina Kaelyn Skye
Melina Kaelyn Rose
Melina Kaelyn Jade
Melina Grace Kaelyn
Melina Kaelyn Faith
Melina Kaelyn Joy
Hope you like some! :)

Wdyt of my new girl gp: Ridley? An author that I LOVE has a first name of Ridley, and I saw another author with last name Ridley. I am an aspiring author and like it a lot, but especially on a little girl... it reminds me of Riley, which I prefer on a girl too... thoughts?
Thanks!

#82 Addison

Addison

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,122 posts

Posted 20 June 2015 - 05:59 AM

Wdyt of my new girl gp: Ridley? An author that I LOVE has a first name of Ridley, and I saw another author with last name Ridley. I am an aspiring author and like it a lot, but especially on a little girl... it reminds me of Riley, which I prefer on a girl too... thoughts?
Thanks!

I adore Ridley as a name, but prefer it for a boy. Still nice for a girl though, very cool and underused. I'd definitely pair it with something strictly feminine and with a girly touch.

Maybe:

Ridley Eloise

Ridley Maura

Ridley Kathleen

Ridley Hadassah

Ridley Madeline

Ridley Eliana

Ridley Estella

Ridley Sophia

Ridley Maelle

• Barbie likes this

#83 Queenie210

Queenie210

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 21 June 2015 - 10:04 PM

Any time I say Ridley I can only think of a little boy. Unique and I have heard it before. There is a famous director that has that name. Good name. It would be rare for there to be another Ridley in school.

Ok my quick question, I love Elijah not only because its biblical but also because it's a strong name. My name for my boy would be Elijah Davis. Thoughts please. I think it's a good name. Davis is a family name we would like to pass down. I also wonder would it good well with the sibling set I have picked out.

Elijah Davis
Emmalyn Monroe
Emilia Elisabeth

I totally didn't mean to pick all e names but it just worked out that way. Thoughts. Suggestions are welcome.

#84 Addison

Addison

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 7,122 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 06:54 AM

Ok my quick question, I love Elijah not only because its biblical but also because it's a strong name. My name for my boy would be Elijah Davis. Thoughts please. I think it's a good name. Davis is a family name we would like to pass down. I also wonder would it good well with the sibling set I have picked out.

Elijah Davis
Emmalyn Monroe
Emilia Elisabeth

I totally didn't mean to pick all e names but it just worked out that way. Thoughts. Suggestions are welcome.

I love Elijah Davis! It's so handsome. I think it fits with Emmalyn Monroe very well, or it could fit with Emilia, but it doesn't fit with both Emmalyn and Emilia together, those names are so different in style but so similar in sound that it wouldn't work for siblings, sorry! Elijah just seems pulled in so many directions next to both of them.

#85 Queenie210

Queenie210

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 09:51 AM

Thank you very helpful. Then my other idea is this

Elijah Davis
Emmalyn Monroe
Elisabeth (don't know what middle name

Elisabeth with that spelling is my middle name I would like to pass down. But I have no idea if it works with the sibset and what middle name to go with it. Thoughts and suggestions appreciated.

#86 Addison

Addison

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 7,122 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 01:45 PM

Thank you very helpful. Then my other idea is this

Elijah Davis
Emmalyn Monroe
Elisabeth (don't know what middle name

Elisabeth with that spelling is my middle name I would like to pass down. But I have no idea if it works with the sibset and what middle name to go with it. Thoughts and suggestions appreciated.

I adore Elisabeth, but it is too close to Elijah as both firsts imo, sorry! I can suggest some more E names to fit the set with Elisabeth as the mn? Or, Davis Elijah, Emmalyn Monroe, and Elisabeth ___.

Eden Elisabeth

Enid Elisabeth

Ernestine Elisabeth

Estelle Elisabeth

Estella Elisabeth

Estrella Elisabeth

Esther Elisabeth

Etta Elisabeth

Everly Elisabeth

Eva Elisabeth

Eular Elisabeth

Evaline Elisabeth

Evangeline Elisabeth

#87 Laugh-Dream-Love

Laugh-Dream-Love

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 10,799 posts
  • Interests:Watching movies and snuggling with my boyfriend; Writing; Reading; Listening to music; Drawing; Singing

Posted 22 June 2015 - 02:56 PM

I agree with Addy that Elijah and Elisabeth are too close as first names. From her suggestions I like Estella Elisabeth and Esther Elisabeth.

