• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 holt2010

holt2010

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 09:36 PM

The struggle to come up with middle names is real. Our son will be named Ethan. Theres a lot of family pressure to use my husbands middle name of Wayne but I really dont want to even though my son would be the fourth generation to have it. Other possible middle names include Sawyer, Jesse (husband), or Ryan (my brother).

#2 Kristi18

Kristi18

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Name Games Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,906 posts
  • Interests:Spending life with my husband.
    Cuddling with my kids.
    Hanging with my family.
    Enjoying God's creation.
    Laughing with friends.

Posted 08 January 2019 - 04:05 PM

The reality of using the middle name is, it doesn't get used often. You may holler it when he is in trouble or you are trying to get his attention. It may be used when he graduates and/or gets married. That's pretty much it. What does your husband like? Does he want to carry on the tradition. If he does, Ethan Wayne is not a bad name. If he isn't sold, consider starting your own tradition. Maybe use a grandfather's name as his middle name. Or, just pick something you really love.

From your list, here is what I like, in order.

1. Ethan Sawyer

2. Ethan Ryan

3. Ethan Wayne

4. Ethan Jesse

I also like Ethan Wade, very similar to Wayne.

Good luck!

#3 DanielleH

DanielleH

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 13 January 2019 - 09:57 AM

Hello! If you don't want to use Wayne, don't use it! It's your baby, your choice! Both mom and dad should pick a name they love! From your list, I really like Ethan Sawyer. It sounds very handsome and strong. Ethan Wade is a great suggestion.

More ideas: Ethan Wallace, Ethan Walker, Ethan Watson, Ethan Warren, Ethan Blaine, Ethan Crane, Ethan Shayne, Ethan Zane, Ethan Caine

Good luck!

#4 ezj

ezj

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 14 January 2019 - 11:57 PM

Any of those middle names would work.

I also like: Ethan James, Ethan Finley, Ethan Tobias, Ethan Matthias, Ethan Alexander

^ But that doesn't help narrow down your list

When I choose middle names, I like to consider the meanings as well as the flow of the names together.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users