What do you think of the name Chayton for a boy?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Kari_*

Guest_Kari_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 August 2008 - 10:03 AM

Does the name Chayton sound good? It is Sioux and it means Falcon. What do you all think? Please be honest.

#2 Smile

Smile

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 10:07 AM

It's honestly not my style at all. I don't like the y in it and it doesn't sound like much of a namne to me even though it is. the Chayt sound isn't very attractive to me, I'm not sure why. It sounds like if Chate were a word, i was chayting or something, I dont' know. I don't think it's a bad name or will cause problems, it's just not a name for me.

#3 ~Liz~

~Liz~

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts
  • Interests:My top peeve is when people use offensive, sacrilegious names that are supposedly Native American but aren't, just to be cool. Please, ASK about the culture before you name your kid Dakota, Cheyenne, Nayeli, etc.

Posted 06 August 2008 - 10:47 AM

I love Native American names. I think Chayton is a very nice name for a boy. My favorite male Native name is Takoda, which means "friend of everybody", it is also Sioux.

Please do be careful when researching Native American names online; a LOT of names that are in Native American baby name listings are not Native American names at all. Also I'd just like to respectfully remind you that one is not allowed to name a child a Native name unless they are Native themselves, usually unless the name in mind is from their own Native tribe, and unless they're had the name blessed by their own tribal elder, in case you didn't know already.

But yes, Chayton is a wonderful name =)

#4 Guest_bellasbellas_*

Guest_bellasbellas_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 August 2008 - 01:16 PM

I think it's really nice. I like it's uniqueness. And it's not super crazy.

#5 Sylvana

Sylvana

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 01:50 PM

I never heard it as a name. But don't like it. Don't like the sound of it and its just not my style at all.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users