Photo

Ivees Ivy League congrats game! (round 3)

Round 3

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
23 replies to this topic

#21 Therandombanana

Therandombanana

Notable Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 09:19 AM

-Round 1-

You're 25 years old and just graduated from Law school, being a successful lawyer and what not, you don't really have time for dating. Your friend recommends you make an Eharmony, at first your standoffish to the idea, but then you decide to make one. At first your just getting messages from weirdo's and 80 year olds, but then when you've almost given up one pops up from a decent attractive man who doesn't look like he could possible kill you on the first date, You decide to go for it! On the date things really click and you guys decide that another date is in order! The next day he sends you a gift to your office at work!You're perfect like feels like its falling into place!

You: Rachel Laura Van Der Heide
School: Harvard
Him: James Aidan Stewart
Date: A dinner at a five star restaurant
Gift: A puppy called Rebel

-Round 2-

You and your SO have been dating for almost 2 years and for your 2 year anniversary your convinced hes gonna pop the question. You tell all your friends and pick out your prettiest outfit. The night comes and he takes you out on a date, but he doesn't pop the question. Your incredibly disappointed and frankly, a little embarrassed but on your ride home he has one more thing planned and even though your annoyed and just want to go home you try to be a good sport, then at least he pops the question! Your thrilled and start planning the wedding almost instantly! Sooner than later you've got your dress and colors all picked out. You're honeymoons all planned to an awesome destination!

Date: an exclusive ball for the upper east sides most privileged
How he proposed: at the park where he first told you he loved you
Wedding Location: California
Celebrity guest: Beyoncé
Maid of honour: Romy Erica Linney
Colour Theme: Cranberry and bold pink
Dress designer: Alexander McQueen
Honeymoon: The Virgin Islands

Rachel Laura Stewart (27)
James Aidan Stewart (28)
Rebel (2)

-Round 3-

A few months after your honeymoon you begin feeling sick, You go to the doctor thinking its just the flu or maybe your dehydrated but they think the diagnosis is something entirely different , Its a baby. At first your shocked but then the excitement kicks in. You call your husband immediately and hes ecstatic! You can't wait to paint the nursery and and pick out the millions of clothes. Next thing you know its your baby shower and then the baby comes a few months later!
Your perfect family is coming together (:

Favourite gift: Louis Vuitton Baby bag
Nursery: Yellow

Rachel Laura Stewart (27)
James Aidan Stewart (28)
Tabitha Anais Stewart (nb)
Rebel (2)

#22 Meghan<3

Meghan<3

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,823 posts
  • Interests:Baby names, writing, reading, animals

Posted 01 November 2013 - 12:40 PM

My name is Eleanor Jane Beaumont, and I am a graduate of Yale.  Shortly after beginning my life as an attorney at the age of twenty-five, my married college friends began trying to cajole me into going on a date.  I informed them that I simply could not fit dating in my busy schedule, so, to my shock and annoyance, they signed me up for EHarmony.  I ignored their attempt to find me a husband, especially since most of the men who contacted me via my profile were in their 80's or just plain weird.  One day, a handsome man named Christian Henry Matthews contacted me.  I agreed to a date, and he took me to dinner at a five star restaurant.  The next day, he sent tickets to see my favorite band in concert to my office.  Needless to say, I was smitten.

After two years of dating, I had an inkling that Christian was going to propose to me.  He booked reservations for dinner one night on top of the Empire State Building.  My friends helped me choose my outfit and curl my hair.  To my disappointment, however, he did not pop the question throughout our entire evening.  The car was silent as he drove me home.  He stopped the car suddenly at the park where he first told me he loved me and suggested we stargaze.  The night was beautiful, and as we lay on the grass, he pulled a ring box from his pocket.  I was thrilled and immediately said yes.  

We got married in our hometown of New York.  Christian works as a producer on Broadway and managed to book Christina Aguilera as a celebrity guest performer at our wedding.  My maid-of-honor was my best friend from college, Alison Kelly Windham.  We got married on November 1st and chose red and orange as our wedding colors as a homage to fall.  I wore a beautiful Ines DiSanto dress, and we honeymooned in Ireland.

A few months after we returned from Ireland and moved into our first home together, I went to the doctor because I had been feeling sick.  Thinking it was just the flu or dehydration, I was shocked when my doctor announced I was pregnant.  I told Christian, who was ecstatic, and we were both elated to find out we were expecting a baby girl.

When my best friend Alison found out, she gave me a Louis Vuitton baby bag at my baby shower.  I had a suspicion that our little girl was going to grow up to be a style maven like her godmother Alison!  We painted our daughter's nursery gray with pink accents.  Eloise Bronte Matthews arrived on January 8th.

The Matthews Family

Christian, Eleanor, and Eloise

#23 Addison

Addison

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,122 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 08:20 AM

Me: Anna Caroline Van Elliot Carter

Him: Gaston Silas Carter

Baby Girl: Isabella Thea Carter

#24 ashtona731

ashtona731

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 04:36 PM

*Sorry it's long. I love to write, and I got kind of carried away. You can read it if you want.*

ROUND ONE:

My name is Claire Elizabeth Lynch. I am 25 years old and just graduated from Stanford Law School; being a successful lawyer and what not, I don't really have time for dating. My friend recommended I make an E-harmony account. At first, I'm standoffish to the idea, but then I decide to make one. At first, all I got were messages from weirdos and 80 year olds, but then when I had almost given, up one popped up from a decent, attractive man who doesn't look like he could possible kill me on the first date. His name was Gabriel Jude Hinkle. I decided to go for it! He took me to Coney Island for the day. On the date things really click, and we both decide that another date is in order! The next day, he sent a dress to my office, supposed for an event tonight! I finally feel like my perfect life is coming together!

