First and Last Name Too Matchy??

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_fergusmn_*

Guest_fergusmn_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 June 2019 - 05:14 PM

My husband and I love the name Crew for a little boy. The problem is that our last name is Krueger. Is the name

Crew Krueger too matchy sounding?? HELP! Any suggestions are welcome as well!

#2 Zoe Grace

Zoe Grace

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 15 June 2019 - 09:50 AM

Hmm. I think it might be a little matchy and trickier to pronounce. However, Crew is adorable and if you love it, I'd say go with it!

#3 JennyB

JennyB

Superstar Baby Namer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 15 June 2019 - 11:27 PM

I agree that the name Crew is great! I do think it is too matchy for your last name. When I look at it, it doesn't appear that way... but saying it is so very close.

#4 WriterJones

WriterJones

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,431 posts
  • Interests:Writing, singing, theatre, crocheting, names, movies, music

Posted 25 June 2019 - 07:57 PM

I think mabye you could give him a double name so it is not just Crew Krueger. you could use something like:

• Crew Nelson Krueger
  • Crew Isaac Kreuger
  • Crew Tanner Kruger

#5 WriterJones

WriterJones

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,431 posts
  • Interests:Writing, singing, theatre, crocheting, names, movies, music

Posted 25 June 2019 - 08:43 PM

I think mabye you could give him a double name so it is not just Crew Krueger. you could use something like:

• Crew Nelson Krueger
  • Crew Isaac Kreuger
  • Crew Tanner Kruger

I forgot to add one, I love Crew Maxim (can also be spelled Maxime)

#6 M Belle-Gir

M Belle-Gir

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:Linguistics, Dance, People, Hiking, Philosophy, Neuroscience, Travel, Tennis and Beginning to learn more about cooking (woohoo!)

Posted 27 June 2019 - 11:53 PM

Hmm, part of the fun in names is that we CAN be matchy sometimes! While it does sound very similar, I think the variation in spellings gives it enough difference and the sound of the name overall is interesting. So as far as similarity goes, I think if you guys love it then go for it!

**One area I'm just going to mention is that of pronunciation. I believe Kreuger is German, yes? If, however, you're English, American, etc., it's pronounced with a rather difficult rhotic "r" sound that is rarely found outside of English. My point here is that Crew Kreuger has three instances of this sound back to back to back; making it likely that it could become a tongue-twister for not only new people that meet your child, but also for your child themselves. Most children have trouble consistently producing that hard "r" sound until around the ages of 5-7, or in some cases far later and again, because this sound simply does not exist in the majority of languages spoken, in the future, their name has the potential to be very problematic. As someone who comes from an ethnically mixed background with this sound in one of their names, I can vouch for this often becoming a problem (sweat drop) haha, but again, just food for thought. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users