5 replies to this topic

#1 Aliame

Aliame

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 07:28 PM

My husband and i have been talking about names. He only likes a few of the names on my list (i'll put a ** by those names). But i was wondering what other people thought. So here they are:
Boys
Gabriel Lucas **(instead of shorting it to gabe sometimes, hubby wants to use Gus .. beginning of his first name and ending of his middle name)
Dexter Atticus**
Brady Laurent
Charles Linton (charlie)
Craig Matthias
Levi Maverick
Benjamin Craig or Benjamin Linton** (Ben)
Titus Alexander
Chandler Matthias

Anna Grace or Hannah Grace**
Cordelia Hope (delia)
Morgan Bailey
Bailey Wren**
Rachel Faith
Alex Jacqueline
Viola Madeline
Adelaide Elizabeth (addie)
Veronica Bailey (ronnie?)

#2 Anny

Anny

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 03:57 AM

Gabriel Lucas **(instead of shorting it to gabe sometimes, hubby wants to use Gus .. beginning of his first name and ending of his middle name) ~~~ Gus as nn for Gabriel? Don't like that one! Lucas doesn't seem to fit, Gabriel ending with 'L' and Lucas starting with 'L'; other way around would work great thought Lucas Gabriel (that reminds me of someone but I don't remember who)
Dexter Atticus** ~~~ like the name Dexter, but Atticus adds more harshness to it.
Brady Laurent ~~~ handsome, like it
Charles Linton (charlie) ~~~ Not a fan of Charles, never was and never will.
Craig Matthias ~~~ Love it, especially that you want to use the original form of Matthew.
Levi Maverick ~~~ Great flow, love them together!
Benjamin Craig or Benjamin Linton** (Ben) ~~~ Craig would be my pick. I love the name Benjamin, such a handsome name! Favorite from your boys list :)
Titus Alexander ~~~ I love Roman names and Titus is one of my favorites! But I wouldn't use it because it is too harsh sound for my style.
Chandler Matthias ~~~ Don't like that one. Chandler reminds of 'Chandler' from Friends and he was made of his name a lot!

Anna Grace or Hannah Grace** ~~~ Hannah would be my pick. But a bit boring.
Cordelia Hope (delia) ~~~ Cordelia is one of my favorites because of its nn Delia, it is really sweet. Other NNs would be Cori or Cordi or similar spelling. Hope sounds great with it! Favorite from your girls list :) I have Cordilia Rosalie on my favorites list (I have spelling issues since I am from Germany and we pronounce words differently, but most of the time I prefer the English pronouncation.)
Morgan Bailey ~~~ nice flow
Bailey Wren** ~~~ nice flow. But Wren always reminds me of Christopher Wren, famous English architect in the 17th century. But I am getting used to Wren being a name, right now only mn.
Rachel Faith ~~~ mmh, don't think this combo works, doesn't really flow.
Alex Jacqueline ~~~ Don't like this combo. I know a girl with the name Alix, but I still think of it as a boys name. Never was a fan of Jacqueline, in Germany it is a name a lot of people make fun of (it is pronounced differently over here) because some tacky people would use it because it looks elegant and they want to be more upper class. But the sad thing is, they wouldn't pronounce it the way it should be, they would pronounce it the way it is spelled. That isn't usually the case with French names.
Viola Madeline ~~~ Like it, but not my favorite. Somehow I am not really a huge fan of Viola, or Violet.
Adelaide Elizabeth (addie) ~~~ Love the name Adelaide (only in English though), but Elizabeth might be too long! How about just Elise or Eliza?
Veronica Bailey (ronnie?) ~~~ Not a fan of Veronica nn Ronnie. Verona or Verena would be cute though. Other than that, nice flow.

#3 Starlight

Starlight

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 07:39 AM

Gabriel Lucas: I dont like Gabriel sorry.. & cant stand the nn Gus.. its too old fashioned. Love Lucas though.
Dexter Atticus: Nice.
Brady Laurent: I would prefer Brody. Laurent reminds me of the Guy from the Twilight Saga too.. its a shame that it ruined so many good names for me..
Charles Linton: Linton isnt my cup of tea.. actually it reminds me of ironing.
Craig Matthias: Love it :)
Levi Maverick: I am biast with Levi but I do adore the name :) <3
Benjamin Craig or Benjamin Linton: Benjamin Craig!!! :P Very handsome.
Titus Alexander: Prefer it the other way around as it flows better in my opinion.
Chandler Matthias: Cute.

