5 replies to this topic

#1 OhBaby!!19

OhBaby!!19

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 January 2019 - 07:20 AM

Hello all :)

We are expecting a baby boy in July! We had the girl name picked out, my maiden name, but we had been struggling with a boy name because a couple family members do not like the one we initially picked out and love, and well since it is a BOY, we just want to make sure to explore our options before deciding.

The name I am asking about is Eli Jaxton (LN. Jones) I am mainly wanting to know how Jaxton sounds to someone else, as I already know we love Eli. We wanted Jackson, but my best friend is struggling to get pregnant and informed me that was her top pick baby name, and I couldn't do that to her when Jackson just popped into our heads and I text her afterwards, and she told me that. So new plan. So what about Jaxton??? We have thought of other middle names as well.

The name a couple people do not like is Rhett Ellis (Jones). 95% of my family/friends love it, the other, mainly the older generation, not so much. Haha. However if that's what feels right, that is what his name with be.

So what do y'all think? (We do live in the south, if you couldn't tell by 'y'all') Thank you! :)

#2 Syddder19

Syddder19

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 January 2019 - 03:31 PM

I know this goes almost completely against what youre asking but I LOVE Rhett Eli !

#3 Laney

Laney

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,283 posts
  • Interests:Baby names, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, Jem cartoon, ER, CSI: Miami, Full House, Sailor Moon (original anime and live-action), Flashpoint, Felicity, ID channel, Food Network baking competitions, MasterChef/MasterChef Junior/Junior MasterChef Australia, movies (mostly 80's and 90's), writing/reading fan-fiction, baking, vegan cooking, photography, traveling, cats, books and tv shows/movies about female murderers, swimming, bowling, drawing, surfing the internet, forensics, Netflix, 80's and 90's music, picture editing, shopping, coffee (decaf mostly, but I love mocha Frappuccinos too)

Posted 31 January 2019 - 04:25 PM

Eli is a great name.  It's a classic so it'll sound good no matter what age your son is.  Jaxton looks made up and people will mistake it for Jackson.   As for your other choice, I'm not a fan of Rhett (Gone With The Wind aside), but it's not bad and I like Ellis as a middle name.

#4 DanielleH

DanielleH

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 01 February 2019 - 08:25 PM

Eli is a very handsome name! I'm not crazy about Rhett, but Ellis is really nice.
I wouldn't use Jaxton... Jackson is amazing! Eli Jackson would be perfect. However, Jaxton is not a good alternative, in my opinion. It will be mispronounced and misspelled.
If you're planing on using Jackson as a middle name and your friend as a first name, is that a big problem? Your children will have different names. What if your friend never has a boy or changes her mind about the name?

Suggestions:
Eli Jacob
Eli Jacques
Eli Jameson
Eli Jared
Eli Jasper
Eli Judson
Eli Hudson
Eli Paxton
Eli Grayson
Eli Harrison
Eli Jason
Eli Samson

Good luck!

#5 -Tara

-Tara

Epic Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 18 February 2019 - 01:01 AM

maybe ask your friend if she is ok with you using Jackson as the middle name? maybe she will understand that you love the name also.

Eli Jaxon

Eli Jackson

Eli Rhett or Rhett Eli

Either way name your son what you love! in the end it will not matter to anyone else. People will Get over it!!

Best of Luck and Congrats!!

#6 Stoic

Stoic

Novice Baby Namer

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 07:24 PM

Hello all :)

We are expecting a baby boy in July! We had the girl name picked out, my maiden name, but we had been struggling with a boy name because a couple family members do not like the one we initially picked out and love, and well since it is a BOY, we just want to make sure to explore our options before deciding.

The name I am asking about is Eli Jaxton (LN. Jones) I am mainly wanting to know how Jaxton sounds to someone else, as I already know we love Eli. We wanted Jackson, but my best friend is struggling to get pregnant and informed me that was her top pick baby name, and I couldn't do that to her when Jackson just popped into our heads and I text her afterwards, and she told me that. So new plan. So what about Jaxton??? We have thought of other middle names as well.

The name a couple people do not like is Rhett Ellis (Jones). 95% of my family/friends love it, the other, mainly the older generation, not so much. Haha. However if that's what feels right, that is what his name with be.

So what do y'all think? (We do live in the south, if you couldn't tell by 'y'all') Thank you! :)

Eli is a very handsome name! I'm not crazy about Rhett, but Ellis is really nice.
I wouldn't use Jaxton... Jackson is amazing! Eli Jackson would be perfect. However, Jaxton is not a good alternative, in my opinion. It will be mispronounced and misspelled.
If you're planing on using Jackson as a middle name and your friend as a first name, is that a big problem? Your children will have different names. What if your friend never has a boy or changes her mind about the name?

Suggestions:
Eli Jacob
Eli Jacques
Eli Jameson
Eli Jared
Eli Jasper
Eli Judson
Eli Hudson
Eli Paxton
Eli Grayson
Eli Harrison
Eli Jason