6 replies to this topic

#1 meg

meg

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,351 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 02:55 PM

Just wondering what everyones favourite Biblical, Classic, 1980-90's name and Modern names are? If you have any other name groups add those to. :)

#2 meg

meg

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 2,351 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 03:00 PM

Biblical for girls Eve and Hannah, for boys Noah and Issac.
Classic for girls Elizabeth and Lucy, for boys Henry.
1980-90 for girls Jessica and Lauren for boys Ryan.
Modern for girls Ava, for boys ??

#3 scarlet520

scarlet520

Expert Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,790 posts
  • Interests:I LOVE reading. I'm into almost every genre and generally read a book a week, if possible. I like Iris Johansen, Karen Marie Moning, Stephen King, James Patterson, Jane Austen, Charlotte Brontë, Diana Gabaldon, Kathy Reichs, and Robert Burns (every Scot's favorite author). I really love music and even got accepted to the Mason Gross School of Performing Arts at Rutgers University (my alma mater) for vocal performance. Unfortunately performance life was not for me, so I went into English Lit and French instead. Music is still a big part of my life, and I like a multitude of musical genres from Reggae to Rock to Opera. I've seen Carmen and La bohème each twice. (And I cry every time.) My husband and I also have a special place in our hearts for The Beatles.

Posted 22 April 2008 - 03:17 PM

Hmm... that's a lot different types of names. I just post them one genre at a time.
My favorite Biblical names are:

Girls:
Eden
Abigail
Hannah
Bethany
Claudia
Rachel
Anna
Leah
Mariah (I like this variant of Mary best - pronounced "mah RY yah")
Joanna
Judith
Rebecca
Sarah
Lydia
Naomi
Tabitha
Moriah (pr: "mo RIE ah" - In the Bible, Moriah is the name given to the mountain or mountain range where Abraham led his son Isaac for the sacrifice ordered by God.)

Boys:
Aaron
James
Jacob
Seth
Asher
Gabriel
Andrew
Jason
Benjamin
Daniel
David
Joel
Nathaniel
Nathan
Eli/Elijah
Jeremiah
Ethan
Samuel
Silas
Jude
John/Jonathan
Matthew
Matthias
Mark
Luke
Micah
Philip
Stephen
Thaddeus
Thomas
Timothy
Zachariah

#4 scarlet520

scarlet520

Expert Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,790 posts
  • Interests:I LOVE reading. I'm into almost every genre and generally read a book a week, if possible. I like Iris Johansen, Karen Marie Moning, Stephen King, James Patterson, Jane Austen, Charlotte Brontë, Diana Gabaldon, Kathy Reichs, and Robert Burns (every Scot's favorite author). I really love music and even got accepted to the Mason Gross School of Performing Arts at Rutgers University (my alma mater) for vocal performance. Unfortunately performance life was not for me, so I went into English Lit and French instead. Music is still a big part of my life, and I like a multitude of musical genres from Reggae to Rock to Opera. I've seen Carmen and La bohème each twice. (And I cry every time.) My husband and I also have a special place in our hearts for The Beatles.

Posted 22 April 2008 - 03:21 PM

My favorite 1980/90's names are:

Girls
Ashley
Jessica
Jennifer
Michelle
Sarah
Melissa

Boys
Michael
Christopher
Matthew
Joseph
Nicholas
Justin

#5 scarlet520

scarlet520

Expert Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,790 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 03:28 PM

In general, I like more traditional or Gaelic (a lot of old fashioned Gaelic names have recently become very popular) names. However, I do have a few Modern Names on my ever growing name lists. They are:

Girls
Kaelyn/Kaylin
Layla
Keira/Ciara
Maya

Boys
Brayden/Braeden
Connor
Caleb
Landon

#6 Jellybean

Jellybean

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts
  • Interests:-Watching movies<br />-Reading (specially poetry)<br />-Writing<br />-Playing with my daughter<br />-Travelling<br />-Learning different languages

Posted 23 September 2008 - 09:26 PM

GIRLS
Biblical:Rebecca
Classic:Virginia
1980-90's:Michelle
Modern:Saoirse

BOYS
Biblical:Adam
Classic:Theodore
1980-90's:Henry
Modern:Lucan

#7 Dominique

Dominique

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 08:21 PM

My Favorite's are:

Girl:
Biblical: Abigail, Anna, Delilah, Judith, Lydia, Magdalena (ther tiny variation on Magdelene),
Classic: Lilly, Ruby, Isabela, Ella, Amelia, Natalie, Annabelle, Stella, Eliza, Cecelia, Genevieve.
1980-90: I honestly can not think of any and did not care for any of the popular names during this time like Jessica or Lauren and the few I did like that were on the lists for most popular are on my lists for biblical or classic lol.
Modern: Arianna, Anastajia (and many of the variations, but don't care for the American-ized version of this name), Natasha, Esmerelda, Naudia, Mila, Leilani.

Boy:
Biblical: Benjamin, Elijah, Gabriel, Gideon, Isaiah, James, Josiah, Joseph, Luke, Nathan, Noah.
Classic: Jack, Oliver, Charlie, Lucas, Luca, Lucian, Leonardo.
1980-90: Same as the girls.
Modern: Miles, Liam.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users