]Anna Grace or Hannah Grace: Haha, such similar first names :) Its kinda like me with the names Sienna & Sierra. can never decide which one I like better and its annoying :) I do prefer Hannah Grace. You could always use Anna as a nickname?!
Cordelia Hope: I like that this is a fuller first name. I love Hope too.
Morgan Bailey: Very unisex.. Hearing this the child really could be a male or a female. Either use a more Girly first name or middle name because its just way to unisex. :/
Bailey Wren: Bailey is nice. I prefer it on a Boy. Again this name is very unisex. Bailey Victoria would be nice.
Rachel Faith: Loooove. :)
Alex Jacqueline: Great name!
Viola Madeline: Ooooh. My favorite from your list :) Very pretty!!
Adelaide Elizabeth: Really like this name too :)
Veronica Bailey: Nice first name to go with Bailey and certainly more Girly!! Ronnie reminds me of the last song haha.

#4 Katie-Nana

Katie-Nana

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,652 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 02:02 PM

Gabriel Lucas nn Gus - I LOVE the idea of using Gus as a nickname :) Great combo.
Dexter Atticus- I really like this combo...Dexter & Gus would be a awesome sib set.
Brady Laurent - I'm not a huge fan of Brady but I really like Laurent and the combo is nice.
Charles Linton (charlie) - I LOVE the nn Charlie (if only my sister hadn't married one :\) I like Linton but prefer Litton...it is a bit easier to say for me Linton always ends up Litton anyway.
Craig Matthias - Great combo. Craig is not my favorite but goes great with Matthias.
Levi Maverick - <3
Benjamin Craig or Benjamin Linton (Ben) - Benjamin Linton is a bit rhymy...I'd go with Craig
Titus Alexander - <3 <3
Chandler Matthias -m<3<3 I like this more than Craig.

Anna Grace or Hannah Grace** Anna has always been a favorite of mine and Anna Grace is lovely.
Cordelia Hope (delia) <3 LOVE LOVE LOVE Cordelia :)
Morgan Bailey - Both Morgan & Bailey are just eh for me, though they sound nice together.
Bailey Wren - LOVE Wren...my vote would go to Wren Bailey :)
Rachel Faith - Okay. Something about this combo is just off :\
Alex Jacqueline - Something about the Lex Jacq sound together is off (what about Alex Faith & Rachel Jacqueline?)
Viola Madeline - Lovely
Adelaide Elizabeth (addie) - <3
Veronica Bailey (ronnie?) - Very rhymic :P I love the nn Ronnie for a girl.

#5 Aliame

Aliame

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 03:24 PM

Thank you guys for the comments and thoughts!! Keep them coming!

When i think of Gus, it always reminds me of the fat mouse on disney's cinderella. Gus-Gus LOL .. but hubby hates the nickname Gabe because to him it sounds too much like "gay". I think i would end up calling him gabriel most of the time anyways lol

I didn't realize that morgan bailey was such a unisex name. To me both have always been girls in my mind. too funny

And BTW, the reason why Linton keeps showing up because its a family name on the hub side of the family... so im working on including it without it being a first name. No one can blame me for that im sure.

#6 kate_93

kate_93

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 01:11 PM

My Favorites
Gabriel Lucas- I love both of these names, I prefer Gabriel as a middle name but I do like Gabriel Lucas
Dexter Atticus- I really like this combo, I'm not sure if I would use it but I do like it
Brady Laurent- I love the middle name Laurent and Brady is growing on me
Cordelia Hope (delia)- I love the first name, I'm not a big fan of Hope though
Morgan Bailey- I LOVE this name
Bailey Wren- I love Bailey not so much Wren
Viola Madeline- Adorable!! I really like Viola
Adelaide Elizabeth (addie)- I'm starting to like Adelaide a lot but I personally do not like Elizabeth

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users