10 replies to this topic

#1 ashooles

ashooles

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,952 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:11 PM

What do you think of the name Genevieve Isla? It's currently a name I've absolutely fallen in love with. I don't hear either name all that often and.. I just really like it. Opinions?

Other ideas I've also had are:

Isla Michelle
Nora Annabel
Genevieve Nora
Nora Genevieve

Thoughts?

#2 Katie-Nana

Katie-Nana

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Super Moderators
  • 6,652 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:55 PM

I always seem to want to put the longer name in the middle name spot. So when I saw Genevieve Isla, I automatically want to switch it to Isla Genevieve, although there is nothing really wrong with the flow of Genevieve Isla.

I agree that both names are gorgeous. I also think Isla Michelle & Nora Genevieve (or Genevieve Nora) are lovely.

#3 EmilyA

EmilyA

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 05:21 PM

I love both of these names! Like Katie mentioned, I too, automatically want to switch it around to Isla Genevieve. Very elegant.
  • xxThePumpkinQueenxx likes this

#4 Lrprevost

Lrprevost

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 06:37 PM

I love all of these names! Nora and Genevieve are both on my list. :) Nora Genevieve and Isla Genevieve are probably my favorite. Are you ok with people calling her Jen/Genny (whatever) if you name her Genevieve though?

#5 xxThePumpkinQueenxx

xxThePumpkinQueenxx

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,712 posts
  • Interests:singing, writing, reading, psychology, science, math, forensics, children, going to church, being with my family and SEC football. War Eagle!

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:00 PM

I love both of these names! Like Katie mentioned, I too, automatically want to switch it around to Isla Genevieve. Very elegant.

I'm with them both. I automatically want to switch it around

#6 ashooles

ashooles

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 5,952 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 02:06 PM

Thanks everyone :)

I also like Isla Genevieve, I don't know, I just really like it the other way around at the moment.

As for a nn. I was thinking Genna if a nn was to arise. I'm not too keen on nn's personally, though. I don't go searching for them, anyway.

#7 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 7,884 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:09 PM

Genevieve Isla is gorgeous! The names suit each other beautifully :) <3

#8 rhaego

rhaego

Epic Baby Namer

• Charter Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,896 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:28 AM

I agree with everyone else, my reaction was to flip it to Isla Genevieve. But both names are gorgeous and really some of my favorites and they go nicely together! :) I feel the exact same way about Genevieve Nora and Nora Genevieve! Gorgeous. Nora Annabel has a bit of a pronunciation issue for me, with the two 'a' sounds next to one another. Annabel Nora would be great though! I'm not much a fan of Michelle, it seems dated to me, but the flow of Isla Michelle is spot on!

#9 Sami Marie

Sami Marie

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  • Interests:Names
    Movies
    Music
    Family

Posted 26 December 2012 - 01:41 PM

Genevieve Isla isnt my style but I love Genevieve. I'm just not a fan of Isla. I prefer the other idea of Genevieve Nora.
Isla Michelle flows better to me. I also prefer Nora Genevieve over Nora Annabel.

#10 Meghan<3

Meghan<3

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,823 posts
  • Interests:Baby names, writing, reading, animals

Posted 26 December 2012 - 04:50 PM

Hmm... I agree, Isla Genevieve has the better flow. Genevieve Isla isn't bad though, just a bit disjointed, in my opinion.

Isla Michelle - I'm not crazy about Michelle... it does seem to be a bit of a "filler middle", but this is nevertheless a nice combo.

Nora Annabel - I think the "-a" that ends Nora and the "a-" that begins Annabel clash a little. Both names are sweet, though.

Genevieve Nora / Nora Genevieve - Again, I think Nora Genevieve sounds better. Pretty combo!

#11 pearfaced234

pearfaced234

Novice Baby Namer

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Interests:My adorable little girl Eleanor Nymph Diana who I dote on, I swear she's the most spoilt baby ever but she doesn't cry often. She was born Jan 20th 2012, best day of my life :)

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:03 PM

Isla Genevieve is beautiful, and Genna or Genny makes quite a good nickname. I prefer Isle as a nickname, though, but Isla is quite short so you might not need a nickname
... I'm rambling aren't I.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: name

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users