6 replies to this topic

#1 Anny

Anny

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 10:31 AM

Ever since my grandma died I wanted to honor her by using her names: Rita Charlotte Emilie. Well, her 2 middle names are already used, but not Rita. I am not really a fan of it, so I thought a variation would be nice.

First I thought of Marita. Idk, not really a fan of Mary or Marie as nn.

But recently I thought of Rosita! It kind of combines Rosalie, which I love, and Rita. So, what do you think of it? (despite the connection to my grandma!) Do you like or dislike it? Too old, maybe? I am just not sure about it...
If you like it, what middle name would fit to it?

Do you know any other variations of the name Rita?
Any suggestions are very much appreciated!!!

#2 Meghan<3

Meghan<3

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,823 posts
  • Interests:Baby names, writing, reading, animals

Posted 27 December 2011 - 10:43 AM

First of all, I am very sorry for the loss of your grandma. I am very close to my grandmother, so I can only imagine how painful it is for you. But it's sweet you want to honor her!

I like Rosita, and Rosie is a cute nickname.

Here are other girl names ending in -ita:

Anita
Bonita
Carlita
Evita
Lilita
Lolita
Marcita
Nikita
Teresita
Verita

Since your grandma's names include Charlotte and Rita, how about Carlotta?

Variations of Emilie:

- Amelie
- Emily
- Emelia
- Amelia
- Emmeline
- Emme

Rita means strong or brave. Here are other names with the same (or similar) meanings:

Brianna
Valencia
Valerie
Valentina
Alexis
Millicent
Vondra
Adira
Kyra
Riley

Good luck!

#3 Mika Casey

Mika Casey

Epic Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 12:21 PM

I'm sorry for your loss.

Rosita is beautiful, I love it!

I think a double middle with "C" and "E" initials would be a great way to honor your grandmother as well.

Rosita Carmen Everly
Rosita Charity Evan
Rosita Carrie Ella
Rosita Charmaine Elle
Rosita Charlotte Esme
Rosita Corinne Elora
Rosita Cherish Eleanor

#4 Anny

Anny

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 04:56 AM

First of all, I am very sorry for the loss of your grandma. I am very close to my grandmother, so I can only imagine how painful it is for you. But it's sweet you want to honor her!

I like Rosita, and Rosie is a cute nickname.

Here are other girl names ending in -ita:

Anita
Bonita
Carlita
Evita
Lilita
Lolita
Marcita
Nikita
Teresita
Verita

Since your grandma's names include Charlotte and Rita, how about Carlotta?

Variations of Emilie:

- Amelie
- Emily
- Emelia
- Amelia
- Emmeline
- Emme

Rita means strong or brave. Here are other names with the same (or similar) meanings:

Brianna
Valencia
Valerie
Valentina
Alexis
Millicent
Vondra
Adira
Kyra
Riley

Good luck!

Thank you! Well, my grandma has been dead for years, but we were close when I was little.

Well, for now Emilie is used as mn for another name, and Charlotte as well. I won't use any variation of Emilie since it is my hostmom's daughter's name, and I know another girl whose name is Emilia. But it will stay as mn, has been for years.

I don't really like any variation with -ita at the end, sorry, I mean no offense. The only one that appeals to me would be Carlita, or even Charlita (Charlotte + Rita). I did have Charlotte as fn for a long time, but it got so popular , and I never was really sure about it. Carlotta is also in the top 100 in Germany, but i never really wanted to use it. A friend of mine wants to name her future daughter Carlotta, so I won't take that away from her.

As of for the names with the same meaning: I already have Brienna on the list :) (well, this spelling because of the German pronouncation. It would be like Breanna). I also like Adira and Kiera, well I have Cieran/ Kieran on my boy name list :)

Thank you for your suggestions.

I'm sorry for your loss.

Rosita is beautiful, I love it!

I think a double middle with "C" and "E" initials would be a great way to honor your grandmother as well.

Rosita Carmen Everly
Rosita Charity Evan
Rosita Carrie Ella
Rosita Charmaine Elle
Rosita Charlotte Esme
Rosita Corinne Elora
Rosita Cherish Eleanor

I love 'E'-names :) You can see that I have a couple of them on my list.

I don't like the idea of two middle names, sorry. But there are a few I like to be paired with Rosita:
Rosita Carmen
Rosita Charlotte
Rosita Esmé
Rosita Corinna
Rosita Eleanor

Love the name Eleanor :D But I wouldn't use it because I love the name Elara more :) I do love Rosita Elora, but way to similar to Elara, same for Ella and Elle.

Thank you for your suggestions.

I am just afraid that Rosita sounds too Spanish, it is not likely that I'll get a girl with dark hair and dark eyes. So would it still fit? I was thinking to use it as mn as well, Idk. I think I need more suggestions, for FNs and MNs.

#5 Katie-Nana

Katie-Nana

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,652 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 07:54 AM

I agree that Rosita seems very spanish. But she would probably be the only Rosita that people know so she will be able to completely personify the name in your family and friends eyes and I'm sure if you chose it then it would be her name and no one else's and most people would forget the spanish-ness of the name.

It's kinda like this girl I grew up with named Octavia. I've known her since I was in primary school and she is the only one I've ever known with that name. When I hear Octavia, I think of her and it looses its Unusual, Roman Literary association for me.

I also worked with a girl named Consuela and a guy named Carlos (two seperate jobs) who were not hispanic. When I first meet them I thought it was weird but after knowing them and seeing them every day you forget about the name being incongruous and just think of it as THEIR name.

I think Rosita is a very pretty name and a great way to honor your grandmother.

I also kinda like the idea of Rosalita/Lolita/Lalita/Charlita/Emilita/Lita...because the -lita ending signifies "little" so it would kinda be like "little Rita"

#6 Anny

Anny

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 08:59 AM

Thanks Katie!!!

I actually like Rosalita :) No idea why, but I think it is cute :) Now I need middle names for it, or first names?! :)

Yeah, i guess you are right. It always depends on the person with that name, not the name itself.

I recently read that Rita is a short form of Margaret(e), Marquarite,... So, I am already honoring her by using Margarete as mn :D It is actually my other grandma's mn, that way I could honor them both at the same time. Kinda cool :)

Well, still want alternatives for Rita, actually with -rita, not just -ita. A friend of mine knows a little girl with the name Ferita nn Fee (prn. like Fay), and she told me that they wanted to honor a late grandma with it, her name was also Rita. But they didn't like it, so they used a variation instead. But I do not want to steal it, and it doesn't really appeall to me either...

#7 JennyB

JennyB

Superstar Baby Namer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 04:02 PM

Cerrita

Clairita

Marita

Maurita

Sarita