So I think I've decided that I'd like to use the middle names Gwendoline Pearl for my first daughter (whenever that may be), so I was wondering if you had any first name suggestions for me, pretty please and thank you very much :)

#88 Addison

Addison

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 7,122 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 05:50 PM

So I think I've decided that I'd like to use the middle names Gwendoline Pearl for my first daughter (whenever that may be), so I was wondering if you had any first name suggestions for me, pretty please and thank you very much :)

Cute combo! I'll give you a variety of styles of names.

Lola Gwendoline Pearl

Frances Gwendoline Pearl

Juno Gwendoline Pearl

Vera Gwendoline Pearl

Eloise Gwendoline Pearl

Spencer Gwendoline Pearl

Anna Gwendoline Pearl

Freya Gwendoline Pearl

Tila Gwendoline Pearl

Emily Gwendoline Pearl

Nica Gwendoline Pearl

Hadley Gwendoline Pearl

Jolene Gwendoline Pearl

Stella Gwendoline Pearl

Zara Gwendoline Pearl

Bridget Gwendoline Pearl

Ida Gwendoline Pearl

Soho Gwendoline Pearl

Cara Gwendoline Pearl

Althea Gwendoline Pearl

Sadie Gwendoline Pearl

Azula Gwendoline Pearl

Poppy Gwendoline Pearl

Lucia Gwendoline Pearl

Lucy Gwendoline Pearl

Ruthie Gwendoline Pearl

Tatum Gwendoline Pearl

Barbie Gwendoline Pearl

Mercer Gwendoline Pearl

Waverly Gwendoline Pearl

Lolita Gwendoline Pearl

Amelia Gwendoline Pearl

Piper Gwendoline Pearl

Winnie Gwendoline Pearl

Seeley Gwendoline Pearl

Taylor Gwendoline Pearl

Chelsea Gwendoline Pearl

Sarah Gwendoline Pearl

Hattie Gwendoline Pearl

• Laugh-Dream-Love likes this

#89 Queenie210

Queenie210

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 08:38 PM

I need help with a girl name. I like Elisabeth as a middle name. So could you give me suggestions maybe biblical or unique and old. Last name Yancey.

#90 Riley_Jane

Riley_Jane

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Interests:Singing, Acting, Dancing, Writing, Names, Event Planning, Hiking, Fitness, Cooking, Baking, and Exploring new things!

Posted 24 June 2015 - 04:01 PM

I need help with a girl name. I like Elisabeth as a middle name. So could you give me suggestions maybe biblical or unique and old. Last name Yancey.

Biblical
Leah Elisabeth Yancy
Hannah Elisabeth Yancy
Ruth Elisabeth Yancy
Mary Elisabeth Yancy
Rachel Elisabeth Yancy
Esther Elisabeth Yancy
Sarah Elisabeth Yancy
Abigail Elisabeth Yancy
Martha Elisabeth Yancy
Miriam Elisabeth Yancy
Naomi Elisabeth Yancy
Tabitha Elisabeth Yancy
Lydia Elisabeth Yancy
Joanna Elisabeth Yancy
Jezebel Elisabeth Yancy
Claudia Elisabeth Yancy

Unique and old
Marilyn Elisabeth Yancy
Mary-Ellen Elisabeth Yancy
Harriet Elisabeth Yancy
Willa Elisabeth Yancy
Emily Elisabeth Yancy
Berta Elisabeth Yancy
Agatha Elisabeth Yancy
Annabelle Elisabeth Yancy
Nellie Elisabeth Yancy
Bridget Elisabeth Yancy

My quick question: It isn't about a specific name, but names in general. I hear all this hype on other websites and polls about how children will be picked on for their name. But I have never known anyone past or present that have ever been made fun of for their name. Is it really that common that kids are bullied about their names or is it just a constant worry?

#91 Addison

Addison

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 7,122 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 04:14 PM

My quick question: It isn't about a specific name, but names in general. I hear all this hype on other websites and polls about how children will be picked on for their name. But I have never known anyone past or present that have ever been made fun of for their name. Is it really that common that kids are bullied about their names or is it just a constant worry?

I don't think it happens as often as people say/worry about, nor do I think that it is something the parents can control, but it is something to consider. More extreme names would get made fun of. Like, if you named you child Dick, though a handsome name, I can imagine middle school would be rough. Or gave them initials that spelled something offensive. But I don't think people would make fun on a boy named Ananias just because it's uncommon, etc. And I'd say about half of the "making-fun" is the loving, happy kind from friends, ie I had a friend named Pierra and nobody where we lived could/would properly say her name (they said peer-uh, not pee-yair-uh), so we mispronounced her name just for laughs. But it wasn't bullying and didn't bother her a bit, she enjoyed it.

