• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 mia520r0bins0n

mia520r0bins0n

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 10:14 AM

I have really been into the name Madelyn for years, for a girl. I had two boys Royce and Ryan. I am now hoping for a girl lol. My husband likes Madelyn now, but now I like Raelyn too. It is different and also an 'R' name though the R's were never intentional. I like Grace as the middle name but my husband does not like Grace at all. Raelyn Grace or Madelyn Grace.... or my husband likes Madelyn Mae. I am going crazy trying to debate and I dont know if I should continue to debate the names or agree with Madelyn. I really like both. Any imput between the two would help me in my decicion.  :blush: 

#2 Katie-Nana

Katie-Nana

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,652 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 10:38 AM

Since both your older children are boys, I don't think you necessarily have to continue the R trend for a girl.  What does your husband think of Raelyn?

Personally I prefer Madelyn.  Madelyn Grace or Madelyn Mae are both nice. 

I debated back and forth between our top two boy names up until I was 9 months pregnant when I was pregnant with our first. I loved them both and couldn't decide.  Finally I thought, if I never had another son, which name would I regret not using more? And that helped me decide.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

#3 mia520r0bins0n

mia520r0bins0n

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 10:51 AM

Since both your older children are boys, I don't think you necessarily have to continue the R trend for a girl.  What does your husband think of Raelyn?

Personally I prefer Madelyn.  Madelyn Grace or Madelyn Mae are both nice. 

I debated back and forth between our top two boy names up until I was 9 months pregnant when I was pregnant with our first. I loved them both and couldn't decide.  Finally I thought, if I never had another son, which name would I regret not using more? And that helped me decide.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

He does not like Raelyn. And agreed the R's dont really matter to me. I always liked the name Madelyn but now Raelyn is up there too. lol I am so undecided. I know he doesnt like Raelyn but he didnt like Madelyn before either and now he does lol.

#4 latsyrc

latsyrc

Distinguished Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 03:19 PM

Madelyn Rae

#5 Katie-Nana

Katie-Nana

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,652 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 10:57 AM

He does not like Raelyn. And agreed the R's dont really matter to me. I always liked the name Madelyn but now Raelyn is up there too. lol I am so undecided. I know he doesnt like Raelyn but he didnt like Madelyn before either and now he does lol.

Ha, that is how Ben felt about Wiley's name, he didn't like it at first but it grew on him.  This time we are having a girl and the debate is all about the middle name, its so much harder the second time around (for me) when you have sibling names to consider. 

#6 mia520r0bins0n

mia520r0bins0n

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 06:40 PM

Haha yeah I want Grace but he doesn't like it as a middle name. I never liked the name grace but for a middle name I really like it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users