5 replies to this topic

#1 Zoe Grace

Zoe Grace

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 29 December 2019 - 11:26 PM

I'm planning on naming my second-born Quinn Noelle! I think Quinn is a beautiful name for a girl, but I know not everyone feels that way. It's pretty much set at this point, but I'd love to hear what you don't like about it to get some perspective! I think Noelle a beautiful name and it honors someone I loved who passed. My only concern is that the n's run together.

#2 Brynn.Elizabeth

Brynn.Elizabeth

Novice Baby Namer

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 30 December 2019 - 07:29 PM

Fortunately, unlike the "A" sound - as in, "Eva Annabel" - the "N" sound at the end of a word generally indicates a stop in the English language. It's harder to say "Quinnoelle" as one word than it is to say "Evaannabel." In terms of the names running together, I think you have nothing to worry about and most people, including you, are naturally going to say "Quinn Noelle" with a pause between the Ns.

Quinn Noelle is a gorgeous name for a girl as is and whatever my opinion is worth, I give it a 10/10 and say go for it! If you're really worried about the sounds running together, though, Noelle Quinn would be just as lovely and could quell (see what I did there?  :P) your concerns.

#3 SelenaK

SelenaK

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,489 posts
  • Interests:Fantasy and historical fiction, archery, swimming and I love to cook!

Posted 02 January 2020 - 06:08 AM

Ooh I think Quinn Noelle is so pretty! The 'n' does run slightly but it's not a dealbreaker because it doesn't really sound like a plausible word. 

#4 karlianne13

karlianne13

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 11 March 2020 - 09:53 AM

Sounds beautiful! :)

#5 JennyB

JennyB

Superstar Baby Namer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 20 April 2020 - 08:41 PM

I like it! While I can see the concern about it running together, when I say it over and over, it doesn't.

#6 Marvelous_Things

Marvelous_Things

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,663 posts
  • Interests:Movies, music, psychology, history, literature, anime, cosplay, and names.

Posted 21 April 2020 - 12:51 PM

I've seen the name Quinn gaining a lot of traction lately. Even though I wouldn't necessarily choose it myself, I think it's a beautiful name. I think Quinn Noelle is a beautiful combo, and all the better since it honors someone special to you. I don't think the Ns in the names run together too much at all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users