ROUND TWO:

My name is Claire Elizabeth Lynch. I have been dating Gabriel Jude Hinkle for almost two years since meeting on E-Harmony. Our two year anniversary is coming up, and I am utterly convinced Gabe is going to pop the question. I've already told my best friend, who helped me pick out my prettiest outfit. We shared a day at the spa together. I'm incredibly disappointed and frankly, a little embarrassed, when he doesn't pop the question or even show a sign that he might all day. On the ride home, Gabe says he has one more thing planned. Even though I'm a little annoyed and just want to go home, I try to be a good sport. He pulls up to a big, fancy hotel. He comes around, opens the door, and walks me the hotel where a doorman in a red suit with epulets and big, brass buttons opens the door. The inside of the hotel is beautiful and looks very expensive and elegant. He walks up to reception and asks the room key reserved under "Hinkle." We take the elevator to the top floor. Gabe reserved the PENTHOUSE?! What in the world is he planning? When the elevator doors open, I see too, huge, gold doors. Gabe slides the key and tells me to close my eyes. He takes my hand, leads me a little ways, and whispers "Open them." in my ear. When I open my eyes, the floor is covered in rose petals. A large, king-sized bed is on a platform, and there is hot tub next to a wall of nothing but windows overlooking the New York skyline. Gabe leads me up the platform and sits me on the bed where I see a plate of chocolate-covered strawberries and a bottle of champagne waiting. "Alright, mister. What are you planning?" I said jokingly as I felt hope and love sweltering in my chest. "Well..." he drags as he gets on one knee and pulls a velvet ring box from his pocket and pops it open. "Claire Elizabeth Lynch, would you do me the great honor of making me the happiest man on Earth?" I felt tears well up in my eyes as I smiled at this perfect man who, to think, if I had been more stubborn (as I'm known to be), I might not have met. I jumped towards him and wrapped my arms around his neck, screaming a most definite yes as hot tears of joy stream down my face. We started planning the wedding immediately! After a while, I've got my dress and color scheme picked out and our honeymoon planned down to the last detail. We decide to have the wedding on a beach in California. Our colors are light pink and brown; my maid of honor is my best friend, Anabel; my dress is a beautiful Alexander McQueen (here). We decide to honeymoon in Spain, where Gabe and I have always wanted to go.

ROUND THREE:

My name is Claire Elizabeth Hinkle (nee Lynch). Not too long ago, I married Gabriel Jude Hinkle. A few months ago, we got back from a hooneymoon in Spain. Recently, I've been feeling sick, and I really hope I haven't caught a foreign bug. Just to be sure, I made an appointment with my doctor. He says it appears to be the flu, but because I recently went to a foreign country, he wants to double check with a blood test. A few weeks later, he called me back with better news than the flu: I'm pregnant! At first, I was shocked, but then I got really excited! The first thing I did was call Gabe and told him the doctor just called, and I needed him to come home. I felt bad for making him worry, but I didn't want to tell him over the phone. I had fifteen minutes to try and think of a creative way to tell him. Then I remembered how he always told me that his favorite food had been bananas when he was a baby. I went to the kitchen and mashed a banana up in a bowl. When he came through the door, he shouted for me. He seemed really worried. I kissed him the cheek and told him I was fine, but I had something for him. "Close your eyes." I lead him into the kitchen where I got a spoonful of mashed bananas "Open." "What are you doing?" "Just open." I smiled. He sighed as he opened, and I put the spoon in his mouth. "Did you just feed me mashed banana?" he asked, confused. "Yes," I answered as I smiled again, "why would I feed you mashed bananas?" He opened his eyes "Because they were my favorite when I was little..." He kissed me. I gazed up at him "What do you think that means?" He looked at me for a few seconds, the same sparkle in his eye as the first time we met. "Claire..." he trailed off, and his smile widened, "are you pregnant?" I laughed "Yes." Gabe shouted with joy as he picked me up, spun me around, and kissed me over and over. "I love my beautiful wife."

Eighteen weeks later, Gabe held my hand in the ultrasound room. We were about to find out what our little angel would be. The doctor smiled and looked at us both "Get ready for a little a princess!" Gabe and I smiled at each other as we kissed. Time to plan the nursery and think of names! Weeks later, we finally decided to paint the nursery purple, but we still hadn't decided on a name. Our baby is  going to enter this world thinking her name is Princess or Punkadoodle. Close to time for her to arrive, Anabel threw me a baby shower. My favorite gift, by far, was the set of Lacoste onsies from Gabe's parents. A few months later, Gabe and I were still debating baby names. About a week before her due date, we finally picked out our daughter's name: Olivia Calliope Hinkle. We both went to bed smiling, pleased that we finally found a name and our little angel would fill our lives with love very soon. A few hours later, around 3am, I woke up with contractions. After we both panicked for a few minutes, I called my obstetrician who said Gabe should get me to the hospital, and she would meet us there. Fifteen minutes later, we were met by a nurse with a wheelchair and taken up to labor and delivery. After four hours of painful labor and worrying that I was breaking Gabe's hand, our little bundle arrived! Olivia Calliope Hinkle entered the world at 7:31 am on January 25, 2017 at 6 lbs, 12 oz, 20 in. My perfect life is coming together.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Round 3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users