17 replies to this topic

#1 VAB

VAB

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 04:03 PM

I just recently decided to change from Leon to Leonidas because I feel it has a better flow with the whole name.

Leonidas Zanzibar Rebello.
Leo
(my little lion cub) <------such a cute story behind that =)

The middle name IS NOT CHANGING! I'm only asking your opinions on Leonidas. So what does everyone think?

#2 -TebowTime-

-TebowTime-

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,472 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 04:10 PM

I like it!

#3 Wildflowerchild

Wildflowerchild

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 04:15 PM

I really like Leonidas. It sounds really strong and masculine.

#4 VAB

VAB

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 04:23 PM

Oh that's so good to hear! I was feeling like this name would be taken as joke because of the middle name but I really love Leonidas. =)

#5 Starlight

Starlight

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 05:30 PM

How are you pronouncing it hun? :)

#6 VAB

VAB

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 10:32 PM

Leo-ni-das

#7 linz6889

linz6889

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • Interests:2 boys, Waylon Hunter & Weston John
    1 girl, Stella Rosalie Ann.
    1 more on the way!

Posted 14 August 2011 - 12:22 AM

Not a fan of Leonidas, reminds me to much of the 300 movie. What's the reason for Zanzibar?

#8 VAB

VAB

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 12:37 AM

My boyfriend says he has always wanted to name a son Zanzibar but I told him it could only be a middle name. I've tried talking him out of it and suggesting Zane or Zander but he won't budge. I'm planning on honeymooning or vacationing to the tropical place in Africa named Zanzibar so that it holds a special meaning to me.

I know Latin and I personally love the 300 movie so for me this is such a great name.

#9 linz6889

linz6889

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts
    1 more on the way!

Posted 14 August 2011 - 12:53 AM

My boyfriend says he has always wanted to name a son Zanzibar but I told him it could only be a middle name. I've tried talking him out of it and suggesting Zane or Zander but he won't budge. I'm planning on honeymooning or vacationing to the tropical place in Africa named Zanzibar so that it holds a special meaning to me.

I know Latin and I personally love the 300 movie so for me this is such a great name.

Wow that's cool, as long as it has meaning for u who cares what anybody else thinks. I'm happy for u that u have a boy name. I'm due in approx. 31 day n I'm still clueless on what my sons name will be I'm so scared that he's gonna come early and I still won't have a name! Girls names are sooo much easier. I'm secretly crossing my fingers for a girl since I have my boy already:)

#10 VAB

VAB

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 01:08 AM

Oh I know boy's are so hard to name! So far we have two boy names and I thought two girl names but now they're so popular I feel like dumping them and starting all over again! Just so you know I'm not pregnant I just really love the naming process =)

#11 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,884 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 14 August 2011 - 08:59 AM

Leonidas on its own is really strong and handsome... I like! I feel like the flow was better as Leon though, with Zanzibar. Its much too long otherwise... even if you have a short name. Though I do really like Leonidas.. its just to long if Zanzibar is necessary. :)

#12 VAB

VAB

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 04:06 PM

I really don't want to sound racist here but Leon Zanzibar just sounds too "black" to me. Understandable because Zanzibar is a place in Africa but still I'm a little white Irish girl so to me Leon just doesn't fit. Leonidas on the other hand sounds Roman and Medieval, which I love! No one ever really goes around saying Hi my name is Leonidas Zanzibar Rebello. That would be ridiculous so idk to me I think it would work. He can always shorten it to Leo or Leon if he wanted to.

I also tend to think people should have a longer more formal first name to fall back on rather than short little names. Probably because my name is Victoria my brothers are Michael, Kevin, and my boyfriend is Kenneth. I'm just use to long first names.

#13 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,884 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 14 August 2011 - 04:43 PM

When you bring it up.. I kinda have to agree. It does sound more like an african american name [no racism here either!!! <3] Though I don't feel like Leonidas makes it feel less "black"... in my opinion :) I feel like no matter what name you put with Zanzibar, it will sound that way. However, seeing as its a middle name, and most people wont know his middle name unless you go out of your way to say it or someone asks, I don't think you should worry about that :) Because he'll be known as Leon Rebello. Or Leo. I love just plain Leo as well. Its very sturdy and in no real need of a fuller first name. But, I suppose I'd just go with the one I prefer. If you prefer Leonidas, then use it. If not, don't. :P

#14 VAB

VAB

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 07:34 PM

Thanks =) I'm just going to go with Leonidas. My boyfriend already loves it and I love it so I guess I just wanted some feedback on the name.

#15 D3sire

D3sire

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,995 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 11:38 PM

Leonidas is awesome!

#16 VAB

VAB

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 11:49 PM

Thank you =)

#17 linz6889

linz6889

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts
    1 more on the way!

Posted 15 August 2011 - 03:43 AM

Even tho ur not.expecting I think it could come in handy that u have a name picked out. My sons name is Waylon and I had that name picked out since I was 15, so when I found out I was preggos that was my choice, but my bf didn't like it. And when he was born we didn't have any other names picked out and Waylon fit him perfect:) now its my 2nd son I'm having issues with.

#18 VAB

VAB

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 03:26 PM

Me and my boyfriend have been together almost two years now and we're looking at houses to buy so naturally the thought of babies came up. It's a nice way for us to bond too =) We want to have two names for each gender picked out. We had all the girls figured out but not anymore =/ I love that you used the name you had picked out! I hope you find a name you'll both love.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users