#92 Addison

Addison

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 7,122 posts

Posted 28 June 2015 - 01:15 PM

Been obsessed with Virgil Grey lately...would it be terrible to meet a little boy by that name?

#93 Laugh-Dream-Love

Laugh-Dream-Love

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 10,799 posts
  • Interests:Watching movies and snuggling with my boyfriend; Writing; Reading; Listening to music; Drawing; Singing

Posted 28 June 2015 - 03:57 PM

I'm not a huge fan of Virgil, it feels out-dated and grandpa-ish to me, but it's not the worst name out there, and I think meeting a little Virgil would be refreshing among all the Aidens and Jacksons. I think Grey makes a great middle name for it, and it modernises the name a little.

What are your thoughts on the double first name Jack Theo?

#94 Addison

Addison

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 7,122 posts

Posted 28 June 2015 - 04:15 PM

I adore Jack Theo. I think it is very handsome. Unconventional, but not weird. I actually just now used it in a CAF, lol <3

• Laugh-Dream-Love likes this

#95 Addison

Addison

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 7,122 posts

Posted 28 June 2015 - 04:16 PM

What do you think of names like Jean-Marc and Gianmarco, Jean-Paul and Gianpaolo, Jean-Francois and Gianfranco, etc? (obviously don't mean them as sibsets, I mean individualy. Compared to, say John-Mark and likewise)

#96 joanatorna

joanatorna

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 12:48 PM

I SAY GABRIELLE ROWAN PAGE, U CAN ALWAYS CALL BABY ROWAN IF YOU'D LIKE.

#97 joanatorna

joanatorna

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 12:51 PM

FOR MY BOY'S NAME I CAME UP WITH THE NAME TYONN JAXON GILMORE. YES I MADE THIS UP I STILL HAVE YET TO SEE IT ON A BABY PAGE. THE FATHERS NAME IS TYLER JOSHUA, MY NAME IS JOANNA TORNA. SO IT HAS BOTH OUR INITIALS. MY FIRST BORN IS JAZMIN TALEA & IF ITS A GIRL I DECIDED TYANNA JEZALIN TY FOR TYLER AND ANNA FOR JOANNA. I PRETTY MUCH COMBINED BOTH OUT NAMES. AND TYON HONESTLY BECAUSE IM HISPANIC AND HE IS AA, AND WANTED SOMETHING WE COULD BOTH PRONOUNCE AND MY MOTHER COULD SAY IN SPANISH AS WELL. IT TOOK A VERY LONG TIME AND WAS A VERY STRESSFUL PROCESS FOR US TO PLEASE PEOPLE AND OURSELVES. SOMETIMES YOU JUST HAVE TO GET VERY CREATIVE & TAKE YOUR TIME. I LITERALLY WANT THROUGH EVERY NAME AND ADDED A T TO THE BEGINNING OR WOULD CHANGE LETTERS AROUND. GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!

#98 joanatorna

joanatorna

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 12:52 PM

FYI:: I THINK TIAGO IS ADORABLE. I ALSO LIKE TIEGO. I LOVE TO PUT A SPIN ON A NORMAL NAME CHANGE A LETTER AND MAKE IT SOMETHING TOTALLY DIFFERENT AND UNSCENE =) ITS ALL ABOUT IDENTITY TO ME. AND OWNING IT!

#99 Barbie

Barbie

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,617 posts
  • Interests:Writing, reading, sign language, riding horses, volunteering, working with children, and teaching martial arts!

Posted 30 June 2015 - 03:00 PM

What do you think of names like Jean-Marc and Gianmarco, Jean-Paul and Gianpaolo, Jean-Francois and Gianfranco, etc? (obviously don't mean them as sibsets, I mean individualy. Compared to, say John-Mark and likewise)

Well, they definitely sound French, and I am personally not a fan of Jean on a boy or of double first names. They are certainly nice, however, and I can picture them on an older gentleman... just not sure about a young child or teen. idk... I do like John-Mark though. :)

What do you think of the sibset: Asher Theodore Finn & Tobias Lincoln Wilder nn Toby??? Each name has some kind of honoring significance.

#100 Barbie

Barbie

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 08:55 PM

Can I add to my above question...

WDYT about the boys name Dustin? Fn/mn preference?
Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users