• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Laney

Laney

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,283 posts
  • Interests:Baby names, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, Jem cartoon, ER, CSI: Miami, Full House, Sailor Moon (original anime and live-action), Flashpoint, Felicity, ID channel, Food Network baking competitions, MasterChef/MasterChef Junior/Junior MasterChef Australia, movies (mostly 80's and 90's), writing/reading fan-fiction, baking, vegan cooking, photography, traveling, cats, books and tv shows/movies about female murderers, swimming, bowling, drawing, surfing the internet, forensics, Netflix, 80's and 90's music, picture editing, shopping, coffee (decaf mostly, but I love mocha Frappuccinos too)

Posted 11 June 2021 - 12:06 PM

What do you think of Eithne? I'm mostly Irish and this name is starting to grow on me. If I were to use it, should I spell it the original way or Enya? I don't usually like untraditional spellings, but Eithne might trip people up with the spelling and pronunciation.

Also, please hit me up with some combos! Thanks! 🙂

Eithne/Enya _________ Fleming
_________ Eithne/Enya Fleming

I prefer classic/vintage names and names that honor my Irish, Latvian, Scottish, or Scandinavian/Viking roots.

* If using Eithne/Enya as a MN, I don't want the first name to be too popular. I try to stay out of the top 200, but may consider something in the 150-199 range if I like it enough to overlook the popularity. I'm okay with a more common middle as long as it isn't filler (I love Rose, Elizabeth, Anne, Noelle, Kate, Jane, and Mae though).

No BNOGs, unisex names, or anything too trendy. I think names should age well.

#2 Nings8

Nings8

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 13 June 2021 - 05:54 PM

I have a friend named Enya, and it fits her perfectly! I have never met another, and no one has issues with spelling. However, I think you should stick to the anglicized spelling (I was a little confused when I saw the non!) :)

For middle name ideas...

Enya Aster Fleming (In love!!)

Enya Astoria Fleming

Enya Jane Fleming (So adorable!)

Enya Judith Fleming (Love!!)

Enya Natalie Fleming

Enya Madeleine Fleming

Enya Violet Fleming

I tried to pull inspiration from your combos! Let me know if you like any :)

• Laney likes this

#3 DelphiMoon

DelphiMoon

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts
  • Interests:Hedgehogs, Hamilton, and corn flakes.

Posted 14 June 2021 - 06:04 AM

I think that Eithne is visibly far more beautiful. But you shouldn't make a child sacrifice a life of smooth spelling for a lovelier appearance in this case, and I think Enya's the way to go.  

• Laney likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users