6 replies to this topic

#1 EmilyA

EmilyA

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 03:44 PM

I hope everyone had a great Christmas and a wonderful New Years! 

I've spent the past couple of days looking at baby girl's name in depth. 

What really has been sparking my interest is how lovely it sounds with the boys and how right at home it feels to say.

Coincidentally, the first baby born on New Years in our county was named this and the paper put the heading as "Hey There, _______". I couldn't help but think of how precious and soft it sounded. It may have a bad rep but what name doesn't? 

If you haven't guessed what the name is yet, due to the uber popular song, then here you go!

Delilah Kate

As for the middle name you ask? Kate is after Craig's grandmother, Katherine. Some double brownie points because Kate Spade is one of my favorite designers. So we kind of hit two birds with one stone in this stunning combo for our little girl. 

While it may not match the pattern of a short first name and long middle name, we know that this is THE perfect name for her. 

We can't wait to meet you Delilah!  :wub: 

• Laugh-Dream-Love, BabyNameRater, Madi Wolf Princess <3 and 2 others like this

#2 Bunko0

Bunko0

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 04:10 PM

Hooray! Great name!

#3 nessielove

nessielove

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 04:17 PM

That's so pretty! And her initials will be DK, like Donkey Kong! Not a bad connection, if you ask me. ;) I suppose only nerds like me will make that association, though.

I really do love it, all jokes aside. Delilah is pretty, vintage, and underused. It's beautiful as a full name, and the nn's Della and Lilah are darling. What a wonderfully named princess you'll have!

#4 EmilyA

EmilyA

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 04:28 PM

That's so pretty! And her initials will be DK, like Donkey Kong! Not a bad connection, if you ask me. ;) I suppose only nerds like me will make that association, though.

I really do love it, all jokes aside. Delilah is pretty, vintage, and underused. It's beautiful as a full name, and the nn's Della and Lilah are darling. What a wonderfully named princess you'll have!

Nerds unite! I love Donkey Kong and I just realized that connection! Oh well. Thank you!  :D 

#5 ßlush

ßlush

Distinguished Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts
  • Interests:Paying off student loans & over-priced coffee.

Posted 07 January 2014 - 01:43 AM

Aw yay! Delilah Kate is lovely. :) Also, I love the nickname Della!

#6 Kiyeranne

Kiyeranne

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Interests:Thesauruses, the rain. Making up new words. The word phantasmagorical. Rose petals. The sound of a baby laughing. When someone smiles at you and the whole world stops for a second. Talking to Jelly Bean. Life in general. Nutella. Chocolate. Galaxy chocolate to be specific. Due date August 2nd, 2014

Posted 07 January 2014 - 03:27 PM

Awe! Delilah Kate is a beautiful name! I love the nicknames Lila and Della too cx

#7 Laugh-Dream-Love

Laugh-Dream-Love

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,799 posts
  • Interests:Watching movies and snuggling with my boyfriend; Writing; Reading; Listening to music; Drawing; Singing

Posted 08 January 2014 - 03:42 PM

Hayes, Easton, and Delilah is wonderful! Yay for choosing a name! :-)
  • EmilyA likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users