7 replies to this topic

#1 ChristinaD

ChristinaD

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 08:01 AM

We have decided on Hanna as a first name (yes without and H at the end) and we love the name Hanna Sofia... But Im torn because our other kids middle names are all family members (which is what we wanted) but Sofia isnt a family name. We both just genuinely love the name! We wanted to use my sisters name, Natalia for babies middle name but then when we decided on Hanna, we realized it didnt sound too great. Should it matter? My sister thinks we will be using her name as it is though! Which name do we use? Whats right and whats wrong here?

Hanna Sofia or
Hanna Natalia[/font][/font]

#2 Katie-Nana

Katie-Nana

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,652 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 09:08 AM

I think Hanna Natalia is fine...what about using your sister's middle name?

#3 ChristinaD

ChristinaD

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 11:39 AM

My sister doesnt have a middle name... none of us do :-) But should we use a name we think we should use (Natalia) or a name we really love (Sofia)?? Will she be hurt and not get over it? She is just a wishy washy person with me... I was supposed to be her daughters God Mother and a month before the date, she changed her mind and picked someone else... so is it a big deal to NOT use her name?? Im not trying to be tit for tat at all but Im jst saying that I got over it...

#4 Anny

Anny

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 01:07 PM

Although there are a lot of 'n's and 'a's in Hanna Natalia, it sounds fine to me. Or maybe just Natalie? Hanna Natalie sounds gorgeous, better than Hanna Natalia. It flows better and she'll be named after your sister.
But if you explaine her, that you thought that another name sounds better with Hanna, and that it has nothing to do with getting back to her, she'll understand. I would.
Well, I thought I would be the god mother to one of my best friends baby, but she had promised someone else before me. It was her decission, not mine. But she said that I could be her next baby's god mother :)

#5 Katie-Nana

Katie-Nana

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,652 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 01:20 PM

I like both names, though Hanna Sofia does flow a bit better, there isn't anything wrong with Hanna Natalia.

If you LOVE the name Hanna Sofia then I'd go with that but if you want to name her after your sister then I wouldn't let the "flow" bother you.

#6 Eaz88

Eaz88

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 07:17 PM

The Hanna Sofia

#7 AutumnLeigh

AutumnLeigh

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 10:33 AM

She's YOUR baby. YOU name her what YOU want to.

Hanna Sofia is my favorite!
Also, if you still wanna honor your sister you could go with Hanna Natalie, although it doesn't really sound that great together... :)
(it was just an idea :o )

#8 LaRn_aShLeeee

LaRn_aShLeeee

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts
  • Interests:.

Posted 02 October 2011 - 12:51 PM

I agree. Hanna Sofia sounds much better, but if you really wanted to name her after your sister, Hanna Natalie would be best.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users