• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 xxThePumpkinQueenxx

xxThePumpkinQueenxx

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,712 posts
  • Interests:singing, writing, reading, psychology, science, math, forensics, children, going to church, being with my family and SEC football. War Eagle!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:30 PM

So I'm still insanely torn between the names Skylar nn Skye or Nora. I honestly can't pick which one I like better! I was wanting to work on my list and I have a handful of combos for both that I wanted opinions on :) I have:

Skylar Elaine
Skylar Michelle
Skylar Elyse
Skylar Victoria

Nora Caitlyn
Nora Michelle
Nora Skylar
Nora Abigail
Nora Isabella-Kate
Nora Isabella-Grace
Nora Penelope
Nora Elyse

Also, isn't there a name site where you can put in names and it scrambles them around to generate new names from them? I've got some family names I want to play around with and that would be right up my alley :)

#2 brittany111

brittany111

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,912 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:35 AM

I think they are both lovley names.
I perfer Skye, 2 reasons, i know 2 Skyes, one, when i was in pre-primary and i remember being so jealous of her (girl named Sky) name, i came home and asked my mum why i hadn't being given a nice name! (poor mum copped alot of grief from me over my name) and the other is a lady at work. I never imagined Skye on an older lady until i met her. She is just beautiful inside and out.

They are both lovley.

#3 PaperHeart

PaperHeart

Genie-ous Baby Namer and Moderator

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,160 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:01 PM

Mm, are you thinking of Nymbler?

Or a site that literally scrambles up the letters of the names you put in to create names that fit your supposed style?

#4 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,884 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:04 PM

http://www.yeahbaby....e-generator.php

Theres the link to the scrambler thing you were mentioning - its fabulous! :)

So I'm still insanely torn between the names Skylar nn Skye or Nora. I honestly can't pick which one I like better! I was wanting to work on my list and I have a handful of combos for both that I wanted opinions on :) I have:

Aw I love both Skylar and Nora.. so I can't help. I guess right now I prefer Skylar "Skye" but Nora is beautiful as well. Skylar Elyse would be perfect if you and Nick ever did have another (; But I love Skylar Elaine or Skylar Victoria <3 And Nora Caitlyn, Nora Skylar, Nora Abigail, Nora Penelope, and Nora Elyse :)
  • xxThePumpkinQueenxx likes this

#5 MommaMeg

MommaMeg

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 364 posts
  • Interests:I love....Reading, Napping in a Hammock, Playing with Nora, making Wyatt laugh, Walking my dogs, Singing, Watching Movies, Running, Wearing Sunglasses, Walking barefoot on soft grass, making my husband laugh, remembering good things that have happened in my life, writing short stories, thinking up baby names...

Posted 12 January 2013 - 02:34 PM

I really like Skye, especially spelling it with the 'e' on the end. I think it makes it more girly. Both names are really great, I guess it just depends on whether you would want to go with a more classic feminine sound (Nora) or with a name that has just a little edge while still being girly (Skye). Or just go with Nora Skye :)

#6 Mishada

Mishada

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts
  • Interests:Stuff, I guess.

Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:58 PM

The only Skyler I know was a guy, so I really only see it like that. Going to have to go with Nora.

#7 xxThePumpkinQueenxx

xxThePumpkinQueenxx

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,712 posts
  • Interests:singing, writing, reading, psychology, science, math, forensics, children, going to church, being with my family and SEC football. War Eagle!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:41 PM

Mm, are you thinking of Nymbler?

Or a site that literally scrambles up the letters of the names you put in to create names that fit your supposed style?

The one that scrambles the letters of your names. I found one and wasn't too impressed with what I found lol

#8 xxThePumpkinQueenxx

xxThePumpkinQueenxx

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,712 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:45 PM

I think I'm leaning more towards Skylar nn Skye. I just adore it so much :wub:
Wdyt of Aasyn, Hayleigh, and Skylar? Or Ace, Hays, and Skye?

I managed to get two more names out of DH. I have a middle name choice of either Elise, Hannah, or Aubrey. So right now, I've got the option of Skylar Elise, Skylar Hannah, or Skylar Aubrey and I think I honestly like Skylar Hannah the most :wub:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users