• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 thirdtimeacharm

thirdtimeacharm

Novice Baby Namer

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 02:24 PM

Our baby died. We did not know the sex yet when the miscarriage happened. It was one week ago. I feel a desparate need to name this baby, to cope with the loss. In past when I suffered miscarriages I just went with my gut and named it what felt right, but I also felt the loss a lot less. And my kids were not involved. This time it feels like a very significant loss, it's really affecting our whole family and I think a name would help with closure for all of us.
Any gender neutral name ideas?
Thank you in advance.

#2 Rylee's Mommy

Rylee's Mommy

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 825 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 06:20 PM

i'm so sorry for your loss. i lost a baby almost a year ago (july17 2009) we never found out the gender (the baby stopped growing at about 6 wks or so) For some reason I have a gut feeling that it was a little girl (the only name i ever came up with was a girl's name) i'm not really sure about names, but i'll give it a shot

Taylor
Dakota
Kennedy
Reagan
Mackenzie
Casey
Riley
Addison
Sawyer
Shiloh
Grayson
Alex
Jordan

I hope these helped. These are just some names that i consider gender neutral, You might not feel the same about them.

#3 Mojo

Mojo

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • Interests:Piano<br /><br />Movies (I love martial arts movies* The new Karate Kid is pretty cool*)<br /><br />Cooking (Mostly Chinese food.)<br /><br />World travel<br /><br />Korean pop music<br /><br />Asian cultures (Asian History)<br /><br />Baby names! (My hobby.)

Posted 12 July 2010 - 07:12 PM

I am so very sorry for your loss. Here are some names to help you out.

Ali
Mackenzie
Dallas
Quimby
Dylan
Jade
Francis
Jesse
Ashton
Jamie
Angel
Tory
Shay
Jean
Brook
Avery
Emery......

Hope i helped you. If you call on his name Jesus will help you!

#4 thirdtimeacharm

thirdtimeacharm

Novice Baby Namer

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 08:11 PM

Thank you for the name suggestions. I don't think I would ask someone like Jesus for help since don't Christians believe Jesus is God and God chooses who lives and dies? So essentially yo uwant me to ask who took my child, to help me get over their loss? No thanks. I'm not a Christian and that's just one of the reasons why...it seems contradictory to me. I'm glad you find comfort in it, that's wonderful.

Back on topic.
Dylan is the name of one of our past miscarried babies, I liked that name.
I know my husband has always liked Jesse as a name. Angel is pretty fitting; I like Avery as well. I wil have to talk to him and see which he likes. Thank you.

#5 Riley-Kate

Riley-Kate

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts
  • Interests:Acting<br />Dancing<br />Singing<br />

Posted 12 July 2010 - 08:11 PM

I am so sorry for your loss.

Some names I would suggest would be:

Taylor
Jordan/Jordyn
Riley
Avery

More masculine, but could be both:
Jamie
Ashton
Grayson
Dylan

More feminine, but could be both:
Dakota
Dallas
Carly
Makenzie

I really like the combos:

Avery Jordyn
Dallas Jordyn
Dakota Makenzie
Riley Jordyn
Taylor Ryan
Taylor Dallas
Dallas Taylor
Avery Taylor
Taylor Avery

My Favorites are definitely:

Avery Taylor
Dallas Taylor
Taylor Jordyn
Avery Jordyn

I really like Avery, Taylor, and Jordyn because those are the most gender neutral.

#6 kelsie__

kelsie__

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 07:00 AM

I'm very so sorry for your loss. I have never experienced losing a baby in the family. But here are some names that I really cherish:

Keshia Renee. I had an aunt named Keshia Renee. She was 6 or 7 years older than me. She died when she was almost 18. She was a hospice patient and she had a lot of medical problems. She was a lot smaller than me her whole life. I wad taller than her when I was 7. But, she is special to me. Hope you like the name.

I also like:
Summer Kiley Nicole.

Lately, I have liked the name Jordan for a girl. Only for a middle name. I also the name Dakota for a girl or boy. I like Stephen Dakota for a boy. I have always liked Taylor Kaylen Faith.

I hope you like these. I will pray for you and your family. God Bless!

-lovely123

#7 magpie

magpie

Novice Baby Namer

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 07:49 AM

I'm sorry
when I lost my baby we named him/her payton lee
after our favorite book and my boyfriends brother

my mom thinks I'm stupid and immature for naming him, I hope your family is more supportive

#8 thirdandfinal

thirdandfinal

Notable Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • Interests:scrapbooking, photography, reading, movies, camping, family time.

Posted 03 July 2011 - 10:40 AM

Wow I couldn't remember my old member name, so I rejoined under this name. This is me.
In the end, we remember them as Baby. Our daughter often refers back to the time we went to the doctor and Mommy cried a lot and Baby wasn't in my tummy anymore; she refers to them always as Baby. Also my mother in law's cat, who was around for 16 years, was called Baby and my daughter assumed we named this baby after that Baby, so really took BABY as the name not just as a noun.
One more reason I was so determined to have this present child named asap, and determined to find out the sex, so that we could stop referring to them as baby and use their name (Elaina).

I'm so happy we were able to conceive again. My Elaina is doing so great, and I'm 21 weeks now. She keeps me feeling confident with all her little pokes and prods in there, and everytime we go to the ob her heart rate is so easy to find - she's a strong one! She was sucking her thumb at her 14 week ultrasound, and shaking her fist at us at her 20 week one lol. So sweet.
I still have my pregnancy journal and memories of Baby. But I'm so completely over the moon that we get to have Elaina in our lives in a few months.
Baby will always be in our hearts.
Thank you for being supportive.

#9 brittany111

brittany111

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,912 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 10:20 PM

<3 S.A.M <3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users